Ghosted Memories

Summary: Seeing a familiar face in a fog of memories sure does erase the loneliness

Warnings: A little angst and bad writing

Hidden from outsiders for many years, the Blessed Isles was dedicated to knowledge, philosophy, and the protection of magical artifacts from across Runeterra. The capital of the Blessed Isles, however, was filled with varying archaeologists, astronomers, and scholars of every conceivable discipline. The Blessed Isles were once a beautiful realm, at least to what you can still remember of it.

What's left is just a corrupted fragment of what it used to in its golden days. Where was your place in this? Where you a corrupted soul or a tormenter to the lost pieces of souls?" In truth, you were neither. Unfortunately, when you were in your mid-teens you had been struck with misfortune. Traveling so far to the blessed isles just to seek help from something that seemed to doom many around you. Unfortunately, there was no cure for pure death, instead of locking you away they saw the purity and fear in your heart, teaching to control and keep it under control. For that, you were so gracious and assisted those past scholars with whatever task was place upon you. Perhaps that is what you previously felt, what did it matter now in place of what used to be was a ruin. Those who gave their lives, as well as those who were dragged into unsuspecting chaos, were either lost in time swirling around aimlessly or most became corrupted versions of themselves.

Staring at the gloves covering what has made your life so miserable your brows furrowed, in the end you were left alone once more with yourself and the whispers of agony.Nothing changed much, supposedly would that be a gift of this curse? Not being affected by the curse? Oh how cruel fate was left alone with yourself and nevermore with death around you. A fleeting purpose of life takin away because of greed, grief, and betrayal. Now you a laughing stock embodiment of death once more was left in the prison of souls.

Taking a breath you continued walking throughout the mist, passing souls alike. Similar to a lost fragmented soul you wondered searching for another purpose. Cold air passed by, another thing you've gotten used too. But the feeling of the air, that was much more different. An idling sensation had gone and instead, a sense of dread had pooled, cries of torture filled the air. There was no one to be seen, not even a single soul. Pausing in your steps your eyes fluttered closed focusing in on the distant sounds. A chain being dragged amongst the cobblestone ground, along with it was a burst of defiling laughter that sent chills up your spine, something even the atmosphere couldn't do.

This sparked a curiosity a feeling that you wouldn't have if not given the circumstances. Onward you drifted closer to the noise, the swing of the chain becoming clearer to hear. Once close enough the outline of a figure appeared, its head wasn't attached to its body and it wore familiar clothing their backside was turned to you. Yet that's all you had wanted to know, even with you're death aura you could still be hurt and severely injured by those who lied wake waiting in the mist.

Not surprised when you tried continuing on past them they already caught your presence. So you stood still as they spoke,

"And where do you think you are going?" they spoke, the voice sounding more masculine so you naturally assumed they were a male.

"I...Im just a soul passing on by" your voice croaked out an answer, nearly forgetting that it had been centuries since you'd talked to someone that wasn't fully dead or the air around.

His ghastly figure turned straight towards your direction and began walking towards you.

"Do you think me foolish? I would know the sweet tones of the misery of a soul" his voice seemed more...amused

The short distance he crossed was realized once he got closer to you, and really you honestly didn't have the energy in you to run. Instead of allowing him to get dangerously close to his face, as you had seen the chain that you had heard earlier, and it wasn't as simple as you had thought.

At first, he didn't say anything and you didn't dare look him in those ghoulish eyes, if it was intimidation it was only half working because you just wanted him to go away.

A claw-like finger was placed under your chin lifting up your head forcing you to peer into those green misty eyes.

"Something seems...familiar about you" he mumbled tracing the outlines of your face.

Your breath hitched in the back of your throat at the proximity, oddly enough the air didn't feel suffocating and you really doubt he would hurt you since he seemed to know you. Shoulders slumped gaze burning back into his, a little more out of curiosity than caution. Quickly you went from fearful and cautious to fairly annoyed.

Smacking his hand away you scoffed,

"Whoever you think I maybe you are probably mistaken."

Completely ignoring what you said he snapped his fingers as if he remembered something a menacing smirk somehow forming on his face. Though it didn't matter as you had already started walking past him. You didn't get very far before the sound of a chain being thrown was heard and had wrapped around your waist pulling you back to him.

"Where do you think you are going 'Deaths Incarnate'?" his voice flowed through your ears with an echo.

Brows furrowing in confusion on how he knew the title that was first given to you by those who feared you,

Noticing the perplexed look he spoke,

"Did you really think you could live a peaceful life amongst them? No matter how much you helped, how much you resisted with the gift you were given you were never accepted now were you?"

The chain wrapped around your waist had long fallen to the side and had been replaced by his clawed hand holding you against his frame as he murmured those things in your ear. As those words drifted into understanding your whole mood shifted once more, you didn't want to hear about the past and your failed attempt of trying to fit in with society

Shivering against him of resurfaced memories you shook your head,

"What happened is in the past, I don't know who you are and how you know me but I don't care"

"Oh, but I guarantee you do dear~ Can't you remember your lover?"

Everything that was coming out of his mouth was just getting more and more confusing, sure if he somehow knew about your lover from your time in The Blessed Isles that'd be fine. However most were lost in the king's ruination so naturally, you had gone searching for him immediately, but all you found was an empty vault and no lover to be found. He was a lowly warden gone by the name of Thresh, both of you being shunned away from those who were considered normal. On the contrary, you didn't mind his much more sadistic mindset, although he tried a little too many experiments with you. It took a moment to click all of the information together but once it did you were surprised.

"T...Thresh?" your voice quivered as a name that fell from your lips so long ago had returned.

You wouldn't deny and be surprised about him being alive, after all, there was nobody, no soul fragment left behind. He had been encountered by the Ruined king so you assumed he cunned his way out, but with no crumbs to pick up on his location you gave up on many years of searching for him.

"The one and only"

Relief flooded through your body, releasing much tension acquired through the years. You didn't cry, nor did you get angry simply you turned around and placed a head on to his chest even if it was colder than the warm touch you were used too. Instead, you let out an amused chuckle,

"Who would've thought that the two of us changed so much huh?" your voice was just above a whisper.

He hugged you closer as well,

"There is no mortality and morals to hold us back, I simply embraced my true wants, no its time for you to do the same dear"

Whatever he was implying you simply didn't care, perhaps yes his sadistic ways have evolved into one of a murderer but you didn't care. Whether you were to join him in his ways or not all you wanted to relish in was his embrace.

Because now you could finally hold his hands without the thought of mortality