Question 16 - Part 1

(send in other questions too)
question by : @ashley_lynch
~~
What is the stupidest thing you've ever fought about?
~~

"She watched the next episode of Game Of Thrones without me, and oh my god it got ugly"

"Yeah, I threw up"
~~

They were at it again. I sat in my room, pillow covering my head, and prayed for them to stop screaming bloody murder. My head ached from the lack of sleep, but I stayed put inside my little bed, and even just pretended to sleep so I wouldn't be dragged into the cacophony of noises being chucked around the house.

"Shut the fuck up, wanker!" My mother screamed in the blur of hatred that was spilling out of her mouth. And then I heard a heart stopping crash that forced me out of my bed. I leapt out and to the living room, and found my dad on the floor, clutching onto his arm which had been gashed by the vase my mother had hurled at him. I went over to him in a hurry, and lowered myself to take ahold of his injury. He slapped me, causing me to be thrusted back into the wall.

"Don't ever touch me again" he slurred dangerously, clear from his voice that he was high off his ass. The tears filled my eyes and I already felt the bruise on my cheek forming, but I nodded, too scared to speak. Getting up, I darted to my room, and shut the door behind me, and attempted to sleep again. I wish I didn't care about them.

**
The next morning, I could barely keep my eyes open at work, the world around me seeming like a giant blur. My head was throbbing as I'd been up listening to my parents bicker. I was so out of it, I didn't even realise Brayden had walked straight up to me, his face in front of me. It took me a while to even register who he was. There was a tingling feeling in my brain, a constant buzz of pain. The fights of my parents were getting too often, and my health was declining. That morning, I'd legitimately walked into the glass door, and froze, for a moment lacking the energy to even draw myself back from the door.

"You're looking... pained" Brayden put it blatantly, and I couldn't agree more. He reached out, towards my cheek, and I hissed in pain, flinching away. I felt like a pile of shit.

"What happe-" he began to ask, but I blurted out my rehearsed response before he could say anything more.

"I fell off the bed," I muttered, then after a moment of silence, spoke again, "I'll go". He lowered his head to my level, looking straight into my eyes, confusing clouding his whole face. I gulped. "To the wedding. I'll be your date" I explained, suddenly having the epiphany that I could not deal with my real family anymore. I was a 19 year old who was completely disregarded and ignored, no one giving a damn about me in my family. Then I realised the best thing for me was to get away-

From the negativity

From the pain

And from the bullying. Because dammit, I mattered too.

"Really?" He said, sounding very surprised. At least I thought, my eyes were too tired to open and look at his facial expressions.

"Yeah. I can't stand my family anymore. I need a break" my voice cracked. His warm hand encapsulated mine, and before I knew it, I was being lead out somewhere. I opened my eyes and looked at my surroundings with narrowed vision.

"Where are we going?" I drawled out, struggling to keep my balance. Two nights of barely any sleep was quite unhealthy, I realised, as my feet weren't falling easily. I might as well have been drunk. Brayden pulled me until we were at his car, and he opened the passenger door, gesturing for me to get in. A little confused, I tried to resist. "I have work"