Chapter Sixteen: Give Me A Chance

Meena took a deep breath and counted to ten as she stood outside Neymar’s house, she closed her blue eyes trying to remain calm before she moved to stick her keys into the door.

Meena was seriously hoping that Neymar wouldn’t be awake yet, she wasn’t sure how to act around him and she was sure that he would be in a rush to get to training.

Meena stuck her key into the door and carefully turned it, she wasn’t using the front door instead she was using the side entrance in an attempt to avoid Neymar for a little longer.

Meena sighed in relief seeing that no one was about, no one came to her small area and she was sort of relieved about that; she carefully removed her black short padded jacket, closing the door behind her.

Meena quickly entered her small room and set down her jacket and brown colour block pocket tote bag, she ran a hand through her hair; she hated that it was getting cold and was sure she would have to find ways to entertain Davi.

Meena brushed her fingers through her hair, she peeked at herself in the mirror; she was wearing a beige stripe boat-neck jumper and black straight leg jeans paired with tan ruched faux suede ankle boots, in an attempt to be warm.

Meena chewed on her lip for a moment before she left her room and headed for the kitchen to get Davi’s breakfast ready; she was amazed at how quiet the house was.

“Bom dia,” Neymar greeted making Meena jump in surprise, she blinked staring at the footballer as she stood near the door to her small area.

Neymar raised an eyebrow to her, he hadn’t been in that part of the house especially since it was Meena’s private place; it made him wonder what was in there.

“Bom dia,” Meena replied softly, she hadn’t been expecting him to be awake and she wasn’t sure what to say to him; she didn’t want things to be awkward between them even if nothing had happened.

Neymar nodded his head, he had gotten up early because he had known that Meena was coming; he wished to speak to her privately and this was his only chance.

“How was your trip?” Neymar asked nervously, he wasn’t sure how to approach this and he hoped that Meena would say yes to going out with him; he had everything planned and he was a little nervous.

Meena raised an eyebrow at Neymar as she carefully made some cereal for Davi, she didn’t know why he looked so nervous; they were friends even if nothing more could happen.

“It was nice,” Meena said simply, there wasn’t much to report about her trip; she moved to get milk before she would head upstairs to wake Davi.

Neymar nodded his head, he was running out of time and he wanted to do this before his son came downstairs; he wasn’t going to allow this opportunity to slip through his fingers.

“I was wondering if you’d have dinner with me tonight?” Neymar asked hopefully, he took a deep breath glad that he had asked her; he was so nervous and wished that he had a little more experience with this.

Carolina and Bruna had been easy to ask out, however Meena was different and he truly didn’t know how she would react.

“It’s Friday… I eat here anyway because you have training early tomorrow,” Meena said staring at Neymar wondering if he had forgotten that she stayed over most Friday’s to help out; she was always on hand in case Davi needed her.

Neymar blinked as her words for a moment before he chuckled nervously, he had completely forgotten but he was still hopefully; he wasn’t going to let this go without having a chance with Meena.

“I meant just me and you,” Neymar said with a nervous smile, hoping that she understood.

Meena stared at Neymar realising that he was asking her out, she felt her heart sink realising that he liked her just as much as she liked him; she shook her head knowing that she had to say no.

“I’m sorry,” Meena said feeling bad as Neymar’s face fell, she truly didn’t want to say no but it was in her contract that she couldn’t enter a relationship with him; Nadine had done everything to make it clear that Meena wasn’t good enough for her son.

Neymar blinked staring at Meena, he truly hadn’t expected her to say no to him; he had felt the connection between them and he had thought that she would be thrilled.

“It’s not you… it’s my contract, I can’t get involved with you or your mãe will fire me,” Meena explained wanting him to know why she couldn’t, she felt horrible that she had turned him down.

Neymar stared at Meena for a moment, he couldn’t believe that his mother had meddled like that; he didn’t know what Meena’s contract held but he wasn’t going to let it stop him.

“Say yes…” Neymar said moving towards Meena, he was sure that his mother would never find out about them if anything did happen; he’d even have a new contract drawn up if it meant that he would have a chance with her.

Meena opened her mouth to decline when Neymar pulled her flush against his chest, he rested his hands on her hips as he dipped his head down to brush his lips against hers.

“I know you can feel this,” Neymar whispered holding Meena close, he felt the air fill with tension and he was hopeful that it would finally get resolved.

Meena took a shaky breath as she nodded her head, she couldn’t take her blue eyes away from Neymar’s; she had never felt like this in her life and Neymar was the one person who made her feel like this.

“Give me a chance…” Neymar breathed slowly moving to close the gap between them, he wanted to kiss her so badly and he had wanted to for a while now; he ducked down to kiss her only for Davi to call for him.

Meena cleared her throat stepping back from him, she knew that this was the third time that something like this had happened between them; she wasn’t sure what would ever happen to allow them to actually kiss.

Neymar smiled as Davi hurried into the room, he loved his little boy and he knew that he would never trade him for anything.

“Did you sleep well?” Neymar asked moving to cuddle his son, he looked at Meena as she moved to finish making breakfast for Davi; he watched her knowing he would let this go.

Meena took a shaky breath as she peeked back at Neymar and Davi, she was going to have to make a decision; she wished that everything was so much easier.

Meena moved to set Davi’s cereal on the table, she couldn’t bring herself to look at Neymar as her mind raced; she felt confused yet she knew what she wanted to do.

Davi was quickly settled into having his breakfast, Neymar sat beside him for a moment before he looked over at Meena; he was still waiting on an answer, he was hoping that it would be yes.

“I’ll go and sort of Davi’s room,” Meena said softly, she brushed her fingers through her hair wanting to get away for a moment; she was sure Davi wouldn’t have made his bed and there was no way that he had made his bed.

Neymar watched her leave, he sighed a little disappointed that she hadn’t given him a proper answer; he wasn’t going to give up until she said yes to him.

“And Neymar… my answer is yes,” Meena said turning back to Neymar, she smiled at him as he stared at her before she left the room.

Neymar watched her leave, a smile forming on his face as he realised that she had agreed to have dinner with him.

Neymar shook his head wondering how he had gotten so lucky; he was going to treat her better than Rafa had.