Question 19 - Part 2

"Smugness isn't a good look on you, Warner." I mumbled back during the rehearsal, still trying really hard to remain collected with the fact that he was my partner. It just made keeping up my fake relationship harder. I looped my hand through the elbow that he'd offered me.

"So you were staring?" he retorted, causing me to groan, though I tried to keep my face as blank as possible as we stood in the gorgeous landscape. I concentrated on Lola's instructions, deciding that would be best for both her and me. However, I didn't miss Warner's cocky smirk as he looked back at Lola. At one point, I caught Brayden's eye, and saw the way he gave me a reassuring smile. I smiled back at him, warmed by the way he worried about me. However, I couldn't ignore the sparks of excitement that being around Warner brought me.

"Okay so, you guys couples can go line up there, under the archway." Lola instructed us, and I followed Warner's lead as all of us formed a line. From behind me, Willa aggressively poked at my shoulder. Sporting an amused smile, I glanced over at her.

"How cool is this, we both look so stunning and we're at a wedding together!" she squeaked, causing me to laugh. While we waited for Lola's order to start walking, Willa and I had a conversation.

"This is pretty cool." I admitted, smiling at the idea of finally being accepted in a family unit.

"I've never been to a wedding before," Willa sighed, taking in the view, "Have you?"

"I was going to go to my brother's wedding, but.." I drifted off, looking down at the concrete floors of the chapel.

"Why didn't you go?" Warner butted into the conversation, looking at me curiously from beside me. He then saw the dangerous glare on Willa's face, and gulped. "I'm sorry, what did I do?" he asked, sounding worried. I waved at him dismissively.

"Oh don't worry about it. It's been years since my brother died. He was engaged before he passed away." I told him, looking up at him. The shades of amusement immediately faded off his face as he looked at me, the sorrows radiating of him. I gave him a brief smile before clearing my throat and looking away. However, to my surprise, he unravelled his hand from mine, and wrapped it around me instead, giving me a side hug. I melted into his ever so slightly, and wanted to hug him back, but quickly stabilised, seeing as Brayden was just a few people in front of us, and Evan straight in front of us. Evan, however, was too busy chatting up a bridesmaid from Victor's family to notice our exchange.

"Alright everyone, we're going to do a quick run through!" Lola announced, and we all straightened up. The music begun playing as I walked out from under the chapel's alcove, holding onto Warner's arm. It was such a scenic view, and I felt delighted for the bride-to-be.

"This is lovely." I mumbled, looking at the cleanly shaved hedges and the beautiful birdbaths scattering the green gardens. Warner smiled down at me.

"Yes, it is."

"You know, I wanted to be a photographer before I had to drop out." I sighed, wandering if I could still ever live out my dreams rather than be tied down to my dysfunctional family. 

"You still could be." he responded, looking ahead at the pathway in front of us. As we walked down the path, I dreamt about a future where I was the one who held the camera, and it made me smile. With my eyes dancing around the scenic, bright views, I imagined all the pictures I could've taken if I had a camera. An idea popped into my head in that moment.

"Hey, do you have time to spare after the rehearsal?" I asked, looking up at him. He quirked his head and looked down at me, a playful smile on his lips.