Question 5

5.1.15

Late Merry Christmas and hope you all had a Happy New Year.

This Chapter is shorter, but I'll be updating again by Thursday :) Consider it a gift from me for Christmas :)

~~~
First Date?
~~~

"I think we did millions of 'datey' things before we actually dated, to be honest. We would alway bump into each other, by chance. Every time we did anything together, there was some sort of chemistry there. Whether we'd be laughing our heads off or revealing dark secrets, every time we were in each other's company, it was special as hell"

"Very poetic"

~~~

"So this guy just took a muffin and coffee for free" Were the first words I managed to say, nervously wringing my hands together. Seeing Maggie's eyes widen, I realised I left out a crucial part of the details. "He said his name was Brayden and there was some sort of deal"

Maggie's shocked face morphed into a an amused smile. She put her paper down and chuckled, as though she reminisced about a funny memory.

"That Brayden is a real handful, I'll tell you, since the day he was born" She muttered, readjusting herself in her plush chair. "He's still so cheeky. Don't worry about the food.".

I blankly stared at Maggie, feeling like I was still missing a point. How come she knew all this about that random handsome guy? She probably noticed my confused face, as she answered my question.

"Brayden's my grandson."

"He's related to Evan?" I asked slowly, putting two and two together. Maggie nodded, taking a sip from her ceramic coffee mug.

"Brothers, actually" Surprised, I nodded. In my head, I began to subconsciously compare the two boys, seeing if their faces showed any signs of relation. They both had dark hair, but Evan's was brunette and Brayden had dirty blonde hair. Their eyes were coated with the same twinge of blue and both of them were gifted with perfect jawlines. The more I scrutinised, the more I realised how similar they actually were.

"Is this Sweet shop, like, a family meet up place?" I blurted, blushing slightly when I realised how stupid my question sounded.

"Well, I guess. It's been in the family for quite a while"

**
"Flynn!" shouted a garbled voice in the distance.

I shot awake, looking around furiously for the source of that voice. It took me a few seconds to realise that I was in my safe room, still brotherless. My top had drenched with sweat and and huffed with annoyance. The same question circulated in my head as I ran my trembling fingers through my hair.

When will the nightmares stop?

Reaching over to the side table, I pulled a drawer open, and took out my photo album. It was a turquoise album, imprinted with black, italic words.

'Memories last forever, and they say nothing is forever'

The sinister words never failed to cause a ripple of goosebumps throughout my body, even though looking at those pictures had become a daily routine. I brushed my fingers over the words as I opened the album. This picture album was special, as it was full of pictures of when my life was different.

When we were rich.

When we were happy.

When Flynn was alive.