Chapter 19

"What are we going to do today Jen?" Jaemin asked as they were inching towards the forest. Jeno's hand was wrapped around his wrist, pulling him around.

"I'm just going to test your skills. I think we trained more than enough about keeping your control," Jeno explained. They went through the invisible shield and reached the forest. When they arrived there, Jeno pulled Jaemin towards a place where the leaves of the trees didn't reach, which made the rays of the sun pear through.

Jeno had brought a bow with him and Jaemin was scared as to what he was planning to do with it. He grabbed it in between his hands and Jaemin was even more cautious when Jeno pointed it towards him.

Jaemin jumped in surprise when Jeno released the string, causing a noise from the string hitting the wood.

"Don't worry Jaemin, a bow doesn't work if it doesn't have an arrow in it." Jeno chuckled lowly stating the obvious, and Jaemin became less tense.

"What are you going to do with it?" Jaemin asked with a confused face. Jeno grabbed an arrow from the holder on his back and placed it on the bow.

"I want to test your reflexes," Jeno said with a smirk that confused Jaemin more than anything. Jeno pulled the string and let it go, making the arrow pierce through the bark of the tree. Jaemin's mouth widened.

"Wow! That was so cool!" Jaemin said excitedly. Jeno laughed, but it died down just as fast as it had appeared. Jeno took an arrow from his quiver and fired it straight to Jaemin at the speed of light.

Jaemin saw the arrow fly towards him and ran away with the most clumsy steps to ever exist, dodging the arrow by a nose.

"Are you trying to kill me?!" Jaemin yelled, when the arrow hit the tree behind where he was standing previously. Jeno however didn't respond and grabbed another arrow and pulled the string back.

"Jeno, are you out of your mind?!" Jaemin yelled out when he dodge another one, only by an inch. Jeno's lips tugged up into a smirk and only continued to fire arrows at the boy who was currently in complete panic.

The sound of arrows hitting the tree filled the air, and so did Jaemin's panicked yells and screams.

"Damn it." Jeno let out when he felt only one arrow left in his quiver. Jaemin, who thought the curse meant he was out of arrows, came to a stop and cocked his head to the side to eye Jeno.

"Now you aren't so tough anymore, right?" Jaemin teased. He blinked his eyes, but right then, he heard the string hit the wooden bow, meaning an arrow was coming his way.

Jaemin's hands tried to protect his head and he lifted a knee. The arrow left a faint scratch on Jaemin's arm.

"Lee Jeno!" Jaemin stumped forward, pulled the bow out of Jeno's hands and threw it to the ground harshly. The string had had so much tension on it before that this impact caused it to snap.

"That was my favorite bow..." Jeno mumbled sadly.

"Well maybe you should have thought about it before trying to kill me." Jaemin said, obviously angry from this so-called 'training'.

"An arrow can't kill you and I would've treated your wounds like I usually do anyways." Jeno wanted to laugh at Jaemin's whining, but he didn't.

"But still!" Jaemin sat down on the ground, crossed his arms and huffed like a 5-year-old. Jeno walked away after telling Jaemin he left to get medicine for his arm.

When it took him more than ten minutes to return and Jaemin didn't see Jeno behind him, something felt off. "Jeno? Where are you?"

Jeno had walked away after he left Jaemin sitting on the ground. He now stood behind a tree, hiding from the younger. He was debating if he should do this or not, but after some time he decided this was the best opportunity he would encounter to test Jaemin's skills.