Chapter 40

TAYLOR'S POV

"Yes Kelley!" We all scream as she cleared the ball from Sinclair. The score is equal and there is only a minute left in extra time. The ball was kicked up field and landed at the feet of Amy. She traps the ball and start to make her way to the goal box. Christen is making a run and Rodriquez looks up, passing it to Press. Franch comes off her line, diving for the ball. Chris chips it over her, but gets knocked down to the ground by Adrianna.

Christen push herself up onto her knees watching the ball and falls back down on her back, throwing her fist in the air when the ball hits the back of the net. We all jump up and celebrate. The whistle is blown and the match is over with Utah advancing to the semi's. The girls on the bench make their way towards Chris while the staff high five each other. The medical staff of both teams head onto the field. Portland's to check on Franch and Utah's to check on Chris.

I walk over with them and crouch down next to her. "You okay Chris?" I ask with a chuckle as I see her smiling. "Yeah, I just got winded," She says and I nod with a sigh of relief. The medical staff do some check ups just to be sure nothing is seriously wrong. "Well done Press, what a fucking goal," I say as I help her up. We chuckle and some of her team mates surround her again. Making my way out of the circle of players I look for Kelley. I spot her talking with some of the national team players from Portland.

"You all played excellent," I say as I stand next to Kelley. "Taytertot is here," Sonnet says and we all burst out laughing. "What? I think it's a cool nickname," She says and I smile. "Whatever floats your boat Sonnet." I say with a chuckle. "Oh you like it, don't lie. Lying is very bad," Emily says slinging her arm over my shoulders. "It does have a nice ring to it," I say and we chuckle.

"I'll be right back," Kelley says and jogs over to the bench. "Where is she going?" Lindsey asks. I see my girlfriend disappear behind the bench only to reappear with my niece in her arms. Kelley holds her hand as they jog over to us. "Guys meet Waverly, my niece." I introduce them. "That is a very pretty name. I'm Emily and this is Lindsey." Sonnet says crouching down to her level. "It nice to meet you and I kind of already know who you are," Waverly says shyly. "She loves soccer. Especially the U.S. Women's Team." I say and look down to her smiling. "That's so cool. What position do you play?" Lindsey asks. "I'm a defender like Kelley." She says proudly. "Who is your favourite player?" Emily asks.

"Kelley is," Waverly says and Sonnet brings her hand up to her heart. "Right in the heart kid, right in the heart. I can't believe you're her favourite," Emily says. "Don't be so dramatic." Kelley says and we chuckle while Emily sticks out her tongue. "Hey Waverly do you want to kick around a ball?" My girlfriend asks and Waverly's eyes light up. "What are we waiting for?" She says and we all laugh at my niece.

"Well goodbye for now guys." I say and hug them both. "Bye Taylor," Lindsey says. "Bye taytortot," Emily says and I giggle. "Take care."

"You too," Lindsey says and they walk away. I head towards the bench to get all my stuff. Once I collected everything I walk to the locker room to put it away.

I walk back out to the field to see Kelley and Waverly lying next to each other with a soccer ball between them. I smile to myself and take a quick picture of them. "What are you guys talking about?" I ask as I lie down next to my niece. "Just soccer stuff." My girlfriend says and Waverly nods her head. "C'mon rugrat, let's get you back to your parents." I say and get up. "Okay," She says, standing up. The three of us walk back to my brother with Waverly walking in the middle holding both of our hands.

"Hey my little nugget." Sara says as we help my niece over the railing. "Mommy, I got to meet Emily Sonnet and Lindsey Horan!" She says in excitement. "That's so cool," Sara says kissing her daughter on the head. "Oh, I have something for you," Kelley says and holds out her Utah jersey. "The whole team signed it for you," Kelley says and holds out the jersey. "Thank you so much," She says and wrap her little arms around Kelley's neck. "It's a pleasure and who knows, maybe in a few years you'll be on the field playing for the team," Kelley says and a smile breaks out on my face.

Damn, now I want kids.

"Unfortunately we have to go, but thank you guys for everything." My brother says. "It was no problem and it was so nice to see you again," I say and bring him in for a hug. "You too sis, we'll see each other soon." He says. I hug Sara and Waverly goodbye and watch them leave.

"If I remember correctly, you promised me some sexy time," Kelley whispers in my ear, pulling me closer to her. "Then what are we still doing here?" I ask with a smile. She leans in for a quick kiss and I giggle. We walk to the locker room for Kelley to change and get all her stuff and I swear I have never seen Kelley finish so quickly. "Let's go," She says pulling me by my hand. I giggle and let her practically drag me to the car.

With a giggle and a look of amusement we make our way back home and lucky for us Chris isn't going to be back for a few hours.

*********************************

UNEDITED

HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY!

STAY SAFE AND STAY AWESOME