Chapter Eighteen: Be My Girlfriend

Meena forced a smile to her face spotting her parents walking towards her, it was the middle of November and she hadn’t seen them in months.

“Olá,” Meena greeted walking over to them, she had come to meet them at the airport even if they were checking into a hotel for the trip.

Carlos Pinto nodded his head at his eldest daughter while his wife, Gabrielle Lima moved to hug her; he knew how much this meant to Gabrielle especially since they didn’t see Meena all that often.

“How have you been?” Gabrielle asked looking at Meena, she hated that her eldest lived so far away and hardly ever returned to Lisbon; she knew why Meena refused to come home but that didn’t mean that she didn’t miss her daughter.

“I’m good mãe,” Meena reassured her mother, she smiled at her softly while she shifted nervously; her parents knew why she had left Lisbon behind and they were mostly supportive of her decision.

They just disapproved of the fact that she had given up on her education instead settling on a job as a nanny for some rich couple who didn’t spend time with their children.

“Olá Aranea,” Meena said turning to face her younger sister, she was surprised every time that she saw the teenager; she was growing up quickly and she wished she had more time to spend with her.

Aranea nodded her head as she messed with her phone, she didn’t even look at her sister making Gabrielle roll her eyes before smiling at Meena.

“We should get going,” Carlos said checking his watch, he wanted to get checked into the hotel before lunch and he wished to relax before his meeting tomorrow.

Meena nodded her head, she needed to get to work and she was sure Neymar wanted to speak to her before training.

Gabrielle pouted as she realised that her daughter was going to leave, she barely saw Meena and she wished to spend time with her; she wanted to make sure that everything was alright after what had happened.

Gabrielle knew how much Meena had suffered before she had left Lisbon, she seemed so much happier in Barcelona and it hurt Gabrielle that her little girl was all grown up.

“Why don’t we have dinner tomorrow?” Gabrielle said hopefully, she didn’t want to waste her time in Barcelona and she was sure that Meena had the night off.

Carlos opened his mouth to turn down the offer, he sighed spotting the look on his wife’s face; he could see how much this meant to her and he didn’t have the heart to tell her no.

Carlos had never been able to cope with what had happened to Meena, he had buried himself in his company and he found it hard to be around his eldest daughter most of the time.

“Okay,” Meena said warily, she didn’t want to get under her father’s feet; she was sure he’d find some excuse anyway to not spend time with her, she knew that he had never forgiven himself for what had happened to her and it was hard on the family.

“Great… I’ll make reservations,” Carlos said making his wife smile at him, he would do anything for Gabrielle and he knew she’d never let him hear the end of it if he didn’t agree.

Gabrielle clapped her hands excitedly, she couldn’t wait and she was sure that it would be good for her family; she wanted nothing more than to be able to enjoy her time in Barcelona.

Aranea rolled her brown eyes, she hadn’t even wanted to come to Barcelona and now she was being dragged to dinner by her parents with a sister that she hardly ever saw.

“I better get to work… I’ll see you tomorrow,” Meena said peeking at a clock, she didn’t want to be late and she was nervous; she hadn’t told Neymar that her parents were coming to Barcelona.

Meena knew that she was going to have to tell him sooner or later but right now she wished to keep things light between them; she would tell him about her past when she was ready and she was sure he wouldn’t look at her badly for what had happened.

***

Meena took a deep breath as she stepped into Neymar’s house, her parents had arrived that morning and she felt incredibly stressed; she leant against the door for a moment trying to calm herself.

Meena chewed on her lip listening to the silence of the house, she was sure that Davi was watching television in the living room and it gave her another moment to collect herself.

“Meena,” Neymar said thrilled to see the nanny as he stepped out of the living room, he smiled at the brunette who had wormed her way into his arm; he had a new contract for her to sign, one that would allow him to make her his girlfriend.

Meena smiled looking at Neymar, she had found herself growing attached to him and she knew that things were starting to grow a little serious between the two of them.

Neymar signalled for Meena to follow him, he peeked back at Davi who was watching the Wiggles and didn’t even seem to notice that his father had left the room or that Meena had arrived.

Meena followed after Neymar curious about what he wanted, she had only just arrived for work and she hoped that it wasn’t anything serious; she wasn’t in the mood to deal with any difficult problems.

“I have a new contract for you,” Neymar said smiling, he had done it in secret so no one could report back to his mother that he was changing aspects of Meena’s contract.

Neymar wished to ask Meena to be his girlfriend, it had been a week since their first date and he was so sure about what he wanted that no one was going to talk him out of it.

Meena nodded her head, she stared at Neymar as he presented her with the contract so that she could read over it; he had kept it strictly business and he couldn’t wait to shred the other one.

Meena took a moment to read through the contract several times, she nodded her head knowing that Neymar was watching her; she quickly signed it before she handed it back to him.

“Good,” Neymar said smiling, he leant forward and kissed Meena glad that they had dealt with that problem; his mother was still a threat to their new relationship but she couldn’t punish Meena for it.

Meena smiled wrapping her arms around Neymar, she couldn’t believe that she actually got to kiss Neymar like this; she drew him close as she brushed her fingers thought his hair.

“Be mine?” Neymar breathed pulling back from Meena, he eyed the double heart necklace around her neck; he knew what he wanted and he wasn’t about to allow Meena to slip through his fingers.

Meena nodded her head, she smiled at the idea of being Neymar’s girlfriend; she loved the idea and felt a little nervous about this.

Neymar grinned as he pulled a small black box out of the back pocket of his jeans and handed it to Meena; he hadn’t been able to resist when he had seen it the other day.

“Ney… you didn’t have to do this,” Meena said shaking her head, she opened the box to reveal the signature sterling silver bangle, that he had gotten her; she couldn’t believe that he was already spending money on her.

“Of course I did Nia,” Neymar said smiling at his new girlfriend, he might not have been able to show her off to the world but he was sure that he would be happy for now.