Chapter 37

TAYLOR'S POV

*2 WEEKS LATER*

"We are gathered here today to say goodbye to someone near and dear to our hearts..." I zone out, not focusing on what the pastor is saying, but rather my focus is on the Pugh family. Mally's mom passed away nine days ago.

It feels like yesterday that they were saying goodnight to her, she didn't wake up the next morning. Some of the national team and people from the Spirit team came today along with Mals family. Kelley managed to come today too.

"You okay?" My girlfriend whispers in my ear. I look over to her and give her a small smile, nodding my head. She takes my hand in hers and rests it on her lap.

They were now lowering her casket into the ground and I'm a little worried about Mal. She was so close with her mom, but all day today she hasn't shed a tear or shown any emotion at all.

Once the service is over everyone said their condolences to the Pugh's and then went on with their day. Kelley and I made our way over to them and Mal immediately attached herself to Kelley. I smiled at the duo and turned around to give Mr. Pugh a hug. "How are you holding up?" I ask as I pull away. "I'm doing good. I kind of made peace with her not being around anymore," He says with a smile on his face. "You know, the night before she died we took a trip down memory lane. We sat and talked for hours on end and when she closed her eyes I just knew that it was her time," He says and I feel a tear slip down my cheek.

"Excuse me," He says and walk over to some people standing behind us. "Hey Mally," I say as I stood next to Kelley. "You okay?" I ask rubbing her arm. "I will be," She says nodding. "If you need anything Mal-Mal just give us a call," Kelley says and Mally nods. "Thank you guys for everything you have done for me and my family," She says and bring the both of us into a hug. "It was no problem," I say and we pull away.

"I'll talk later guys," She says and walk over to her dad. "C'mon let's go back to the hotel," Kelley says taking my hand in hers. We walk over to the rental car and headed back to the hotel.

They decided to have the funeral in their hometown in Colorado, so we were staying in a hotel and we're flying back to Utah tomorrow. "Man I'm tired," I say as I put on my seatbelt. "Tell you what. When we get back to the hotel I'll run us a nice warm bath and then afterwards we can sleep," I smile at her and lean over to give her a kiss on the cheek. "I love you,"

"I love you too," I smile and look out the window at the passing surroundings. We arrive at the hotel shortly after. We walk hand in hand into the hotel and towards the elevator. I press the button to our floor and patiently wait for it to stop. The door opens up and we walk out, "Do you have the key?" I ask my girlfriend. "Yeah, it's right here," She says as she pulls the key card out of her back pocket.

"I'll go get the bath ready," my girlfriend says and I nod my head giving her a quick peck on the lips. I go lie down on the bed and I connect my phone to the speaker in the room.

"What do you want to listen to?" I ask Kelley as she comes out of the bathroom. "Uhm, how about Taylor's new album?" She suggested and I nod my head looking up her album. The 1 is the first song to come up and I go over to Kelley that is sitting on the bed.

"I missed you," I say and rest my head on her shoulder. "Pooka, I've been here for five days," She says and place a kiss on my head. "I know, but I still missed you," I say and look up, "I love it when you go all sappy on me," She says and I giggle. "I think the water is ready,"

"What are we waiting for then?" I ask and stand up. She chuckles and we get undressed. I put my hair up in a bun and get in the tub. "Oh, this is nice," I say as I sink into the water. I feel Kelley get in behind me and I rest my back to her front. She wraps her arms around me. I look up giving her a peck.

"You ready to be back with the team?" She asks and I nod my head. "Yeah, I'm excited."

"I'm glad you are. Some of the girls missed you if not even more than me," I let out a giggle. I turn around in the tub, facing Kelley. I take her legs, pulling her closer and resting them over mine. "Hello there," She says with a giggle. I lean in and kiss her, "Hi," I whisper over her lips.

I pull away after giving her another kiss and I start to wash myself while Kelley played with the bubbles that formed. "Hey look, I'm Santa, ho ho ho" She says and I look up to see a white bubble beard and bubbles covering my girlfriends head. I laugh at her and a smile forms on her face. She takes a hand full of bubbles and hold it up to her mouth, blowing it towards me. "Lief," I say while giggling. "I don't know who this lief is that you are talking about, I'm Santa," She says in a very impressive manly voice. I laugh at her antics. "Well I guess that it makes me Mrs. Claus," I say and put some bubbles on my head.

"I like the sound of that," Kelley says letting out a chuckle. "C'mon Santa, finish up so that we can cuddle," I say and wipe off the bubbles on my head. "Not so fast missy," She says and takes the bubbles off of her face and wiping it across mine. "Okay, now we can finish," She says and I laugh. "You big goof," I say and wipe off the bubbles from my face. "You love me," She says and I nod my head, "That I do," I lean in and kiss her.

"Now let's go cuddle," She says and get out of the tub. I do the same and dry myself off before getting into bed. I look over to Kelley who is staring at me, "What? I'm hot," I say with amusement. "That you are," She says and come over, lying next to me. "Do you want to watch a movie?" She asks and I nod my head. "What do you want to watch?" She asks as I pause the music.

"How about a Jeff Dunham one," I suggest. "Sounds good to me,"

I rest my head on her shoulder and drape my arm on her stomach and my leg over hers. She wraps her arms around me and I feel her resting her hand on my ass. "Really lief?" I ask with a chuckle. "What? Your butt is nice," She says and we chuckle. "I love you," She says placing a kiss on my head.

"I love you too,"

*******************************

THIS CHAPTER IS UNEDITED

HEY GUYS, I HOPE YOU ARE ALL WELL AND HEALTHY. HERE IS A LONGER CHAPTER (I THINK) TO MAKE UP FOR THE SHORTER ONE.....

NEXT CHAPTER GAME TIME AND A SURPRISE VISIT

STAY SAFE AND STAY AWESOME