Chapter Twenty-Six: Date Night

Neymar frowned up at the building where Meena lived, he had never been there before and he didn’t like the look of the area; he leant back in his car seat as he waited her to come down so that they could go to dinner.

Neymar had managed to slip away from his mother and he was determined to enjoy the evening with his girlfriend, she was going away soon and he wanted to at least have the evening with her.

Neymar didn’t have to wait long before Meena stepped out of the apartment block, she looked beautiful and he couldn’t believe it had been so long since their first date.

Meena hurried over to Neymar’s car as he jumped out to greet her, they hadn’t been on a date like this before and he wished that he could make it perfect.

Meena hugged her boyfriend and pressed a kiss to Neymar’s cheek, she stepped back and smiled at him; she hadn’t known what to think about his insistence to go on this date.

“You look beautiful,” Neymar said admiring his girlfriend, she was wearing a blue woven trim top and high waisted skinny jeans paired with grey wide fit ballet pumps.

Meena blushed a little, they hadn’t been out like this before and she was a little nervous about them being seen together; the last thing that they needed right now was for their pictures to be all over the news.

"Shall we?” Neymar asked wanting to get going, they had a bit of a drive to the restaurant and he was glad that he had managed to ditch his mother for the night.

Meena nodded her head, she had a feeling that Neymar was going to pull out all of the stops to make this special; they rarely had any private time to themselves.

***

“This is nice,” Meena said looking around the restaurant that Neymar had brought her to, she was impressed and she was glad that he hadn’t taken her too some expensive restaurant like Rafa had.

Neymar smiled, he was glad that she liked it and he hoped that this would be a peace date for them alone; he had turned off his phone so that his mother couldn’t disturb them.

Neymar moved to pull out Meena’s chair for her, he moved to take his own seat hoping that no one would recognise him; he didn’t want Meena exposed to his world until she was ready.

“You didn’t have to do all of this Ney,” Meena said smiling, she picked up her menu surprised that they weren’t being stared at since he was a famous footballer.

Meena was very impressed that he had put so much work into their date, it was simple and she didn’t want anything special; this was perfect to her.

“It’s no problem,” Neymar said smiling at her, he picked up his own menu and started to decide what he was going to have; he wanted this to be a great night for them since she went back to Portugal soon and he would be busy with the season.

It would be a while before they got to do anything like this and it was only going to get worse since Nadine seemed to be staying until Christmas.

“I think I will have the chicken pasta,” Meena mused before she set down her menu and watched Neymar while he decided on what he wanted for dinner.

It felt unreal that they were having dinner alone together and it was nice, Meena couldn’t remember the last time that they had been alone like this in the two weeks that they had been dating.

“I’ll have the stew,” Neymar said smiling, he looked at Meena hoping that this would be okay; he wanted nothing more than to have a special night with her.

***

“Obrigada for tonight,” Meena said looking at Neymar, she had enjoyed their date and she was a little sad that it had to end; she brushed some hair from her face as they sat in his car outside her apartment.

Neymar smiled leaning over to kiss Meena, he drew her close wishing that he could spend the evening with her; he had to get home and he hoped that his mother wasn’t waiting up for him.

Meena wrapped her arms around Neymar’s neck, she had a feeling that he had to leave and she was glad that for a couple of hours that she’d had them to herself.

“I have to leave,” Neymar murmured pulling back a little, he brushed his fingers through her hair wishing that there was something that he could do to make this easier.

Meena nodded her head closing the gap between them again, it had been so long since they’d kissed without having to worry about someone finding them; she missed how simple things had been for them before Nadine had arrived.

Neymar drew Meena close, he wrapped his arms around her holding her wondering how they had gotten to this moment; he didn’t like hiding but his mother was never going to accept that he was dating Meena.

“Nia…” Neymar said deepening the kiss, he couldn’t stop kissing her and neither of them were ready for the next step; he tangled his fingers in her curly hair wishing that they didn’t have to part.

Meena carefully pulled away from Neymar and rested her head against, she took a deep breath trying to calm her breathing after their kiss.

“Boa noite,” Meena whispered giving Neymar another kiss, she hated to leave like this but it was getting late and she knew he had to get back home to Davi; he had to think of his son who was at home with Nadine and Gabriella right now.

“Boa noite,” Neymar said grinning, he kissed her wanting to spend just a couple more moments with her before he headed home; he cupped her face as they kissed, it would be days before he could do this again.

Meena wrapped her arms around his neck, she had to head upstairs so that her flat-mates didn’t come downstairs looking for her; she didn’t want to explain to them that she was dating her boss.

Neymar moved to deepen the kiss when there was a knock on the window of his car, he groaned pulling back from Meena wondering who it could be; he doubted anyone cared that he was parked there since it was late and he wasn’t in anyone’s way.

Meena brushed her fingers through her hair and took a deep breath trying to catch her breath, she giggled at the sight of Neymar’s hair which had been messed up by her running her fingers through it.

Neymar turned to see who had knocked on the driver’s side window and stopped when he saw that it was Gabriella; he felt his stomach drop praying that it was just someone who looked like her or he was imagining her.

Meena stared at the Brazilian model as she waved at them, she felt sick realising that if Gabriella ratted them out to Nadine then it was over; she would lose her job and that would be it.

“Olá, I think the three of us need to have a very long talk,” Gabriella said grinning at the couple, she hadn’t meant to stumble across them making out; she had just been scoping out the area to learn a little more about Meena.

Neymar glared at Gabriella, he didn’t know what he would do to shut her up about this but it wouldn’t be cheap; his mother would never approve of him dating Meena and she had brought Gabriella to Barcelona for a reason.

“I have a proposition that could benefit all three of us,” Gabriella said smiling, she had no interest in hurting the couple and she was sure that they would like what she had to say.