Question 20 - Part 2

My hand was within the warmth of his, still, as I trailed behind him, up the pathway, towards the dimly lit house. My heart was pounding, to the point where it was overbearing. There was a fire, an urge that wasn't dimming as I stared longingly at the back of Warner's body as he pulled me gently along.

We cobbled up the steps until we were stood at the front door. It was probably close to 2am, I imagined, seeing the cool breeze that weaved through the dark night and embraced us. Neither of us reached out towards the door handle. We just stood there.

"Warner tonight was..." I begun weakly, though the words died as I saw him look up at me. He sniffled a little, probably from the chilli air, and hugged his arms around himself, rubbing for warmth.

"It's alright, it's your birthday tonight." He said. Clearly, he was trying to sound casual, though the breathlessness suggested otherwise. Still, neither of us reached for the handle to open the door. I gulped, looking down at my feet, trying to smother my the blazing heat the churned in my bosom.

"But that was spectacular." I whispered, looking back into his dark eyes, my voice slightly shaking at my retained disbelief. Never did I think I was worth that much attention from an individual. Warner stared at me, and I saw the glint in his eyes as the lamps hanging around the door illuminated his face.

But suddenly he took a step forward. The pace of my heartbeat quickened, and I stood my ground, jittering with excitement.

"You deserve it." He mumbled, now standing close enough that I had to arch my neck to catch a glimpse of his heated face. His stared into my hazel eyes, and then, in a swift motion, that hot gaze danced on my lips.

"Do I?" I murmured back, shuffling the slightest bit closer, so that we were almost touching. A second passed, we were frozen.

Then his hand grabbed me by the waist, and swivelled me around,  and he dipped me as his lips came crashing onto mine. It was all so fast, but I didn't take a second in responding to his desperate lips as my arms tied around his neck and hands got lost in his hair. He moved his lips against me in slick motions, my mouth becoming captured by the taste of his. He had a strong and longing grip on my cheek, as though he needed to taste me. He then straightened me back up, and his hands grasped my shoulder, pushing me towards the side of the house. He pinned me against the wall, his mouth still ferociously savouring mine, and I moaned as he pushed himself against me. I gripped on his hair as he put his hands on the wall behind me, on either side of my head, still kissing me in a way that sparked fires all through me. My hands massaged the back of his neck as I cherished his flavour, his soft lips dancing on mine. I felt so blissful.

And then the coolness of the night, at once, smacked onto my lips, and I was left breathless. Warner pulled away first, with his hands still on either side of head, gazed at me. My hands were still in his soft hair. He quickly straightened up and let my hands fall limp.

"Sorry." He rushed out, and then stormed into the house, leaving me leaning against the side of that house, trying to recover from the best kiss of my life. I was panting as I brought my hands to touch my tingling lips. I stood out there for a few seconds, alone, before finally going back into the house.

Even as I climbed the stares to my bedroom, I was in a sort of daze. In the late night, I cautiously clicked open the bedroom door. There was soft snoring coming from one side of the bed, where Brayden lay, fast asleep. The guilt jolted in me once more, all whilst I was so aware of my tingling lips.