Chapter Four: Growing Attached

It had been a week since Meena started working for Neymar and she was surprised just how much she saw of the footballer now that she worked for him.

Meena had thought that she would be mainly dealing with Nadine while she worked as a nanny however she had been surprised when Nadine had returned to Brazil.

Stepping into the house, Meena pocketed her keys and moved to set down her bag as she took a deep breath; she knew that Bruna was hovering around somewhere.

“Meena,” Davi cried excitedly as he toddled over to Meena, he held his arms in the air wanting to be picked up by her.

Neymar followed his son out of the living room and sighed as Meena fuss over Davi, in the week since she had started working for him; the footballer was surprised how attached his son had gotten to the nanny.

“Bom dia,” Neymar greeted softly watching Meena fuss over Davi, he smiled knowing that his son was in the best possible hands.

Meena looked up at him surprised, in the week that she had worked for him, he hadn’t really said anything to her and she didn’t know what to say now.

“Bom dia,” Meena replied lifting Davi up and balanced him on her hip, she was sure that Neymar would have continued to ignore her since she was nothing more than staff.

The two were silent for a moment before Davi pouted as he looked at his father, he knew that Neymar would be heading to work soon; he didn’t really get to see his father a lot.

“I better get ready for training,” Neymar said shifting awkwardly, he hadn’t really spoken to Meena before but he knew his girlfriend didn’t like the nanny in anyway.

***

Meena grinned playing in the back garden with Davi, she lay back on the grass as she rolled a small ball to the twenty-three month old; it was a beautiful day and she refused to spend it inside.

Meena was all too aware that Bruna was watching them from her sun lounger, she was on the small balcony near the swimming pool enjoying the mid-August sun.

Davi clapped his hands excitedly as he toddled over to the ball and rolled it back to her, his brown eyes sparkling with delight as he played with Meena.

Meena sat up and smiled as she rolled the ball back to Davi knowing that they would stop for lunch soon before Neymar was due back from training and he disappeared off with Bruna.

“I can take him for a while,” Bruna said approaching Meena knowing that she wasn’t going to give up on getting Meena sacked; Nadine wasn’t around anymore and the past week had been hard for the actress.

Neymar might not see that Meena was a threat, but Bruna wasn’t stupid; she knew that while the nanny was pretending not to be interested in the footballer.

Meena looked at Bruna who was now walking across the grass towards her and Davi, she shook her head knowing that this was what she was being paid for.

Davi plopped himself down on Meena’s lap as he stared at his father’s girlfriend, he had never spent much time with her but she didn’t seem to like him all that much whenever she was around him.

“It’s fine,” Meena said carefully eyeing the actress, she knew Bruna didn’t like her and she wasn’t going to pretend that her offer was a friendly one; it was an offer to get her into trouble.

Meena had heard Bruna beg Neymar to fire her enough times this week to know that she was threatened by her, she didn’t know why she couldn’t just accept that Meena was here for Davi only.

Bruna pursed her lips before she huffed and walked away, she didn’t even look back as she headed to her sun-lounger; she didn’t know why Neymar couldn’t just hire a male nanny instead of a woman.

“Are you ready for lunch?” Meena asked looking down at Davi, who was in her lap looking up at her curiously; he seemed happy that Meena was his nanny and completely content.

Davi nodded his head smiling up at Meena, she was a lot nicer than Bruna and he wondered why his father hadn’t seen it; he didn’t like the woman that his father was currently dating.

“Do you want a sandwich and some fruit?” Meena offered carefully getting to her feet and picked Davi up, she held him close as she walked inside before it started to get too hot knowing he would get burnt if they stayed outside for too long.

Davi nodded his head as he played with the double heart pendant that lay around her neck, he was carefully set to the floor by Meena as they entered the kitchen.

The little boy stuck close to her side as she headed for the fridge so that she could make them both some lunch.

“Me help,” Davi said hurrying towards the fridge making Meena smile and nod her head, she didn’t mind the little boy helping out as long as he was careful of his fingers.

***

Neymar stepped into his home and was surprised by the silence that filled the house, he still wasn’t used to the fact that his son wasn’t up making a fuss when he returned home from training.

Davi would be taking his afternoon nap right now and Meena would be somewhere around the house waiting for the little boy to wake up.

Neymar swallowed as he looked around, he had something to ask of Meena and he hoped she’d be okay with it.

Neymar wanted his son to come to the next match that he played and the only way that would happen is if Meena brought him; the footballer didn’t really want his son alone with Bruna.

His girlfriend really wasn’t the type to be around children and she didn’t know how to handle Davi since she was never really alone with him and took to ignoring him when he was in the room.

Neymar sighed as he found Meena sat in the living room reading a book, he was glad that it had been easy to find her; he didn’t want to speak to her in front of Bruna.

Bruna was going to be far from pleased that he was going to be asking Meena to attend the match against Levante; it would be the first match of the season for him.

“Meena?” Neymar asked setting down his training bag, he hadn’t really spoken to the brunette about anything but his son so it felt strange to be talking to her now.

Meena looked up from her book and blinked at Neymar, she was surprised that he had even stopped to speak to her instead of going to see Bruna.

The actress was still in the back garden and wasn’t going to come inside anytime soon, she was enjoying the Spanish sun while she could since she had to go back to Brazil soon.

“I was wondering if you would bring Davi to see my match this weekend,” Neymar asked nervously looking at the nanny, he had no idea how she felt about football and he knew that he had to learn more about her.

Meena stared at Neymar a little surprised, she knew that his career was important to him and of course, he would want his son to go and watch him play; she just hadn’t thought he’d ask her to take him.

“Sure,” Meena said nodding her head, she wasn’t really interested in football but she knew the basics and she was sure she could handle watching with Davi for ninety minutes while Neymar played.