Question 14- Part 1

••

••

Where did you meet?

We met in a coffee shop.

••

The water seemed to have literally swallowed me up and for a few seconds, I was completely engrossed in the cold abyss and all I could see were the legs of people around me. When I finally emerged, I saw Brayden treading water in front of me, laughing. Bringing up a hand to wipe away the water dripping into my eyes, I smiled at him.

"Wasn't that bad, was it?" he asked.

"Wait until you get out of the water to say that" I replied, my teeth beginning to chatter. Brayden swum his way to the edge of the water and hauled himself out the water, is white shirt now translucent. Turning around, he bent down and lent me a hand, which I gratefully took to pull myself away from the clinging water. As I got out, Brayden gave me a slight tug, the sudden force making me slip, and lose my footing. I tripped right into his abdomen, and he clung onto me, wrapping his arm around my back, stopping my fall. My face dampened from he contact with his shirt, catching a waft of the faint cologne he'd been wearing. As swiftly as possible, I moved back, hugging myself from the chilly breeze. My own clothes had began to shrivel with the weight of the water. He cleared his throat.

"It is cold" Brayden noted, rubbing his hands on his arms to warm himself. I nodded, my heart rate still elevated from that embarrassing moment. My eyes scanned around for Willa, hoping she could come and rescue me from this uncomfortable situation. Beside the pool, I noticed Evan, fast asleep on a deck chair, the drool seeping out from his mouth. I had to grin slightly.

"Maybe I should go change" I suggested, pointing at the door.

"Okay" Brayden replied before he walked off towards some of his other family members. I looked at his back, visible through his shirt now, and let myself, for a millisecond, appreciate how muscly it looked. Shaking off those thoughts, I skimmed the perimeter for Willa, who I found beside her bunny cage.

"You have bunnies?" I asked i approached, bewildered as to how I'd managed to miss those cute creatures before. She looked up, her eyes glistening way too much for her to be sober, and held her bunny tighter.

"They're just sooo cute" she whined, her eyes filling up with tears, much to my amusement. She brought the bunny close to her face and rubbed it gently with her cheek, as though cherishing the softness of their fur. I chuckled.

"Okay, I'm going to go get some clothes for myself from you wardrobe. Is that alright?" I asked her, although there really wasn't any point in it as though she was completely absorbed with the grey bunny. Without warning, I just walked back into her house, my clothes now feeling like a layer of wet paint all over my body. Inside, the warmth hit me like a wave and I welcomed it. The house was alive with chatter and laughter, people sitting near the christmas tree and enjoying each others warmth. I stood at the foot of the stairs and watched them, feeling nostalgic of the old Christmas's we used to have. Seeing Willa's family made me crave having that familial belonging, miss the fondness we used to have. Sighing, I continued up the stairs, reaching Willa's room and shutting the door behind me. I went through her clothes until I found some clothes that didn't look too spectacular. One was a cheesy Christmas sweater, a picture of Rudolph graving the front, and with that I pulled on some shorts, before hopping back down stairs. On the way out of the room, a thread of the jumper caught onto something on her desk and yanked it off the table, causing me to gasp.

A photo frame lay on the ground and I rushed to pick it up, hoping to not have broken it. It was a photo of, clearly, a young Willa, surrounded by her mum, dad and another boy, one I did not recognise. He looked older than her, she looked 6 and he looked around 9. Surprisingly, her was blonde in this picture, her arm around the boy as though she was pressing him against her side affectionately. The parents crouched on either side of the children, their smiles tangible.

**

"Okay I think you've had enough" Brayden pried his cousins hands off his face she vigorously squished his cheeks together. She giggled.

"Oh Bray I've barely had one drink, brother!" she exclaimed, her pitch changing as she there her head back and swallowed another gulp of her drink. Brayden pulled the red cup out of her hands, and placed it down, before picking her up with two hands, so she lay across his arms. She threw her arms around his neck and squealed. "Bray, I'm going to faaallll" He blatantly ignored her and carried her up the stairs and to her room. He had to weave through multiple drunk and absurd members of his family, all of them having as much fun as they did annually, the house still alive though it was midnight. He climbed up the stairs, and used Willa's feet to slightly just open the already ajar door. When he walked in, he was surprised to see Aurora on the floor, holding a photo frame in her hand, smiling fondly.

"What are you doing?" he queried, frightening her out of her thought. She quickly put the picture back and stood up, looking embarrassed. Brayden's lips quirked as he walked towards the bed and plonked down his cousin, then glancing at the image she'd been holding. "That's Aunt Tessa and Uncle Dylan" he murmured, pointing the two adults in the picture. "And that's her older brother, Warner"

"I never knew she had a brother" she muttered.

"He's studying abroad. Nice Guy"

"I swear I wasn't snooping. I came up here to get some clothes and I, kinda bumped into that picture and it fell" she slowly trailed off, averting her attention to her now unconscious friend. Brayden smiled at how adorably she blushed.

"It's alright" he rubbed his hands together, contemplating what to do next. Aurora was looking at Willa, and he wandered if he should apologise to her again for what he did at the fundraiser. He also wanted to tell her about the note that had fallen out of his wallet the other day. She glanced back at him and then looked down at the huge and cheesy sweater she was wearing.

"Why would anyone in their right mind own this?" She chuckled, pointing at the cross-eyed Rudolph smudged across the front. The deer looked very ridiculous and caricatured, its red nose shining almost. Yet he had such fond memories of that sweater, as it was he who had purchased it for her.

"I bought that for her as a gift 3 years ago" he admitted, suddenly realising exactly how uncool it had looked. He didn't know whether to be embarrassed or amused by her comment.
Her eyes widened.

"No, sorry, I mean, I love it! It's still quite... Cute. Great, um, choice, seriously" she did that thing where she looked at everything but him, her eyes averting around the room. He'd noticed that this was something she did only when greatly embarrassed.

"It's okay I-" his response was interrupted by a sudden cry of agony from downstairs.

**
I was horribly abashed at that moment, feeling as though I could actually cry. Did I insult him? My thoughts were interrupted abruptly by a massive cry from downstairs. My eyes widened, and Brayden and I made eye contact, both of us looking paled with worry. That voice was clearly Evan's. Without a second thought, Brayden whipped around and raced downstair, me following him. He looked desperate, as though he felt sick with tension. I hoped nothing too bad had happened to Evan, I prayed.

When we arrived at the backyard, we spotted Evan, sitting on the floor, looking utterly devastated. His hands were covering his face and he rocked himself back and forth. Abigail was there, her hands on her son's back, trying to console whatever pain it was that he was experiencing.

"What's wrong with him?" Brayden almost ordered, staring at his brother weeping  on the floor. I gulped.

~~~~~~~
Thoughts?

Evan or Brayden?
What do you guys think happened to Evan?
~~~~
Comment on your favourite part of the chapter!!!
Songs:
Hips Don't Lie - Shakira
Get Ugly - Jason Derulo

TV:
I started 30 Rock, idk if it'll be good or not :/

Movie:
I watched the Huntsman, and it reminded me of when I met Chris Hemsworth for the fiest movie 😍

Thank you for voting and commenting honeys❤️