Chapter 13 - Away From Here

"You all packed?" Smith chirped around Trott's door. A small, stressed smile formed on Chris' lips, the last week had taken a toll on him. Alex's grin shifted slightly, he was happy, no he was over joyed with the fact Chris reciprocated his feelings. But the apperance of Chris' ex-fiance seemed to only go down hill. Abby insisted that they'd at least tell Trott's mother and in all fairness, she took it well. She actually cried at the fact Chris had contacted her for the first time since moving and that he was finally happy. Smith always remembered Trott's mum more fondly than he remembered his dad. Chris' mother stayed at home whilst his dad was the one who worked. But his Mum knowing didn't bother him, the thing that bothered Chris was the thought of his dad finding out. "Trott it'll be fine." Alex sighed, stretching out his arms and curling them around Chris. Trott let out a content hum and cuddled into Smith, mumbling something along the lines of 'Thanks mate' and 'I'm just worried'. Alex nodded, Chris' hair tickling his chin. "God I love you, Smith." Trott drew back and confessed to Alex. Smith blinked in surprised, taken back by Chris' sudden confession. He chuckled and placed a kiss on Trott's lips, "I love you too mate." Smith let Chris go and finish packing, and for a while he sat and watched his boyfriend. Was he his boyfriend? Their relationship was a bit... Confusing and it wasn't helping that Alex wanted nothing more than to keep Chris to himself, wanted to be with him, hold him, kiss him. Safe to say if it was up to him, he'd go into this relationship, full speed ahead. But there was Trott to consider, and he wanted him to be happy most of all. But going to games-con meant pretending. They couldn't really afford to tell their subscribers their relationship in case, by some means, Trott's father found out. It was frustrating but Chris' Dad was someone you couldn't say no to and if he order Chris to go live in Dubai, or wherever he was at the moment, Trott would oblige. Noticing the concentration, frustration and irritation on Alex's face, Chris walked over and knocked his forehead against Smith's. Tilting his head slightly, Trott left a light kiss on Alex's nose. "Thanks for being strong for the both of us," He smiled, brushing a thumb to Smith's cheek, "It'll all be over soon." Trott reassured him, giving Alex's a new found strength. It was worth it, all the hiding and denying for little moments like this. "Yeah," Smith grinned and cupped Trott's face, squishing it slightly to make a stupid face.

Dragging down their suitcases down the stairs, Smith and Trott found Ross who glanced up quickly at them. "Stop sulking already," Smith moaned and earned a poke in his sides from Chris. "I'm not! I knew it'd happen anyways..." Ross carried on muttering to himself, then brushing past them to get his suitcase. "What a sissy." Alex sighed, resting his hands on his hips. Chris raised an eyebrow and smirked at him, "So you wouldn't have minded if I had rejected you?" Alex's face quickly turned to a panicked look, but then rolled his eyes and ruffled Chris' hair. "Bit different mate," Alex muttered. Abby had gone home a couple of days ago, after staying for about two weeks. Before she left Ross had asked her out on a date, which she obviously refused. One point being she was Chris' ex so 'it'd be weird' and another point being she was already re-engaged. Poor fool was embarrassed for days. When Ross came skulking down the stairs, suitcase in toe, the three of them began their trek. First to the car, then to the airport. Chris drove them to the airport (Alex called shotgun) and throughout the drive, Smith's gaze always managed to concentrate back on Trott. Even though this con was going to be a strain on their relationship, maybe it'd do Chris some good, keep his mind off of everything. Smith knew this was hard for Trott, because unlike when Alex had come out and he had his parents support, Chris faced an obnoxious father who cared more about his company than his family. And Smith could do nothing. Sighing, Alex slipped his hand onto Trott's thigh causing him to take his eyes off the road momentarily. Maybe this trip will do Alex some good too.

When they had finally landed in France and made their way to their hotel, the three of them were shocked to find out how unjust the booked rooms were mappd out. One was on the 5th floor, one on the 6th and the other all the way down on the 2nd. Huffing, Ross took the key for the 2nd floor room, not even wanting to comprehend what it would be like for the couple to be further than a floor away from each other. They all agreed they go to their own rooms for half an hour then meet back up in the loby. Trott and Smith said goodbye to Ross at the second floor then carried on in the lift to the fifth floor. Trott had said he'd take this room and as he was leaving, received a quick peck from Smith. Carrying on to the 6th floor alone, Alex took long strides until he reached his room. He unlocked the door, after many failed attempts, and threw his suitcase into the middle of the floor. Turning to the bed, he flopped down onto the mattress, bouncing slighy as his body hit the foam. Noticing the balcony, Alex quickly shot back up to his feet to take a look. When he went outside, he noticed how the 6th floor, the top floor, had smaller balconies, and he could see clearly into the one below. And when he looked down, that was when he noticed the brunette. "Trott!" He sang down, the head instantly flicking up to meet his gaze. "Smith?" Chris called back, breaking into a grin. To his surprise, Alex moved his legs to over the side of the concrete balcony and jumped down, just shy of landing on Trott. "What the FUCK!" Chris spat but only got a laugh and a smirk in return. Sighing, Trott wound his arms around Smith's waist, feeling a head nestle into his neck in reply. "Don't do that again, prick. You'll hurt yourself," Chris muttered and heard a laugh. "I promise," Smith muttered, "But in return..." Alex bit down lightly on Chris neck and went through the familiar routine of leaving a love bite. Trott's breathing hitched and left a victorious grin on Smith's face. "People don't have to know your taken by me. Just that you're taken." A flush of red tainted Chris' face, but he nodded irrespective. "So, that means I can leave one too?" Chris smirked, but was interrupted by his phone. Rolling his eyes he beckoned for Smith to follow him out. "Ross, the Romance killer is calling." So they made their way down to the lobby.

When they reached the lobby, instead of being greeted by Ross, Trott recognised two familar figures. Instantly he let go of Alex's hand and stood still in shock horror. When the figures noticed Trott his heart sank, his pulse raced and he instantly felt sick. This was wrong.
"Christopher?" They called.

"Fuck."

A/N: Oh my lord we haven't updated in an age. Sincere apologises but we've just been super busy with exams and stuff so we've only been adding bits here and there. We tried to get this finished asap, so sorry if it's a bit rushed and if there are any mistakes. We'll try better next time! Thank you all for reading, voting and commenting too!
Good Day!