Prologue 2.5 (the best of friends)

The next couple of weeks flew by, full of smiles and laughter shared between the two boys. They always seemed to talk to each other and no one else. Alex sometimes would speak to a few people he'd been acquainted with previously but he mainly felt bad for leaving Chris alone and always came straight back to him. Chris had also gained confidence and had tried talking to some of his peers although he didn't take to them as well as he did to Alex. Alex was his rock and being with him was far better than anyone else. From when Chris had first moved, the two slowly became inseparable, both faces a regular at eachothers homes, so much so their parents often expected to see both of the boys or neither.

***

In chemistry class the teacher had set the class a project where the work had to be researched in pairs. "Alright everyone, quieten down, you'll all be working in pairs so find yourselves a partner." Almost instantly the two boy's heads shot across to look at eachother and a wide smile blossomed across both of their faces. "I guess you're with me mate." Chris swung back on his chair and gave out a soft laugh, "Yeah as if you have a choice in the matter, you're stuck with me you twat." Alex laughed and looked over to the smaller brunette with a sparkle in his eye, "You say that as if it's a bad thing." Trott chuckled and coughed slightly quickly realising just what he'd said, Alex let out a gruff laugh and pulled Trott's chair forward, "let's get started shall we?"