Chapter 11 - Out Of The Closet And Into Fire

Waking up, Trott made out the fuzzy silhouette of Smith through his eyelashes. A warm feeling spread through his body. Chris stretched an arm up and brushed his thumb across Alex's face. Lifting his head up from Smith's lap, Trott felt a rush of emotion and dizziness hit him as he sat up. Looking back at the snoring Smith, he spread a smile then finally got up. His arms clicked as stiff bones were moved back into place. He let out a satisfied sigh and walked, barefoot over to the kitchen. Chris jumped when he saw a silent Ross leaning against the counter, sipping his coffee, smirking. "Sleep well?" He mused slyly. A pink tint dusted Trott's cheeks as he made his own cup of coffee. They stood in silence for a moment, just listening to the kettle boiling until Ross piped up again, "I think you'd make a good couple." Chris' eyes widened as he nearly spilt the water from the kettle. "Ross-" He started but was quickly stopped by Ross holding up his hand. Ross looked at him with a 'Really?' face. Defeated, Trott smiled weakly. Sighing but nodding, he returned to making his coffee. "Maybe." he muttered softly. Grunting impatiently, Ross placed his hands on his hips and stared hard at Trott, "Look mate I don't want to do his job but... His feelings are very obvious, believe me you'd be better off telling him yours and get this awkward friend zone demolished." Chris whimpered softly but nodded. Then it hit him, "Wait he likes me too? I thought he w-was... Y'know-"Trott gestured with his arm, "Straight." Ross rolled his eyes and washed out his empty cup. "Idiots..." He murmured, "Why am I surrounded by IDIOTS." A thump followed his words then the soft pad of bare feet. The tall ginger man stood in the door way, his eyelids heavy and hair messy, "Mornin'." Fell from his lips and lay in the awkward silence. "I've got to go... Somewhere." Chris murmured picking up his car keys. His red face and nervous posture was soon missing from the room. "What's with him?" Alex questioned, combing a hand through his unbrushed hair.

"He may know how you feel." Ross muttered quickly before scurrying off and leaving Alex wide-eyed and frozen in place. A million thoughts running through his mind, 'he-he knows? Shit.'

A click rang through the house as Trott opened and entered the front door. Smith, who was upstairs pacing, jolted out of his skin when the noise hit his ears. He muttered encouraging words to himself, psyching himself up. He didn't want to be rejected before he even confessed, but Chris knew his feelings now, so rejection was inevitable. Or was it? Trott did say he loved Alex once. Even though it was a life-and-death-spur-of-the-moment thing. "Alex mate, you here?" Shit. Smith's heart beat doubled. Opening his bedroom door, he caught Ross' eyes and sent him a panicked look. Ross simply gestured his head down the stairs then closed his door. "Smith we need to talk." Chris called again.

"Yeah, coming." Alex quickly put on a smile, masking his terror. His smile was soon faced with the slightly more stern look of Trott's face. "What's up?" He knew 'What was up' but he still asked. Smith smiled crookedly, his confidence wavering already. A soft sigh fell from Chris' mouth, sadness clouding his eyes, "Smith-"

"Don't, wait. Please wait." Alex panicked, his words coming out in a furry, "What Ross said was, y'know, true but if you find it weird don't worry. Like forget this. But don't cause I still want you to know, y'know that I... The thing is I wanted to say it but I can't but you were gonna reject me so I panicked. But I still-" He was interrupted by Chris. Chris' lips gently pressed against his. An alien feeling that spiked all his senses. An explainable warmth spread across him and when Alex's mind had finished processing what had happened, he felt a smile tug at his lips. Trott pulled away leaving Smith in a euphoric like state. Both of them looked at each other, a complete feeling filling them. "Thank fuck," Alex breathed. Chris' face had turned a light pink, he squirmed under the embarrassment and averted his gaze. Leaning forward Smith took Trott's hand, his larger one enveloping Chris'. Alex kissed him this time, savoring the feeling. Smith's free hand came up to caress the side of Trott's face. He pulled away and stared deeply at Chris'. A grin smothered each of their faces and Chris leaned up to rest their foreheads together. "You're such a twat." Alex sighed, "I was so worked up. Especially when you were dying and confessed then. Like seriously, really crap timing mate."

"Y-You heard me then?" Chris looked up in shock, Smith returned the look then sighed again.

"That was real?" He laughed and kissed Trott's forehead, "You coming down now?" Ross slowly stepped down after being stood at the top of the stairs the whole time. Nodding in satisfaction, Ross opened his mouth to speak when there was a knock at the door. "I'll get it," Ross grumbled, but didn't want to pry the couple apart. After a few minutes Ross called from the front door, "Trott mate? Um..." Chris exchanged a confused glance with Alex before moving towards the door. "Who's that?" Alex whispered behind Trott. Chris gulped, avoiding Smith's gaze.

"This is Abby.

My fiancee."

A/N: And they finally get together! Hey guys, sorry for our really slow update, we had to suffer through a spur of exams. We still have an art one coming up so, again, we apologize if our updates are slower! (Hopefully the Troffy kiss made up for it.) Anywhoo thanks again for the massive support we've received, everyone who's read, voted and commented- Thank you! We love to hear from you, it's really motivating and we hope you enjoy reading our work. Love you guys.

Good day!