Chapter 14 - Into Hiding

"Chrissy!" The familiar man of the couple chirped, "Long time no see." Chris braced himself for the bone crushing hug of his brother, then waved awkwardly to Fiona, Chris' sister in law. Moving his gaze up to Alex, Chris' brother studied him before an 'Oh I know you' smile hit his face. "Alex right? Even longer time no see," Richard beamed. Nervously nodding and smiling, Alex threw a panicked gaze towards Chris and then realisation hit Trott. Did his brother see? Did his brother care? Sighing and seeing the obvious confusion, Richard place a hand on Chris' shoulder, grabbing his attention. "Don't worry," He grinned, watching Trott's face turn into that of a shocked one. "Mum told me." Alex and Chris exchanged a quick glance of mixed feelings. Relief that he didn't seem disgusted, glad that some people knew meaning less people to come out to, and scared. What if Chris' dad knew? Then they were in trouble. "I know to keep it from dad, don't worry," He sighed as if reading their minds. "But I have to worn you that they are thinking about coming here, in France, to stay in a family villa," Richard muttered, a face of pity for the two men. Alex whispered curses that were inaudible for everyone else apart from Chris, who then put a soothing hand on Smith's back. "Did they say why at all?" Trott raised an eyebrow, wondering if there was perhaps something happening without his knowledge. Richard shrugged and shot his wife a look of 'We haven't heard anything right'. Fiona opened her mouth, then shut it, then opened it again, "Seeing as your mother knows, maybe she's just worried about you." Fiona glanced up to Richard whom nodded in agreement. "Yeah sorry Chris but I did tell mum what you were up to, and it was on your channel. She was worried sick." Sighing Trott looked up to Alex and gave a guilty smile which was faced with a sad and 'don't blame yourself look' from Smith. Returning his attention to his brother, Chris inquired, "Does she know where in France we're staying?
"They're coming to Paris, Chris," Richard sighed then patted Trott on the shoulder, "It'll be fine. Don't worry." They all said their good byes and went separate way, Alex and Chris finally catching up to Ross.

Ross was waiting by the exit. After seeing Trott's relatives Ross decided to change the meeting point and texted Trott to meet else where. Unfortunately he was too late and Chris had bumped into them. Giving a shy smile, Chris greeted Ross, whilst Alex remained hard in though, a crease appearing slightly on his forehead. "Ready?" Ross chirped, trying hard to change the awkward atmosphere. "Definitely, lets go see Paris!" Trott smiled, all his words were forced but enthusiastic in their own way. Just forget for now, Chris though. He quickly looped his hand in Alex's and gave it a slight tug to draw him out of his thoughts. Smiling weakly at Trott, Smith nodded and quickly put a kiss on Chris's head. Ross gestured to the door and they left, hailing a taxi to head to a quiet restaurant Ross found on the Internet. The tension was rather suffocating in the taxi ride, with Smith and Trott silent in the back, hands lazily touching and Ross in the front, gripping awkwardly to the car door. Chris was the best at French, even then it wasn't that great, but he was too distracted to converse with the driver. Poor Ross was left conversing in simple English and poor French. When they reached the restaurant, they said their farewells to the driver and hopped inside, avoiding the random out burst of rain. Inside it was warm and styled with random photos and newspaper clippings, fabric chairs with red wood tables. The floor was half carpeted and half squeaky wooden planks. It was cute and quaint, not too busy but not deserted. Ross headed towards the suited waiter, giving Trott's name then beckoned for the other two to follow. When they arrived at a three seated table, Ross suddenly felt a wave of exhaustion. It was hard being cheerful for the all of them, he knew that this was scary for them, but it was just Richard and if asked he definitely wouldn't tell. In fact Richard was smart enough not to mention it to Chris' dad. "I'm just gonna go to the loo," Smith muttered, stumbling upwards from his fabric chair. Chris smiled at him then shifted his attention to Ross, "I'm sorry for being a dick and ruining this for you mate." He sighed and rubbed at his temples.
"Don't worry, I know it's hard for you, I saw Richard in the loft on my way down," Ross confessed, throwing Trott a sympathetic look. Cringing, Chris looked up to meet Ross' eyes. He opened his mouth but simply made a small pathetic noise. He started again, focusing hard, "It's not just Richard who's here, my parents are too." Ah, It clicked for Ross. No wonder they're freaked.

A/N: Wow it's so short and such an over due update! Sorry guys! But from now on it might just be me (May) writing as the other half of CatsandFangirls hasn't got to time to help me. This may mean quicker updates but probably shorter chapters? Sorry if my writing is as good by itself but I'll try my best! As per usual all the comments and votes are much appreciated, thanks guys!
Good day!