Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Letter

Nadine was thrilled when Neymar and Gabriella announced that they were dating, and she hadn’t been able to resist rubbing it in Meena’s face whenever she saw the nanny even if Davi was with her.

Meena sighed running her fingers through her hair as she walked up the path towards the house, she was getting used to the fact that her boyfriend was ‘dating’ Gabriella.

It wasn’t going to be easy but she was glad that Gabriella was helping them keep things quiet from Nadine; it would only end in disaster if she were to discover that Neymar was dating Meena.

Meena walked up the steps to the front door, Neymar would be home since he didn’t have training until that afternoon so she would get to spend a little time with him before he left.

Just as Meena was about to open the front door, Nadine ripped it open and glared at her; she pursed her lips glaring at Meena angrily.

“Would you like to explain this?” Nadine demanded waving a letter around in the air, she wanted answers and Meena was going to give her them; she couldn’t believe that Meena had the cheek to have letters delivered to her son’s home.

“It’s a letter, they usually get delivered by a postman or woman,” Meena said wondering why Nadine was looking at her like she run over her cat, she didn’t see why she was being confronted about a letter that had nothing to do with her.

Nadine pursed her lips, she didn’t like the fact that Meena was trying to be funny; she wanted to know why Meena was having letter delivered here.

“I know what it is… I want to know why it’s addressed to you,” Nadine said shoving the letter into Meena’s hands, she had demanded answers from Neymar and he hadn’t been able to tell her anything.

Meena held the letter in her hands and looked down at it, sure enough there was her name and Neymar’s address on the envelope; she didn’t know who would be writing to her at this address.

“I don’t know…” Meena said turning it over, she didn’t recognise the return address on the back as she stepped into the home; it tugged on her memory but she wasn’t sure why.

Nadine frowned ignoring Neymar as he appeared with Davi, he had told her to leave it alone but she wasn’t going to let Meena think that she was getting her feet under the table.

“Mãe I told you to leave it,” Neymar said shaking his head, he peeked at Meena curiously wondering what the letter was; his mother hadn’t put it down since it had arrived so he couldn’t check for himself.

Meena slowly opened the letter wondering why someone would send a letter to her here, she worked for Neymar and no one else knew that they were dating.

“Just don’t let it happen again,” Nadine snapped before she stalked away, she was just happy that Neymar now had Gabriella to distract him from the nanny.

Neymar sighed and shook his head watching his mother, he didn’t know when he would be able to tell her that he was actually dating Meena instead of Gabriella.

Meena dropped the letter and backed away from it, she clapped a hand over her mouth and stared at it in horror; she didn’t want to know how they had managed to find out where she was.

“Meena?” Davi asked a little frightened at the look on his nanny’s face, she looked so scared and he didn’t like it; he tugged on his father’s hair turning his attention back to Meena.

Neymar stared at his girlfriend concerned before he put Davi down, he moved to check that she was alright while Davi toddled over to the letter that Meena had dropped.

“Meena… what’s wrong?” Neymar asked reaching for his girlfriend, he didn’t like the look on her face and he wished to take it away; he peeked at Gabriella who had paused before she hurried to distract Nadine for them.

Meena shook her head, tears starting to streak across her cheeks as she closed her eyes; she didn’t want to believe that this was happening to her.

“Meena por favor,” Neymar said trying to calm Meena down, she was breathing heavily and looked like she was on the verge of a panic attack; he didn’t know what had brought this on but he could see it had something to do with the letter.

Davi pouted to staring at the letter that he had in his hands, his scrunched up his face while he tried to read the letter that had upset Meena.

“Papa, what is a vi…sit…ation reqwst?” Davi asked turning to look at Neymar who was trying to calm Meena down, he stared up with innocent eyes as Neymar paused and looked down at his son.

Neymar’s mind tried to figure out what his son was talking about, he mouthed the words before he realised what Davi was trying to say.

Neymar carefully took the letter from Davi and slowly read it, he felt anger pulse through him as he realised why Meena was so upset; the letter was from Lisbon Prison and they had sent her a request from Miguel who wanted to see her.

Neymar couldn’t believe that they had thought that Meena would want to see the man that had raped her, assaulted her and murdered her daughter; he also didn’t know how they had found out where she was.

Meena felt sick as her hands continued to shake, she watched Neymar ball the letter into a ball; she didn’t know how they had found out that she was in Barcelona since only her parents knew where she was and they wouldn’t have told anyone.

***

Neymar handed Meena a cup of coffee, he stared at her concerned knowing that this couldn’t be easy for her; he hated that Miguel could do this to her and he wasn’t even in the same country as her.

“Are you okay?” Neymar asked sitting down next to her, he had stuck a DVD on for Davi and Gabriella had dragged Nadine out of the house to give them some privacy.

Meena nodded her head, she stared down at the coffee in her hands and tried to calm herself down; she had never expected Miguel to find out that she was in Barcelona and it scared her.

“I’ll fine a way to make sure that he doesn’t send anymore,” Neymar promised, he wanted to protect her and he knew that Miguel wouldn’t give up if he wanted Meena to visit him.

Meena closed her eyes, this wasn’t the first time that Miguel had sent her letters like this but it was the first to reach her in Barcelona.

Meena took a deep breath before she looked at Neymar, she didn’t know what she would have done if he hadn’t been by her side; she just didn’t understand how Miguel had managed to get a letter sent to her at the house.

“Obrigada,” Meena whispered allowing Neymar to wrap his arm around her and hold her close, she was glad that he hadn’t left her alone.

Neymar nodded his head, he pressed a kiss to the top of Meena’s head; he only wished that he could do more for her, he didn’t want her being scared when she was at his home.

Meena cuddled into Neymar’s side, she wished that there was something that they could do to make this all go away; she rested her head on his shoulder glad that they were alone.

“I swear to you Nia… he’ll never lay a hand on you again,” Neymar promised her, he didn’t like the fact that Miguel had knew that she was around his house; the man was dangerous and he feared for his son and Meena.

He would never forgive himself if something happened to either of them.