Chapter One: The New Job

Standing outside the expensive looking house in Barcelona’s Pedralbes district, a young woman took a deep breath as she moved to press the buzzer wondering if she had the right address.

Meena Lima had been sent there by her boss for a job that had just become available as a full-time nanny for some rich father who would need her to travel back and forth between Barcelona and Brazil.

The brunette had to admit that she had no idea what to expect and she had a feeling that this assignment would change a lot for her.

Meena had opted to where a pale pink lace insert vest and black peg trousers in linen paired with black heeled sandals for her meeting; she wasn’t really sure who she was meeting so the brunette had wanted to look professional.

Meena jumped a little as someone barked at her over the small speaker attached to the buzzer, she swallowed hoping that she hadn’t disturbed whoever was inside.

The last thing that Meena wanted was to have a meeting with someone in a bad mood, it would only make her more nervous than she already was.

“Olá, I have a meeting with a senhorita Santos,” Meena said into the speaker as she looked down at the piece of paper with the address on in her hand, the brunette wished her boss would have come with her since she felt a little lost and completely out of place.

The gate suddenly buzzer and opened making the gate swing open, allowing Meena inside the gated house which had high walls and bushes surrounding it so no one could see in.

Meena blinked as she hurried down the path not wanting to keep the new boss waiting, her blue eyes taking in the beautiful gardens that led up to the front of the house.

The front door to the house opened as Meena hurried up the steps of the porch to reveal a teenage girl waiting for her patiently.

“You must be Meena… it’s nice to meet you,” the girl said as she offered the older woman a small smile and allowed her to step into the house.

Meena blinked a little taken back as she stepped inside, she was now perfectly sure that her boss was some rich man and the girl that had allowed her inside had to be his eldest child or something.

“Mãe the nanny is here,” the girl called knowing that her mother was deal with the situation since her father and brother were out sorting out business.

Meena shouldered her black suede fringe shoulder bag as she stuffed the piece of paper inside knowing that she didn’t need it anymore; she looked at the girl next to her curiously wondering who she would be working for.

The two stood in silence for a moment before the girl led Meena into the living room guessing that her mother would be a few moments.

“I’m Rafaella,” the girl said introducing herself, she flashed Meena a smile as she brushed her fingers through her brown hair knowing that this must all be confusing for her.

The family had done a lot of checks on everyone that could possible take this job and none of them had been informed who they would actually be working for.

“That will be all Rafa,” Nadine Santos said as she walked into the living room dismissing her daughter knowing that until Meena had signed the non-disclosure agreement that they had for her then nothing would be safe.

Rafaella nodded her head as she offered one more smile to the brunette knowing that she would be seeing a lot of her in the near future because it was her nephew that Meena was going to be looking after.

***

“So your average salary a year will be €30,000,” Nadine said as she passed over a couple of things that Meena need to sign for, she watched the young woman hoping that this was the right one for her grandson.

Meena blinked a little surprised as she continued to sign things, her eyes wandering over to the non-disclosure agreement that she had been asked to sign before Nadine would even start speaking to her.

“You’ll have your own room and bathroom here for your own use in both homes,” Nadine continued as she recalled the small bedroom that had been set up for the nanny, it wasn’t much but it had a bed, chairs and a private bathroom for Meena to use.

The rest of the house would be at her disposal anyway when she was working with Davi and within reason, she would be allowed to use everything available.

“You will be issued with an Id card to identify you with and there were be certain perks and bonuses,” Nadine said stiffly as she watched the Meena fill in the last of the forms and documents needed of her, she just hoped that her son knew what he was doing by hiring a nanny.

Meena nodded her head along with what was being said, she still had no idea who she would be working for and she was starting to wonder if there was a reason she was being kept in the dark.

“And I think that is everything,” Nadine said as Meena handed everything back to her neatly, her brown eyes stared at the brunette knowing that she had come highly recommended by someone from the club that her son now played for.

However that didn’t mean for a moment that she trusted Meena, she knew that her son was big news and that was the reason why Meena had been asked to sign the non-disclosure agreement.

***

“So what was the nanny like?” Neymar Sr. asked as he looked at his wife, he had been out with their son while she had been left to deal with the woman who would be taking care of their grandson.

They had done a lot of searching for the right person to look after Davi Lucca after their son’s transfer had been announced to local club Barcelona from his former club Santos.

“She was nice,” Rafaella said as she sat down at the dining table for dinner, her brown eyes glancing at the space where her older brother should have been; she was a little disappointed that he’d gone out to dinner with his girlfriend instead of staying home with them.

Nadine pursed her lips, she hadn’t chosen Meena because she had looked nice, she had chosen the young woman because she came highly recommended and had dealt with famous children before.

“She was fine,” Nadine said simply as she placed her napkin on her lap, she knew Neymar wouldn’t even pay much mind to the woman that was looking after Davi but it didn’t hurt that she had added into the contract that Meena would be dismissed if anything did happen between her and the footballer.

Nadine knew all too well what her twenty-one year old son was like and she wasn’t going to have him caught in the clutches of a gold-digger; she was still furious that Neymar had managed to get his ex-girlfriend pregnant and she didn’t want that happening again.

Carolina Dantas might have been a nice girl but Nadine knew the next one might not be, she wasn’t even fond of her son’s current actress girlfriend.

Nadine had never heard of her before Neymar started dating her and now everywhere she looked she could now see Bruna Marquezine.

Rafaella rolled her eyes as she started to eat, she didn’t care what her parents thought, she really did have a good feeling about Meena Lima and she couldn’t wait to learn more about the new nanny for her nephew.