Chapter Thirty-Two: Motherly Concern

Meena and Neymar stared at Nadine, they had no idea how long she had been watching them and it was clear that she knew enough about the fact that they had been dating behind her back.

Nadine looked at the couple, she hadn’t meant to reveal her presence to them but after watching them all evening she knew that she couldn’t let her son continue to make himself miserable for her sake.

“Mãe… how long have you been there?” Neymar asked trying to judge how to handle this, he didn’t want to fight with his parents over the fact that he was dating Meena.

Nadine crossed her arms as she looked at her son, she felt like a horrible mother for forcing Neymar to think that he couldn’t talk to her about anything.

“Long enough,” Nadine said making Neymar sigh, he hadn’t wanted his parents to find out like this and he could only imagine the trouble that would happen right now.

Meena sat quietly, she didn’t want any trouble and she didn’t want Neymar to be forced to choose between her and his family; she would happily step aside if there was trouble.

“Why didn’t you tell us?” Nadina asked softly, she was hurt that he hadn’t wanted to tell her that he had a girlfriend and that he was happy; instead he had faked things with Gabriella to try and make her happy.

Meena looked down at her hands as Neymar continued to stare at his mother, she feared what would happen now and she didn’t want to lose her boyfriend.

“You made it pretty clear you didn’t like Meena… you’ve treated her like dirt mãe,” Neymar said watching his mother, she had been far from friendly with Meena since the brunette had become Davi’s nanny and he wasn’t sure what she would do now.

Nadine blinked, she had been cold towards Meena because she hadn’t wanted the brunette to get her claws into her son; she’d had enough of gold-diggers throwing themselves at her son.

Nadine had been sure that Meena was nothing but trouble when she had hired her and that was the reason that she hadn’t given the brunette a chance; she wanted the best for her son.

“I’ll give you both a moment,” Meena said not wanting to stick around, this was a conversation that had to happen between them and she didn’t want to get in the way while Neymar spoke with his mother.

Neymar watched as his girlfriend left the room, he sighed knowing that Meena wouldn’t be far; he needed to speak to his mother and he hoped that she would understand.

“I really like her mãe,” Neymar said turning his attention to his mother, he wanted her to understand that he was happy and he hoped that she could accept that he was dating Meena.

Nadine moved to sit down, she had never thought that she would push her son to keep things from her; it wasn’t what she had wanted and she had only pushed Neymar to date Gabriella but it was good for his career.

Neymar Sr. wanted his son to have the best chances in life, it was why they had pushed for him to join Barcelona and was doing everything to ensure that his son had the best publicity possible.

“You could have told me…” Nadine whispered, she feared telling Neymar Sr. that there son wasn’t really dating Gabriella; the model was great for publicity and giving Neymar the press that he needed.

Neymar sighed moving closer to his mother, he hadn’t meant for things to get this far and he had planned on telling his parents; he just wanted them to warm to the idea first.

“Mãe what is wrong?” Neymar said sensing that something was bothering his mother, he hated to think that she was upset about something and couldn’t tell him.

Nadine stared at her son, she didn’t want to worry him about what would happen when his father found out that he wasn’t really dating Gabriella; it wouldn’t end well since he was determined to further Neymar’s career.

Neymar Sr. had been a footballer would he had been growing up and had nowhere near earned as much as Neymar had; he ran Neymar’s life and everything had to go his way.

“You’ll have to tell your pai,” Nadine said quietly, she hated to think what Neymar Sr. would do when he learnt that Neymar was really dating their grandson’s nanny.

Nadine had already checked and realised that Neymar had changed Meena’s contract so that she couldn’t be fired for dating Neymar; she was impressed but it only caused more issues.

Neymar groaned, his mother knowing that he was dating was one thing but telling his father was another; he doubted that it would end well when he broke the news.

“I want you to be happy Juninho,” Nadina said with a small smile, if Meena made him happy then she wouldn’t stand in the way but she knew that he would have to find a way to tell his father.

Neymar nodded his head, he wished that things could have been easier but he was happy with Meena and she wasn’t like any of his past girlfriends; this was what he wanted more than anything else in the world.

“I know… are you okay with this?” Neymar asked leaning forward, his brown eyes watching his mother wanting to know what she thought of him dating Meena; he wanted everyone to be okay with his decision.

Nadine nodded her head, she didn’t want her son feeling that he couldn’t share things with her; she wanted him happy and she would stand by him no matter what.

***

Meena looked up warily as Neymar wandered into her tiny room, she was curious about how his mother had reacted to them dating; she sat up slowly knowing that this could make or break them.

“It’s okay… she’s accepted us,” Neymar said smiling a little at his girlfriend, he felt like a weight had been taken from his shoulders at least for now; he had yet to call his father to inform him that he was dating Meena.

Neymar sat down on the bed and looked at Meena, he was happy to take things slow with her and he was in no rush to force things to go faster.

“I’ll have to call my pai at some point to let him know that we are dating but that can wait a little while,” Neymar said reaching for Meena, he gently drew his girlfriend close glad that things had gone well between him and his mother.

Nadine wasn’t going to be a problem for the couple and she knew that it would only end badly when Neymar Sr. found out that one of his plans had failed; it wouldn’t be long before Neymar would want to go public with his real girlfriend.

Meena swallowed, she had never met Neymar’s father but from what she had heard about him from Carolina it wasn’t going to be a pleasant meeting.

“It’ll be okay… I want to be with you and nothing my father can do will change that,” Neymar said trying to comfort her, he didn’t want her worrying over nothing; he would deal with his father when he had the change.

Meena took a deep breath, she wrapped her arms around Neymar wishing that there was some easier way around this; she didn’t like it and she wished that they could just be honest.

“I want to start telling people about us Nia,” Neymar said, he didn’t want to spend forever hiding things from people and he wanted to be open about the fact that he was dating the brunette nanny.

Meena closed her blue eyes, she wasn’t sure how she felt about that especially since they had only been dating for three weeks; she didn’t want to put too much pressure on their relationship so soon.