Chapter 0

Tears stung his cheeks and hung thickly on his lashes. School had finished half an hour ago and even though he had made plans with Smith, Chris sat curled in a ball, stuck in a fragile state. He craved to see his redheaded friend but an uneasy feeling held him back. Alex couldn't see him like this. 'What if he thinks I'm disgusting.' The thought of the handsome boy whom had become his closest friend, turning away in disgrace, taunting him just like the others brought more tears to Chris' swollen eyes. The school's shed became hazed as tears blurred his vision and his body shook violently from the relentless burst of emotion.

15 minutes previously

It was the end of yet another begrudgingly long day at school, Trott and Alex had made plans with eachother for after school, at least there was that to look forward to. It was just getting out of the school that was the problem. the hoards of people shoulder to shoulder, Chris found himself leaving later and later each day just to avoid the human traffic. But today he had plans, he was going to get out of this school and get to Alex's house one way or another. All was going to plan, he was out of the school halls, in the car park, he was even a couple of minutes ahead of schedule! Until a pair of rough hands dragged him back, pushing him to walk behind the school building causing him to trip over his own feet, "Get up!" They shouted kicking at Chris' ankles, "I said get UP!" Chris did as he was told, shaking as he got to his feet. They reached the caretakers shed behind the school, 'this can't be good' he thought. "Wh-what d-do you want?" He stuttered turning to face his attackers, Chris was starting to make out their faces in the dark light of the shed when he felt a fist come into contact with his jaw, nocking him to the ground. "To teach you a lesson faggot." A foot came crashing into his stomach. "We don't want people like you here, disgusting filth!" The attackers said as one of them spat in Chris' face. "You really are a waste of space" they laughed to themselves. He dared to sit up, to look them in the eyes managing to say, "I don't understand, what have I done?" Before another fist swung and collided this time with his eye. "What you've DONE? Well you're here for starters infecting the rest of us! You're not welcome here, this school has a zero tolerance policy of fags like you!" They began kicking, spitting and punching at Chris' small frame, cheering when blood began to pour from his split lip. "Oh no, look what we've done" his attackers turned to face each other in hysterics, "We've made the pansy cry! Look at him, disgusting." They proceeded to bend down and mockingly wipe the tears off of his face, before raising their hands and punching him in unison. Chris tried to look up at his attackers, to face them but his swollen eyes wouldn't allow it, "stop, j-just please, s-stop" he managed before breaking down in more tears and his slight frame lay there broken. To his surprise, they gave up, "See this as a warning you filthy piece of scum!" They spat in his bloody face, "this isn't over faggot!" The other laughed as he made a final blow to Chris' face.

Shivering, broken and alone Chris stayed there unable to move, sobbing into his arms he hugged he knees to his chest in hope of consoling himself 'disgusting...' he thought, 'what a true waste of space you are Christopher Trott'. Their words ringing in his mind. He wanted to move, needed the comfort of his best friend but he just couldn't face it. Everything hurt too much for him to even fathom moving, so he just sat there, alone.

10 minutes ago

'He's never usually this late' Alex thought as he checked the time on his phone. He had been waiting for Trott just outside of the school gates for over 20 minutes now and was starting to worry. 'Maybe he's just forgotten' he hoped but he knew his best friend wouldn't forget today, they had been planning it since last week. A feeling of disappointment and worry resided in his stomach. Alex longed for the brunettes comapny. Chris always managed to make him smile but best of all he always managed to make Chris smile. His stomach fluttered and a different kind of feeling shot through him. 'I've gotta find him. Just to see him.' Quickly dialing Chris' number, Alex's stomach knotted with anticipation. But no answer. He tried again. Nothing. Gripping his hair tightly with his free hand, he dialed Trott's home number. "Hello?" A high pitched voice followed down the line. "Hey, it's me Alex? Is uh, is Trott home?" The nerves now swelled inside of the redhead as Chris' mother hesitated. "I thought he was with you?" She questioned, worry apparent in her voice. All the hairs lifted up on Alex's skin. "Oh yeah, he left to get his jacket from school, I forgot sorry." Alex played it off hoping not to worry her. After a brief farewell, he snapped his phone shut and half walk/jogged back into the school grounds. The pressure and stress of finding the smaller boy pressed hard against his skull as Smith ran around checking each classroom. The more he checked the more frantic he became. He suddenly skidded to a hault besides the doors to the yard, Alex noticed the old shed's door was open. Rumours of kids being locked in the abandoned caretaker's shed let a nagging worry bloom in his head. No, not Trott, he can't of been.