Chapter Twenty: The Training Session

“I’m so sorry I’m late,” Meena said stepping into Neymar’s house and found him waiting for her, she hadn’t meant to be late and she cursed Aranea for making her so. 

Aranea had done everything in her power to slow Meena down and was making things difficult since she didn’t want to be here. 

Neymar nodded his head with a small smile, Meena had called to tell him that her sister would be joining her and he was curious about what Aranea would be like. 

“Neymar this is my sister, Aranea,” Meena said introducing her boyfriend to her sister, she hadn’t told anyone that they were dating and she knew that they wouldn’t be telling anyone yet. 

Neymar smiled as he looked at Aranea who seemed far from pleased that she was in his home, he peeked at Meena who shrugged her shoulders; this wasn’t how to speak to the teenager. 

“Olá,” Neymar greeted while Meena moved to make sure that Davi was ready to go, he smiled a little sure that Aranea wasn’t as scary as she looked. 

Aranea wrinkled her nose as she glared at Neymar, she was still angry that she had been forced to come to work with her annoying older sister instead of being able to relax back at the hotel. 

Neymar frowned watching Aranea as she ignored his greeting and started to mess with her phone; he had thought that she’d be more like Meena. 

“Are you ready?” Meena said shouldering her bag with Davi holding her hand, she didn’t wish to make Neymar late and she knew that no one would understand if they were.

Aranea walked out of the house and left the couple behind, she was sure that the day was going to be boring; she was going to do her best to make it clear that she wasn’t interested. 

Neymar nodded his head, he had a feeling that this was going to be a long day, Aranea was certainly going to make things difficult.

***

“How’s school?” Meena asked looking at her sister as she sat Davi on her knee, she didn’t know what else to say to her younger sister and with Neymar training they were going to be here for a while. 

Aranea ignored her sister as she continued to mess with her phone, she didn’t want to be all friendly with the person that had left her behind and cut her out of her life. 

Meena sighed knowing that Aranea didn’t understand what had happened, she didn’t want her sister to know about what had driven her from Lisbon; it was something that Aranea didn’t need to know. 

“Ara… I know that we haven’t been close but you can still speak to me,” Meena said trying to clear the air between them, she didn’t want to fight with Aranea and she wished that they were close again. 

Aranea scoffed getting to her feet, she walked away from Meena and sat down; she didn’t want to listen to Meena’s pitiful words, she was fifteen now and not stupid. 

Meena sighed and shook her head, her blue eyes watching Aranea for a moment before she turned her attention back to Davi. 

Meena didn’t know what to do when it came to Aranea and she hoped that things would one say get better between them; she didn’t want to spend her life fighting with Aranea. 

Davi pouted as Meena moved him, he looked up at her curiously as she flashed him a smile; it was a little chilly and Meena was glad that she had insisted that Davi put on his coat. 

“What’s for lunch?” Davi asked making Meena smile down at him, she had a feeling that Neymar would take them for lunch once he had done with training. 

“I don’t know… what do you want?” Meena asked brushing her fingers through Davi’s hair, she took a deep breath as she heard the training session continue; it had been going on for a while now. 

Davi pouted as he looked at Meena, he thought for a moment about what he wanted for lunch; his brown eyes looked back at his father as Neymar continued to train with the team. 

“I want pizza,” Davi decided making Meena smile and nod her head, she took a deep breath knowing that she would need to talk to Neymar about time off next month; she needed to go back to Lisbon for a few days. 

Meena knew that she was going to have to tell Neymar what had caused her to leave Lisbon behind, it wasn’t an easy conversation and she hoped that he would understand. 

Davi looked up at Meena, he could sense that she was sad and he wondered why; he carefully turned around on her lap and hugged her. 

“Don’t be sad Nia,” Davi whispered cuddling his nanny, Meena swallowed looking down at him; she truly didn’t understand how Davi knew that she was sad. 

Meena took a calming breath holding Davi close, she wasn’t going to allow her own personal problems get in the way of her job; Meena could focus on her own problems later on.

***

“Papa pizza,” Davi called as Neymar walked over to them, he smiled at his father who moved to take him from Meena; he peeked at Meena who only offered him a small smile as she got to her feet. 

The training session had ended and it was time to leave, Meena looked over at Aranea who was flirting with a couple of the younger youth teamers that had just arrived for their own training. 

“Ara… we are leaving,” Meena called knowing that she didn’t like the looks on the young footballers’ faces, she didn’t trust them around her younger sister. 

Neymar peeked over at Aranea, he was curious about what had happened between her and Meena to make them this distant; he was so close with his own sister that this was weird for him. 

Aranea glared over at Meena, she couldn’t believe that Meena was interrupting them; she was being invited to some cool party and she wasn’t going to miss it. 

“I’ll see you both there,” Aranea said flirting before she walked away, she hadn’t told them that she was only fifteen and she doubted that it mattered since she was going to this exclusive party. 

Meena frowned at the look on her sister’s face, she had a bad feeling and she didn’t know what it was; she hoped that the footballers weren’t going to take advantage of her sister. 

“So where are we going for lunch?” Neymar asked while Aranea joined them, she smirked a little as she saved the details of the party into her phone. 

“Pizza,” Davi said making Neymar chuckle, he wasn’t even surprised since it was Davi’s favourite food, he looked at Aranea who looked completely bored with the conversation and like she didn’t want to be there. 

Meena sighed, she was sort of glad that she could drop Aranea back at their parents’ hotel now; she just didn’t know how to speak to her sister like she used to. 

“I’ll see you later… I have to drop Ara back off,” Meena said looking at her sister, who was still messing with her phone as if it was the most important thing in the world. 

Neymar frowned a little, he knew that Meena would have to take the bus which would mean that she would miss lunch; he wanted to enjoy some time with her.

“I can drop her off… that why you can still have lunch,” Neymar said softly, Meena was his girlfriend and he liked doing things that made her life easier for her; he was serious about things with her.