Chapter Eight: Friendly Terms

Neymar frowned listening to Rafa talk about his date with Meena, he couldn’t believe that it had been a good one and he had hoped as wrong as it was that his friend would have messed things up.

Neymar quietly dressed keeping an ear on the story that Rafa was telling people about his date and he couldn’t help but feel jealous about the fact that Rafa had a chance with Meena and he didn’t.

Neymar ran his fingers through his hair trying to ignore the feelings that bubbled inside of him as Rafa continued to talk.

Neymar hadn’t really seen Meena that morning as he had been running late and she’d been busy with Davi; he had hoped to speak to her about her date since it worried him.

Not because he thought that it would affect her work with Davi but because he didn’t want things to become awkward between them.

“So did you take her back to your place?” Isaac Cuenca asked grinning at his friend, everyone was eager to hear just what had happened on his date.

It had been the source of gossip between the footballers since Meena had said yes and Rafa had planned every detail of his date perfectly from picking her up to the restaurant to his place to the bedroom.

Neymar glared over at Rafa knowing that there was no way in hell that Meena would fall for his stupid tactics; she was smarter than that and certainly wasn’t like the women that threw themselves at the team.

“Of course… I wined and dined her then led her straight up to my room,” Rafa said grinning, he knew that he was lying through his teeth about what had actually happened the night before but he was too ashamed to admit that Meena had walked out on their date.

Neymar stopped what he was doing and looked at Rafa, there was no way in hell that Meena had slept with Rafa; she’d been at his place fresh faced and cheerful that morning.

A couple of footballers whistled making Rafa grin as he glanced at Neymar, he swallowed when he saw the dark look on his friend’s face knowing that maybe he had over done it a little.

Rafa looked away trying to ignore the guilt that he felt from his tiny lie, he knew that Meena would find out but he couldn’t lose face with the other players; he would be made a laughing stock.

Neymar grabbed his bag storming out of the locker room unable to listen anymore, he knew that Meena would never have fallen for that and he couldn’t listen to his friend anymore.

A couple of the team looked up confused as the locker room door slammed shut after Neymar had walked out, they whispered softly as Rafa turned back to his own locker determined to pretend that he was okay with what had happened.

***

Meena looked up from her game with Davi hearing the front door slammed shut, she looked up just in time to see Neymar storm up the stairs making her from wondering what had happened at training to make him so upset.

Meena carefully got to her feet as she chewed on her lip, she knew that this wasn’t her problem but she wanted to make sure Neymar was okay since they were sort of friends.

Meena checked that Davi wouldn’t need anything before she left the little boy in his play pen and headed upstairs after Neymar; she brushed some hair from her face as she looked around the upstairs knowing that the only time she usually came up there was when she was looking after Davi.

Meena slowly walked towards the master bedroom, she could hear Neymar inside and he sounded pretty angry about something; she hesitantly knocked on the door knowing that this wasn’t any of her business.

Meena took a deep breath as she slowly pushed the door open and stepped inside, her blue eyes widening at the sight of Neymar’s shirtless body and she squeaked in surprise.

Neymar jumped at the noise that she made and quickly turned around to look at Meena, he eyed her warily as she cleared her throat softly.

“Are you okay?” Meena asked as she tried to ignore her shirtless boss, she knew that it was wrong for her to stare since she knew that he wouldn’t like it since she was just an employee.

“Fine,” Neymar grumbled moving to pull on a clean shirt, he was a little surprised that she had come after him since he knew that Davi was probably still awake and wouldn’t have gone done for his nap let.

Neymar’s thoughts turned back to what Rafa had said and he found himself getting angry again as he wondered if she had slept with his team-mate.

The footballer hated that he was jealous that Rafa was able to date Meena while he couldn’t, Neymar had Bruna and he knew that he couldn’t just dump his girlfriend of eight months.

“Did you sleep with Rafa because that’s what he was telling everyone at training today?” Neymar said bluntly before he could stop himself, he wasn’t sure how he would cope if she had and Rafa had actually been telling the truth; he liked to think that he knew Meena even after only a couple of weeks.

Meena stared at Neymar shocked at his words, she felt furious that Rafa was spreading those kind of lies around the locker room when she hadn’t done anything.

It wasn’t the reputation that Meena wanted and she would certainly be giving him a piece of her mind when she saw him again. Meena knew that it could easily ruin her reputation if something like that got out and she liked being a nanny.

“He told people what?” Meena said as Neymar felt a weight lift from his shoulders, he watched her as he realised that he had been right; she hadn’t slept with his team-mate.

Meena stared at Neymar as he sat down on his bed, she knew that she would never accept a date from anyone like Rafa again.

“How dare he… I walked out on our date since he was a jerk,” Meena said furiously wondering why Rafa thought it was okay to spread things like that; it was damaging and she wasn’t some slut that spread her legs for anyone.

Neymar nodded watching Meena, he could see that she was upset about this and he was sure that there were people in the locker room that knew that she wasn’t like that.

Meena used to babysit several of Neymar’s team-mates children and she had come highly recommended; something that had helped Meena get her job as a nanny.

“You walked out on him?” Neymar said thrilled with the news that the date had gone badly, he knew that he shouldn’t be happy but he liked the idea that she wasn’t interested in his team-mate.

Meena nodded her head as she brushed her fingers through her hair, she still couldn’t believe that Rafa thought saying those things were okay; she looked at Neymar who was watching her with interest and a small smile on his face.

“I’m sorry you had a bad date,” Neymar said continuing to smile, he couldn’t help it especially since it sort of opened the door to him.

Meena nodded as she realised that she had enough on her plate right now, she cursed herself for saying yes to Rafa knowing that if her father found out then she would be in a lot of trouble.

“It’s okay… he wasn’t really my type,” Meena said smiling as Neymar looked at her, he hoped that he was her type.