Chapter 23

TAYLOR'S POV

"It's new years eve bitches!!" Kelley yelled to a bunch of other people on a boat a little bit further than us while holding her beer up towards them. We've been out on the boat the whole day and it's safe to say we're all a little buzzed. My mom decided to spend new years with some of her friends so it's just me, Kelley, Evan and one of her 'friends', if I can remember correctly her name is Carla. They claim to be just friends but I don't buy it.

It's around two in the afternoon and we are about to go wakeboarding. It's Kelley's first time wakeboarding so this should turn out pretty funny. "Alright lief, are you ready?" I asked as I strapped her feet to the board. "Uhh I think so," She replied. "You should be fine Kel, you already surf so this shouldn't be too hard. It's basically going to be the same, only difference is you'll be holding onto a rope and your feet are strapped to the board," I said as she got in the water. "Alright just remember to lean back a bit and don't pull your arms toward your chest." I said as I leaned down to give her a kiss.

"Okay got it," She said with a grin on her face. "Are you ready?!" Evan yelled. "Yeah!" Evan drove and I looked back towards Kelley. She wasn't holding tight enough onto the handle, so it ripped out of her hands. I burst out laughing and told Evan to stop the boat. "You might want to hold on tighter than that Kel!" I yelled. "No kidding!" She yelled. We circled back around her and once we were close enough I threw the rope back to Kelley.

"You ready?!" I yelled. She threw a thumbs up and I told Evan to go. Evan sped up a little and Kelley got the hang of it. Just as the board was fully out of the water I noticed that Kel is putting more weight on her front foot. "Kel don't..." Just as I began yelling at her, the front of board dipped and she went flying into the water. "Put to much weight on the front.." I trailed off. We circled back once again and came to a stop when we reached Kelley. "I think I might've put to much weight on the front," She said and we started to laugh a little. "Yeah that might be it," I said as she swam and sat herself on the step on the back of the boat. I leaned down and gave her a peck.

"Ready for round three?" I asked as I held out the handle of the rope. "Hell yeah! I'm ready to kick wakeboarding's ass!" She yelled and pumped her fist in the air. "Okay get back in there," I said as she took the handle from me. "I'm ready!" She yelled and Evan drove. This time Kelley held tight enough to the handle and she didn't put too much weight on the front.

"Yeah!! Suck that wakeboarding!" She yelled in excitement and threw her arms in the air, letting go of the handle. She sank back into the water and we came to a stop next to her. "You did it," I said as I helped her back onto the boat. "You bet I did," She said with a huge grin on her face. "Let the real champ show you how it's done," I said and Kelley laughed as I leaned in to peck her lips. I strapped myself onto the board and got hold of the rope. I got into the water and waited for a little distance between me and the boat. "Hit it sis!" I yelled and I felt the boat pulling me instantly. I Turned left and then right for a few minutes. "Alright Evan crank it up!" I yelled as she sped up. I waited for the perfect wave to form and once I saw one I went to the left and threw a front flip. As I landed back onto the water and saw Kelley threw her hands in the air with her mouth wide open. I laughed and did a few more tricks. I let go of the handle and sunk into the water.

"How the... what the.. how the hell did you do that?" Kelley asked as she helped me onto the boat. We all laughed at her and I unstrapped myself from the board. "Learned it from my old man," I replied and put the board away. "That was awesome," Kelley said as she sat on top of my lap. I smiled and pecked her lips. We chilled for about an hour until Carla suggested we go tubing. So Evan got out the tube and I got out the motor thingy to blow it up. Once it's blown up I hooked the rope to it and threw the tube in the water. "So who is the lucky three that is going first?" I asked with a grin on my face. "Why don't you, Kelley and Taylor go first and I'll drive the boat." Carla said to my sister. "Sounds good to me," I said and the others nodded.