Chapter Fourteen: Not Welcome

Meena stretched waking up in her room, she yawned curling on her side as she waited for the rest of her to wake up; her room was still dark and she could see from her clock that it was about ten in the morning.

Meena lay silently for a moment before she moved to turn on the lights, she sighed as she stretched her aching body again and smiled as she remembered that she was in Brazil.

Meena peeked at the note that she had been left, she sighed as she carefully moved to get it; whatever Nadine had left for her had to be important.

Meena opened the note and sighed as she saw how short the note was, she wondered briefly what had warranted this waste of paper.

“The main bedrooms are locked, the rest of apartment is yours but no parties,” Meena said reading the note, she turned over the note but that was all that had been written; Meena rolled her eyes as she sat in her room.

Nadine had clearly done her best to make her feel not welcome in the apartment and Meena suddenly couldn’t wait to get back to Barcelona to get away from Neymar’s mother.

Meena carefully climbed out of bed and headed into her bathroom, it had a toilet and sink and that was it; it made Meena wonder how she was meant to wash while she was here for two weeks.

“I can’t wait to go home,” Meena murmured walking out of the bathroom, she decided to get some breakfast; she just hoped that there was some food in.

Meena chewed on her lip as she padded out of her room, she was hoping her trip would get better from here; it was going to be a long two weeks and she hoped that by the end of it that she would know what to do about her strange feelings for Neymar.

***

Neymar sighed running a hand through his hair, he couldn’t believe that it was only the second day without Meena and Davi; he wanted them home and there was still two weeks until that could happen.

Carolina had called and told him that Davi was home and well, it was something but it didn’t make things easier for him; he was so used to having them both home.

“I was thinking that we could go shopping,” Bruna said walking into the kitchen, she looked at her boyfriend; she was growing tired of being ignored and she wished that he would pay some attention to her.

Neymar shook his head, the last thing he wanted to do on his afternoon off was to be dragged around shops for clothes that Bruna didn’t need and would never wear.

“I’m good thanks,” Neymar said making himself some breakfast, he just wanted to relax and maybe sulk about the fact that Davi and Meena.

Bruna huffed staring at her boyfriend, he hadn’t been paying any attention to her and she was growing bored of it; she wanted a boyfriend who was all about her and that was clearly wasn’t Neymar.

“I can’t take this anymore… I’m done,” Bruna said slamming her hands down on the table and glared at Neymar; he jumped confused as he stared at her wondering what was going on and what had brought this on.

Bruna sighed shaking her head, she had thought that she could do this; she had thought that she could win him around and keep him from any other women but it just clear that it just wasn’t worth it.

“I’m breaking up with you Neymar… I’m sick of being the only one working on this relationship,” Bruna said huffing, she watched Neymar as he stared at her surprised about what was happening.

Bruna had known for a while that this was going to end, it had been coming since he had transferred to Barcelona; he barely spoke to her anymore and the last two months had been hard for her.

Bruna was so wrapped up with her on career that she didn’t want to have to keep flying out every time that she felt he was going to cheat on her; she wanted to be happy and one of her co-stars made her that.

“I’ve worked so hard to be with you and you still don’t pay me any attention,” Bruna said blinking as she tried to keep herself calm, she knew she wasn’t the easiest person to get along with but she had never thought that this was how it would end.

Neymar swallowed nodding his head, he had wanted to break up with her; however he hadn’t thought that she would be the one to dump him.

“I want nothing more than to have a boyfriend that will worship the ground I walk on,” Bruna said staring at Neymar, she wanted to be treated like a princess and that certainly wasn’t going to happen when she was dating Neymar and it was time to get rid of the footballer.

Neymar nodded his head, he had tried at the start but Bruna expected too much from him and he couldn’t be what she wanted; he knew that this was for the best.

Bruna watched him for another moment before she turned and walked away to pack her things, she had come here to try but it was clear that it was never going to work.

***

Neymar crossed his arms as Bruna stood by the front door, he felt guilty that this was how things were ending; he had been drawn to another woman and hadn’t made Bruna feel wanted.

“I’m sorry,” Neymar murmured looking at her, he hadn’t meant for this to happen and he did hope that she found happiness; Bruna deserved it even if she was a pain most of the time that they had been together.

Bruna paused to look at Neymar, she stared at him wondering what to say; she knew he had been faithful, he had his son around so much that it wasn’t possible for him to cheat.

However Bruna also knew that he had developed feelings for Meena, she had known from the start and it did hurt but now she just wanted to close this chapter on her life.

“I hope you find what you are looking for Neymar… don’t wait too long to get it,” Bruna said nodding at Neymar, she opened the door and moved to get her bags; she did hope that he would be happy even if he had been a bad boyfriend to her.

Neymar nodded his head, he swallowed as he prepared to say goodbye to his girlfriend of ten months; he couldn’t believe that it was finally over between them.

“And I hope you find someone who treats you better than I did,” Neymar replied following her out the door, her taxi was waiting and she would head straight to the airport.

“I already have,” Bruna said with a smile before she walked away, Neymar watched her go with a small smile on his face; he closed the front door as he tried to think of what he would do now.

Meena wouldn’t be back for two weeks and he was determined to win her around, he didn’t have a girlfriend and he was sure that he stood a chance with her now.

Neymar had two weeks to pull himself together and move on from his break up with Bruna, he wanted to be prepared and he was sure that Meena would have had time to think about things.

Neymar only hoped that it wasn’t going to be a problem, he didn’t want Meena pulling away from him and he was going to woo her when she came back with Davi.

Neymar smiled to himself, he was sure that Meena was the one and he wasn’t going to let her slip through his fingers.