Chapter 35

TAYLOR'S POV

I was currently walking to Craig's office to talk about me leaving with Mallory. "Hey can I come in?" I ask knocking on the open door. "Yeah come in Taylor," He says and motions for me to take a seat.

"I'm assuming you are here to discuss you going back to LA." I nod and give a small smile. "Yes, I know I just started this job and I'm thankful that I got it, but I need to go with her. I know how it feels to have a loved one going through this and sometimes you need someone that's not family. I really hope you understand. This is just something I feel like I need to do." I say and fidget with my fingers.

"Alright. I understand, I admire you doing this for Mallory and she is lucky to have you with her. I'm sure that we will find a new trainer for the team. When do you leave?"

"Tomorrow. I know this is on such short notice," I apologise. "It's alright, I'm assuming you'll be here for training?" He asks and I nod my head. "Yes, I'll tell the team too," I say and he nods. "Could you maybe just please keep this quiet? I'll tell the girls it's a personal matter,"

"Of course. Goodluck Taylor, I really hope everything works out," He says, standing up and extending his hand for me to shake. "Thank you Craig, I really appreciate it," He nods and I walk out of his office towards the training room.

I was sorting out the tape when I hear him telling the girls to head out for warm ups. I walk out the room to follow them to the field. Craig asked them to huddle up first before starting, "Ladies if you would please give a moment, Taylor would like to announce something," He says and I see Kelley nodding her head.

"Alright ladies, unfortunately a personal matter occurred and I have to go back to LA, but I want to say thank you for welcoming me to the team and although I've only been with you guys for a game and a few trainings, I really enjoyed being apart of this soccer family. So today will be my last day with you guys and if everything works out the way we hope I could maybe come back," I say and nod towards Craig indicating that I'm finished.

"Alright so if there is nothing else please start to warm up," He says and claps his hands. They all scatter in different directions and some of the staff comes over to talk to me.

****************************

Three hours later and training is finally finished. We all pack up the equipment when the team huddles around us.

"Taylor we really hope everything works out and well we want to thank you for looking after us in such a short amount of time and I'm sure everyone will agree with me when I say that we will miss you," Amy says and I smile at the team. "Now!" I hear her shout and feel something being throwed over me. Water. I yelp at the cold and quickly join in on the laughter. "A little farewell gift from us," Christen says and I laugh.

"I'm sure as hell I'm not going to miss the pranks you guys pull," I say and yet again laughter breaks out among us.

After that we all went our separate ways and I meet up with Kelley and Christen at the car. "You ready?" Kelley asks as she pecks my lips. "Yeah, lets go," I say and get in the car.

We listen to music on the way back home and I sent a quick text to Mallory,

Hey Mally, I'll see you soon xx

"What time does your plane leave?" Christen asks as she parks in her driveway. "Uh it leaves at 10 tomorrow morning," I say as we walk into her house. "Can I go and drop you guys off? I'm guessing Kelley is going along," She says. "I'd like that," I reply.

"I'm going to shower," Pressy says and walks to her room.

"Hey, how are you feeling about all this?" My girlfriends asks, wrapping her arms around my waist. "To be honest, I don't really know. I hate to see someone go through this and Mal is so young. I mean I wasn't even that young when I lost my old man, but a girl needs her mom. My heart just breaks for them, for all the people going through this, whether you're the victim or not," I say and wrap my arms around her.

"You have a heart of gold Taylor. I'm here if you need anything okay? I know you will go out of your way to help others, but you tend to forget about yourself sometimes, so please if there is anything bothering you please tell me," I look at her and peck her lips. "I will, I promise," I smile and rest my head against her shoulder. "Where is Scooby going to stay? Is he going with you or is he staying?"

"I think I'm going to take him with me. He sure helped to comfort me," I say and pull away from her hold. "Okay, c'mon I'll help you pack," She says and turn around. "Jump on," I chuckle at her and jump on her back.

She carries me to the room and sets me down gently before giving me a kiss on the nose. "You missed," I say with a giggle. She leans in again, but kiss my forehead. "Nope, that's not it," She giggles and wrap her arms around my waist, pulling me closer to her. I smile as our lips connect and I drape my arms over her shoulders. She pulls away a bit and I see her grinning, "Did I get it?" She asks and I shake my head. "I don't remember, maybe you should kiss me again," I say and she leans in again.

I feel her smiling into the kiss. "Yeah you got I it," I say pulling away from the kiss. She giggles, giving me a quick peck before helping me pack.

I walk over to the bed and grab my phone seeing a message from Mal,

Kiddo: See you soon xx

I smile and put away the phone getting my clothes and packing them in my suitcase. Kelley went into the bathroom and I quickly ran over to the closet stealing one of her shirts and a sweater and quickly hide it under the rest of my clothes.

She comes out of the bathroom and walk over to me. She wrapped her arms around my waist, picking me up and falling onto the bed. I giggled and blew the strands of hair out of my face, "I'm going to miss you," She mumbles into my neck. "Yeah, me too lief," I say and run my fingers through her hair. "And I'm definitely going to miss your cuddles and kisses," She looks up to me and I smile at her.

"You're absolutely gorgeous," I say rubbing my thumb up and down her cheek. She gives me a smile and I peck her lips. "You should see my girlfriend, she is breath taking. In fact she is the most beautiful woman I have ever laid my eyes on," My girlfriend says and I feel myself starting to blush. "I love you," I say and I sure as hell know I'm smiling like a love struck idiot. "I love you too," She leans in, capturing my lips in hers.