Question 19 - Part 1

When did you know they were 'the one'?
"Do you think I'm the one?"
"You've put me on the spot, babe. Well...." he seemed the blush, scratching the back of his head.
"Well?"
"You're definitely the one, I hope, otherwise my crazy feelings for you are all deceiving."

~~

I was stunned, glued to the spot, when Brayden smashed his lips onto mine, and my facade completely slipped at that moment. I felt uncomfortable, with foreign lips upon mine, and I didn't understand what I should do. I felt like he'd forced himself upon me, and, hesitating, I put my hands on either side of his face, and kissed him back. My hands were trembling upon his warm face, my eyes clamped shut. I was afraid of what I'd see when I opened them again.

That was momentary, although I felt as though it lingered on for a while. When the warmth was lost, when Brayden released me, I was panting. His eyes scanned me, glinting, and I gulped, quickly looking away. I saw a hint of a frown on his face before I pulled away completely and ducked my head, feeling very warm.

Not the nice kind either - warm in the way tap water is warm in summer. Everyone around us looked at us with such love in their eyes, it made me feel so sick. This is all fake I just wanted to declare, but I tucked my red hair behind my ear and the locked my hands in front of me. A hand enclosed my shoulder, causing me to flinch.

"Is everything alright?" Brayden mumbled into my ear, although to others, it appeared as though he was just holding me from behind.

"I just wasn't expecting that kiss, that's all." I replied frankly, feeling a little better for getting that off my chest. He seemed to stiffen against me.

"I'm going to get myself a drink." I muttered, running inside. Inside, I found it completely serene, and I went to the kitchen to get myself a drink, just a cup of water. Outside, I could hear the boom of more fireworks exploding, but I felt completely content indoors.

After I'd calmed myself, I swivelled around to walk back out, not wanting anyone to wander where I went, and ended up smashing into a chest.

"Sorry." I mumbled, looking up to see Warner. He waved it off dismissively , and smiled at me, before walking passed me and to the lounge room couch. I fiddled with my fingers for a moment, contemplating my next move.

"Umm, you should come to the patio and see the fireworks." I suggested to him, standing in the archway of the lounge room. His attention broke away from the television screen and settled on me. He smiled and nodded.

"I'll think about it," he answered, then looking as though he wanted to say something else. "You're a lucky girl to have a man like Brayden and a midnight kiss." He said, somewhat jokingly, must mostly earnestly . I just nodded and scurried away, knowing that if I stood there a moment longer, I may break.

**

At around 4 am, I was awoken by the sound of a phone room ringing. The obnoxious ringing soured my mood, and for a moment I thought it was my phone, panicking that I'd awoken Brayden in the middle of the night. Glancing over my shoulder, at the other end of the bed, I was surprised to see Brayden being the one who got the call. I frowned through my daze at him.

"I'm so sorry." He mouthed to me as he slid out of bed and into the bathroom, his phone pressed to his ear. I sat up, then, wandering who could've called him at that time.