Chapter 16 - A Change Of Heart

Trott sat down silently on the side of his bed. It made a soft creak as it shifted below his weight. A blank and clouded gaze settled over his eyes. "Chris I-" Smith's words stumbled about in the air. But quickly Chris' blank stare turned into a bemused look. Spurts of giggles came from his lips until it became and uncontrollable laughter. Alex simply stood there, staring in shock and confusion. Flopping back on to his bed, Chris spread his arms out nearly covering all of the double mattress. He averted his eyes to Smith and grinned to himself when seeing the confused expression. "I never thought you as someone who would follow orders. Especially if you didn't like what they entailed," Trott gave a few more chuckles before sitting back up and smiling at Smith. Still trying to comprehend what had happened, Alex moved to sit besides Chris, putting one hand on top of his head. "But how did-do you know that he-I," Smith stuttered. He was a bit confused yet happy that Trott understood the situation. But fear was most dominate. What would happen to them now? "Mate, I know you too well and my father far too well to not understand what has happened," Trott moved his hand to intertwine fingers with Smith. Alex smiled sadly and rubbed a soothing thumb across Chris'. "He said he'd take you away," Smith moved his eyes to stare at the floor, "I guess I wanted yo leave you not have you leave me."
"Well that was rather selfish," Trott said matter-of-fact-ly.
"I know but I-" Chris silenced him with his finger and sighed heavily, moving closer to rest his head on Alex's shoulder. "I would've done the same," Trott muttered, "But maybe we can sort things out a bit, now that everything's out in the open." Smith nodded slowly, tickled by Chris' hair at his neck. "I won't run away from my-our problems any more, promise." Alex whispered and planted a kiss into Trott's hair. Chris moved to stand up and lifted his shirt over his head. "You sleeping here or up there?" A small smirk appearing on Trott's face as he spoke. Smith mirror his expression, "Well seeing as I'm here," he grinned.

"Trott, Trott mate," came a stressed and slightly irritated voice. "Trot," Ross called, dragging out the 'o' in his name. Harsh knocks also accompanied the voice at the door. Trott wiggled out of Smith's grip and pulled on his discarded trousers. "Coming, coming, keep it down," Chris grumped and shuffled over to the door. Clicking the door open, Trott was greeted by a disappointed Ross. "We're suppose to be going to Disney land today wether you think we're too old for it or not," Ross growled at Trott, but his face softened, "Have you and Smith made up now?" Suddenly Chris' attention was snapped back to Ross.
"Uh-I-yeah we-". A heavy sigh interrupted Trott. Ross muttered incoherently to himself before turning himself away from Chris. "He's in got room isn't he," and Ross started to walk down the corridor. "Just get up and be ready for 10!" He called behind his shoulder. Shutting the door behind him, Chris made his way back over to the bed, crawling back into Smith's arms. "Who was that?" Alex groaned, voice thick with sleep.
"Ross. We need to be up and ready by 10." Chris buried his head deeper into Alex's chest. He lifted his head up check his watch over Smith's shoulder, before returning to his cocoon. "It's half past eight now." Alex whined and tightened his grip on Chris.
"Just a bit longer," He muttered.

When they had arrived and pushed past the turn gates, Ross had an excited grin plastered on his face. Similarly Smith had become a bit hyperactive, eager to feel the adrenaline the rides gave him. Trott, who did appreciate the rides and adrenaline, just wasn't feeling it. Never the less he was set on having a good time. After the fourth time on 'thunder mountain' Chris had said he wouldn't join them for the fifth time as his back was aching. After having the whole "Are you sure?"
"Yes I'm sure." Conversation with Alex, Trott said he was going to sit on the benches not far from the queue. When Ross and Smith were out of sight, Chris got out his phone and typed in the familiar number of his dad's mobile. On the third ring he picked up, but didn't say anything. "Dad?" Chris whispered emotions rushing around inside of him. "Yes?" The voice came through, sounding metallic as it came through the phone's speakers. For a moment there was a heavy silence, both unsure of how to react to the other. "Please leave Alex out of it," Chris suddenly burst out, his voice was filled with fear and distress. "I know you're just doing this because you're worried, but this is serious, Alex doesn't want to hurt me." Again, there was a lengthy silence and now Chris started to panic that the others would return before he could finish his call. "Chris, you know that I've been accepting of you. But not everyone is. I'm not scared Alex will hurt you, I'm scared everyone else will," Trott's father paused, "I love you and I just want you safe." Chris smiled. Everyone always thought his father was this business demon, who cared about his business before anything else. But we wasn't. He just wanted what was best for his family, and sometimes just couldn't communicate it clearly. "Yeah, I love you too," Chris hummed. Trott could now see Alex and Ross heading towards him, laughing and shouting about God know was. "But I also love him," Trott muttered to the phone. A faint "Ok," came in a reply before the call was over. As Smith came closer, Trott's grin got bigger. When their eyes met, Alex's grin soon matched Chris'. "Back feeling better?" Alex questioned offering a hand to pull Trott up. Accepting it, Chris was hauled to his feet.
"Yeah, it's all better now."

AN/: Good day! This is just to say that I won't be updating Making up for lost time as much now because, one, there isn't that many chapters left but also because I've started writing a new book. The other book on my account (Troffy Stories) will probably be updated more often because I'm enjoying writing it more and I feel like my writing has matured a lot in that book. Also there is lots of different stories so it keeps my writing fresh. It would mean a lot if you guys could check it out and give your opinions as I love to hear from you all! Other than that, thank you for reading, voting and commenting. You're all so wonderful and motivating!