Thresh x Soul Reader {Comfortable}

Ask: Thresh having strong feelings for a soul! Reader and trying to make her as comfortable in the new world that she is now

Your soul didn't belong here, that was very much so. Your attire, the way reaction to your soul being stuck here wasn't normal. Other than the souls he normally collected the form you appeared in was more spectral, which meant it was similar to ghost skin, like Kalista. Sure Thresh had seen the souls that acted tough but not long before being consumed by the same grief and pain. But you didn't act tough, you just wondered with a curiosity around the isles. He didn't claim your soul highly for the fact that he was actually interested in you. Although it wasn't like he wanted to wasn't any fun.

What he finds peculiar was how no matter where you could go all over the shadow isles you often were fond following him, or even right next to him. He was starting to feel something he hadn't in a long time, or ever for the matter. Guilt and something else that he couldn't place a finger on.

"Doesn't it get boring collecting the same types of souls all over again?" your voice echoed right beside him as the two of you stride along with the ruins around you.

"And what would you know about collecting souls and torturing them?" he was amused by the question and a smirk had formed as best as his facial features could, it quickly went back to neutral though.

"Well I know for a fact that it gets old, like the priests that are predictable, and the souls that try to run away but don't know its hopeless, I don't know how you don't get bored." answering with a matter of fact tone

He was gonna answer although, he noticed the aura of your presence was not beside him anymore. As if to show he didn't care he continued his walk throughout the mist. Something at the shore had caught your eye, so out of curiosity, you chose to get closer to it.

The sight in your views was Buhuru priests, more specifically alive priests the ones that had their glowing holy magic. They came here often filling the wards that pushed the spirits back from moving towards other lands. You walked up, it would be nice to have a chat with someone living. Although once you reached the holy walls, they prevented you from going any further. Of course, you were no special case of a spirit, why would you be able to interact with them anyways.

Turning around you decided to spend some time where most of the wardens back then wasted time, in the libraries. Walking up deteriorating spiraled stairs you came to your destination. Maybe reading about things would keep your mind of the life you've come to live, or not live for that matter. A book fell in front of your feet, it would've spooked you any other time had you not gotten used to the spirits. If they weren't moping around they were causing a ruckus.

Walking up to a random bookcase you glanced at the titles, The History of the Blessed Isles, How to handle ____ Items, Identification Of Magic Artifacts, etc. None that really sparked an interest however the book titled, "Blessed Isles Sun and Moon Patterns".

Grabbing the book you descended down the stairs once more, it wasn't as if someone would be there to heckle you about returning it anyway. Finding an ample place to sit wasn't that hard, so choosing an area where spectral magic flowed from the top similar to a waterfall reminded you of a meadow with a real waterfall. Plopping down on the ground you opened the contents of the book, not taking long to be entranced with the information spread out on its pages. The Chain Warden watched from a distance, eventually, something nagged at him to check up on you. Of course, he had been watching, seen your interaction with the walls, and he realized he felt guilty, even if it wasn't his fault you ended up here. Perhaps he could make your stay more comfortable here, then it would dull this foolish guilt. Thresh vanished into air preparing his plan.

Closing the book you stretched, you remember how the stars and moon had been enchanting to the point where you would study them and make up things about them. Standing up and grabbing the book you decided that you'd keep it. Where would a spectral spirit keep any close things? A room, of course, wardens here had their rooms, of course, so you had just preoccupied one for the time being before you'd take off with Thresh and the mist again. Which made moving a tad bit hard, having to choose what items to take quickly.

Maneuvering throughout the ruins and eventually finding the room, although before entering you saw a mist go into the air. It looked similar to when thresh vanished into thin air, so as curious as ever you followed.

Each time you got close to him, he would vanish, the chase only ended when the two of you were out in the open on a very fancy balcony and by then the book had been long dropped.

That book wasn't as important at this sight though, Thresh was standing next to what seemed like a very intact telescope. Swiftly walking up to it you examined its features hand glazing over it and feeling the intricate details. The base color of it was simply white, although the curved and many designs, patterns, and runes on it were gold and silver. You didn't know if Thresh could tell if you were beaming with joy that so much your body would turn yellow instead of white. That's also when you began testing it an examining its features.

In front of him, the scene reminded him of scholars when they first were assigned some important tasks.

"Where did you find something like this in ruins like these?" inquiring about it seemed to make him prideful after all only someone like him could truly find something beautiful in ruin like this.

"Does it truly matter?" he answered with an amused tone

"Suppose not, though if you aren't keen on telling me where you found it how about helping me work it?" you shot back

He didn't answer and instead moved to show you, and while the moon was out the pair examined the stars. Normally he would find torturing souls much funnier, but if this is what he had to do for you to stay with him, then he wouldn't mind spending another eternity with you.