2~ man? what man?

[TERRAI MONTEGO]

"Honey, where are you going? Why the luggage? Are you leaving town?" The sound of his mother's concerned voice was soft yet curious as she questioned.

"Mom, yes. I'm leaving town for a bit. This place have too much memories of her. I will suffer if I don't." She nodded her head skeptically. That was one of the reason he loved his mother. She understood him and despite the fact he had come of age, she actually embraced the fact that he was an adult and could make his own decisions.

"But, I'm going to miss you my baby boy. My only boy." She said, her eyes prickled with tears as she caressed his cheek. He hated when she did that.

She used those emotive words just to play with his feelings. That will somehow convince him to stay. But put it all aside, he was going.

"Mom, don't worry, I'll get a job, sent you money every week, I'll call everyday. It's like I never left." He gave her a sad smile before continuing. 

***

And that's how Terrai ended up there. Far from fake people and most of all, far from the woman that had betrayed him. To clarify, not his mother.

She was everything alright but not fake. But now, he was happier.

Fantastic.

Terrai was at home that day, he made some calls explaining that he wouldn't be at work for sometime— maybe ever. The phone call was stretched long, he felt guilty for constantly assuring the guy that he would show up when there was a possibility that he wouldn't.

He sacrificed the time and got the apartment cleaned. Terrai already prepared garlic cheddar chicken because his best friend Ode was going to drop by. How they met, was in the supermarket.  They both had went to do some last minute shopping separate occasion. There was this conversation in the bread and pastry isle about gluten from there Ode, had managed to hold a small spot in his heart.

Other than his great debating skills, the man as hard working, he had this little charisma to him that really made him a people's person. The guy was just it. He owned a medium scale restaurant. In the more middle class side of town. It was the all occasion type where friends can gather casually and also where the fine-and-dine happens. Terrai quickly took a shower and got on some clothes. Joggers and a plain shirt, he looked at himself one last time and ensured that all was well. He just simply got on a sandal instead of socks.

Knowing Terrai, it was safe to say he added some cologne and went down stairs. The lad was enveloped in warmth the second he opened the door, Ode's biceps wrapped affectionately around his shoulders. Terrai hugged back, squeezing him tighter on purpose

"Dang, Terr you got some muscles going on there." His best friend commented as he innocently assaulted him. Laughs echoes in the doorway, as Terrai invited him in.

"I'm not gay! I'm not gay!" He teased  which caused Terrai to roll his eyes as the man continued with his childish antics.