Chapter Thirty-Nine: Carolina's Blessing

“I’ve never seen him so happy,” Carolina murmured sitting down next to Meena while they watched Neymar with Davi, she smiled knowing that her ex-boyfriend had made the right decision.

Meena peeked at Carolina, she wasn’t sure how to feel around the blonde especially since she was now dating Neymar; they had gotten along great before and it felt weird now.

“You’re good for him Meena… don’t let his pai bring you down,” Carolina continued softly, she had never liked Neymar’s father and she knew the feeling was mutual; she only put up with him for Davi’s sake and she knew that it was about time Neymar stepped away from his father.

Neymar Sr. had controlled so much of Neymar’s life until now and Meena was the first thing that Neymar had ever done for himself; it made Carolina happy that he was taking the control back.

Davi squealed as he ran away from his father, they were playing with a ball and Neymar looked so relaxed after the fight yesterday with his father.

“He never liked me when we were dating… he hated me when he found out about Davi,” Carolina whispered so that her son didn’t hear, she didn’t want him to know how bad things had gotten when she first found out that she was pregnant.

Neymar was a wonderful father to their son and Carolina knew that this was something that had irked Neymar Sr. who had thought his son was ruining his life by committing himself to being a father.

Meena sat quietly listening to Carolina, she almost wasn’t surprised by what she was hearing; she could see Neymar’s father doing all of this.

“I like you Meena… Davi likes you,” Carolina said smiling, she looked at the brunette sure that Neymar had actually fond the one; she just hoped he wouldn’t let his father ruin it.

Meena smiled, she was glad that Carolina liked her since she didn’t want to cause more problems for Neymar; she had no idea what would of happened if Carolina hadn’t liked her.

“You have my blessing,” Carolina confirmed getting to her feet and walking away, she knew Meena didn’t want to cause any trouble and she hoped that things would calm down soon for Neymar’s sake.

Meena stared after Carolina, she hadn’t been expecting the other woman to be so okay with this and she guessed that it had something to do with the fact that she hadn’t liked Bruna.

Neymar had often told Meena that Carolina hadn’t liked him leaving Davi alone with his former girlfriend and Meena had agreed because the woman didn’t seem capable of looking after a child.

Meena shook her head, she had no idea what to expect with Neymar Sr. but she wasn’t going to allow it to ruin her Christmas day; she got to her feet and moved towards the kitchen knowing that she couldn’t leave Neymar to do all of the cooking.

Carolina watched her go and smiled, she turned her attention to Neymar knowing that she needed to speak with him; she wanted to make sure he knew what he was doing.

“Caro?” Neymar asked spotting the look on her face, he sat Davi on his lap as he watched her; he had a feeling that he knew where this was going.

Carolina sighed and smiled at him, she was truly happy for Neymar since they had both moved on but she wanted to be sure that he was prepared for what was going to happen.

Rafaella had told her what had happened yesterday and Carolina was worried about the backlash if Neymar Sr. didn’t get his own way; she didn’t want Davi caught up in a family feud.

“You don’t have to worry… I’m sure about this,” Neymar reassured kissing the top of Davi’s head, he didn’t have to ask what Carolina was thinking about and he hoped that his words would reassure her.

Meena was something that Neymar wasn’t going to give up just because his father threw a tantrum and he would look for a new agent before he returned to Barcelona after the holidays; it was for the best.

“I know… I just worry,” Carolina murmured sitting down next to Neymar, she watched him with Davi wanting her son safe; she would stop Neymar from seeing him if that was what it took and she knew the footballer knew it.

Neymar nodded, his son was his first priority and Meena understood that and wouldn’t have it any other way; he just hoped his father would back off.

“I would never let anything happen to him,” Neymar promised, he would protect Davi with his life and he doubted his father would try to hurt the little boy; Nadine would kill him if he hurt their grandson.

Carolina nodded, she never doubted it for a moment but she just wanted to be sure; she looked towards the kitchen, she really did think that Meena could be the one for Neymar.

“I’m happy for you Ney… just be careful,” Carolina said smiling, she could see Neymar settling down and she didn’t want him to be hurt by anyone; she just hoped that Nadine could make Neymar Sr. see sense before he did something stupid.

***

“Today was nice,” Meena mused watching Neymar wash up, she had been a little surprised when he had insisted on doing the dishes; she hadn’t expected him to want to do all of the washing up.

Neymar nodded his head in agreement, he was glad that he had come home to Brazil for the holidays; he had gotten to spend Christmas with his son and everything looked good from there.

Meena had called her parents back in Portugal to wish them a Merry Christmas; she hadn’t been on the phone with her parents for long but Neymar could see things were slowly repairing themselves.

“Come on mister brooding… what’s on your mind?” Meena teased with a smile, she had never known Neymar to be this quiet and she knew that there was something on his mind; she hoped he wasn’t thinking of his fight with his father again.

Neymar snorted and shook his head, he gave Meena a small kiss before he flicked water at her; he couldn’t believe how content he felt.

“Just New Year plans,” Neymar replied moving to dry the dishes, he wanted them to have a special night since he was sure 2014 was going to be a great year for them; he had been doing a lot of thinking and wanted people to know about them.

Meena raised an eyebrow, she watched Neymar while he moved around the kitchen from her place sat on the counter; she had a feeling that it was more to it than that and she hoped he wasn’t planning something ridiculous.

“I was thinking we could reveal we are dating at midnight…” Neymar revealed, he was addicted to his instagram and twitter and it took a lot of restraint not to tell everyone that he had a beautiful and perfect girlfriend.

Meena stared at him wondering if she had heard him right, she wasn’t sure how she felt with his idea and had a feeling it was something to do with what his father had said.

“You want us to go public,” Meena squeaked watching Neymar put down the dish cloth and move to stand between her legs; he nodded his head kissing Meena hoping she’d be okay with that.

“I want everyone to know that I am yours,” Neymar murmured tangling his fingers in Meena’s hair, he didn’t want any more rumours about who he was dating; he wanted the world to know the truth.