Chapter Six: Happy Birthday Davi

“Meena,” Davi squealed happily as Meena stepped into the house, it was his second birthday and the little boy was excited about the party that Neymar was throwing for him.

Meena smiled ducking down and hugging the little boy, she had found herself completely at ease with her job and it had only been two weeks since she had started working for Neymar.

“Mama this is Meena,” Davi said pleased pulling away from Meena and smiled up at his mother, Carolina Dantas had flown in especially for her son’s birthday that morning and had heard a lot about the nanny that Nadine had hired for her son.

Carolina had been a little resistant to the idea of someone else looking after her son, especially since Neymar was a rising star but from what she had heard Meena hadn’t tried anything with her ex-boyfriend.

“It’s nice to meet you… you have a wonderful little boy,” Meena said politely smiling at Carolina knowing that she would be seeing a lot of her when she travelled back and forth from Brazil with Davi as part of custody agreement that the two parents had.

Carolina nodded her head knowing that she could see herself coming great friends with Meena, she was here to stay for a while and Carolina knew that Davi really liked her.

“It’s nice to meet you too,” Carolina replied as Bruna walked past them, she huffed annoyed before she went to find Neymar.

The actress had put off leaving for another day when she had heard that Meena would be at Davi’s birthday party; she still didn’t trust Meena even if Rafa Alcântara was interested in her.

Davi smiled looking up at his nanny, he was pleased that she had been able to come since he liked having her around.

***

Neymar frowned when Meena’s phone beeped signalling that she had a message, he glanced at her while she checked her mobile; he felt jealous fill him when he saw her smile at whatever was written.

“So you and Rafa?” Neymar said looking down at his drink, he wasn’t sure why this bothered him so much since he had Bruna; he didn’t even know Meena that well but he felt jealous that his team-mate was talking with her.

Meena looked up from her phone and tilted her head, she wasn’t sure where Neymar was going with this but it sort of set her oddly on edge.

“We’re just friends,” Meena said shrugging, her blue eyes watching him knowing that she only worked for him and nothing else.

Neymar swallowed trying to ignore the feeling that he couldn’t describe within him, Meena was just his son’s nanny and he didn’t like the fact that he was slowly growing attached to her.

“He asked me on a date,” Meena mused with a small smile, she hadn’t dated in a while and Rafa was such a sweetheart; she liked him and she hoped that it would work out.

Neymar clenched his fist and frowned at the thought of Meena going out with his team-mate, it wasn’t any of his business but he didn’t like the idea of her dating.

“Are you going to go?” Neymar asked looking at Meena, he wasn’t used to feeling like this and he felt jealous that Rafa got to be the one that dated her; even when he was dating Bruna himself.

Meena blinked looking at Neymar and nodded her head, she didn’t see why she should say no when she was single and it wasn’t as if it was against the rules for her to date anyone.

“I am,” Meena said glancing over at Davi who was excitedly opening presents with his mother, she smiled softly hoping that one day she would have a little boy as adorable as him.

Neymar looked over at his son, he loved the little boy and while he had been scared at becoming a father at the age of nineteen; he wouldn’t change anything for the world and he was happy that he had Davi in his life.

Neymar just nodded his head before he walked away, he didn’t like the idea of Meena getting involved with Rafa; it rubbed him up the wrong way.

Heading over to his son, Neymar picked him up and sat him on his lap knowing that he needed to forget about Meena; she was just the nanny to his son and he had a girlfriend.

Bruna sat down next to Neymar and kissed him, she had seen the look of jealously on her boyfriend’s face when Meena had mentioned that she had a date with Rafa and she didn’t like it.

Neymar pulled back from her and frowned, he didn’t feel anything when he kissed his girlfriend and he knew that he was in a lot of trouble right now.

Bruna wouldn’t walk away easily if she thought for a moment that there was any doubts in his mind; Neymar just hoped that when she returned to Brazil to film he could sort his head out.

Carolina watched her ex-boyfriend, she could see that he liked Meena and she hoped that he knew what he was doing because Bruna wasn’t going to take that lying down.

***

Carolina sipped on her drink as she sat in the garden, she fanned herself a little watching her son play football with his father; a small smile lay on her lips as she thought about everything.

“Davi why don’t you go and show your avó your ball?” Carolina said pushing herself up and smiled at her son, she needed to speak to Neymar about what she had witness that day and she knew that she just wanted him to be happy.

Bruna clearly wasn’t doing that and Carolina knew that the distance would only drive the actress to become more possessive over Neymar and who he was around; it made Carolina worry about Meena’s job.

Davi collected his ball and hurried inside to do as his mother said as Neymar swallowed and looked at his ex-girlfriend, he wasn’t quite sure what she would say to him.

Carolina crossed her arms as she watched Neymar for a moment, her brown eyes filled with emotion as she sighed knowing that their two year old wouldn’t be gone long.

“You like Meena,” Carolina said continuing to watch Neymar closely as he came to sit next to her, she knew he wasn’t going to have this easy especially with Bruna still in the picture.

Neymar stopped and looked at his ex-girlfriend, he knew that she didn’t like Bruna and he wondered where she was going with this.

“I don’t mean as an employer or a friend Ney… you really like her,” Carolina said glancing up at the house to make sure Davi wasn’t coming back and that Bruna wasn’t in hearing range.

Carolina would rather see Meena as her son’s step-mother than the actress and she knew that Neymar just needed a push in the right direction.

“Don’t let her slip through your fingers… you deserve better than Bruna,” Carolina said putting a hand on her shoulder, she gave it a squeeze as she offered him a small smile before she walked away leaving Neymar alone.

Neymar watched her go as her words rang in his ears, he swallowed knowing that she was right but he didn’t know if Meena felt the same way.

Neymar groaned brushing his fingers through his hair knowing that there was only one way he would find out.