Fosters - Overprotective Part 1

You could feel the tension as (girlfriends name) walked into the house

You could feel the tension as (girlfriends name) walked into the house. Every one was just staring at her, not saying anything. You could tell it was making her uncomfortable and you knew that you had to put a stop to it. You liked her a lot and you weren't about to let them scare her away.

"Moms, guys, this is my girlfriend (gf's name). (gf's name), this is Stef, Lena, Brandon, Mariana, Callie, Jesus, and Jude."

She smiles at them, shaking their hands as you say their names.

"It's a pleasure to meet you all. (y/n) has told me all about you."

"Yeah, well she's hardly ever mentioned you."

Mariana casually mumbles. Callie and Jude laugh as they hear her. All you do is glare at Mariana, hoping that (gf's name) didn't hear anything.

X

Dinner was quite intense. You would try to bring up something to talk about but no one tried to continue the conversation other than your girlfriend. It was clear to you that they were trying to intimated her and you didn't like it at all. Once you see that she's done eating, you excuse the two of you.

"If you'll excuse us, we have a project to do."

"(y/n), wait..."

Stef tried to call for you but you just ignored her and headed to your room.

"I'm really sorry about them, (y/n). I don't know what got into them. They're usually friendly."

She gives you a small smile and kisses your cheek. She wouldn't gone to kiss you on the lips but was afraid they might come in and kick her out for the PDA.

"It's okay. I have a feeling that they're just being overprotective."

X

"So maybe we shouldn't have been too intense. We not only managed to scare off, (gf's name), we also managed to scare off (y/n)."

Callie tells them. Jude and Brandon nod in agreement with her.

"Dessert still hasn't been eaten. Why don't we get them to come back down for a redo."

Lena adds.

Everyone quickly presses a finger to their nose, leaving Stef as the last person to do it.

"I wasn't ready! Redo."

"Sorry, babe. Go upstairs and ask them to come back."

Stef lets out a quiet huff and heads upstairs to your room.

"We'd like to apologize for our behavior. Dessert still hasn't been eaten so we were hoping that the two of you could join us. I promise it won't be weird again."

You look to (gf's name), giving her the choice to decline.

"We'd love to. Come on (y/n)."

(gf's name) was really too sweet for her own good. She took your hand and led you downstairs.

X

Dessert was much better. They were all actually trying to get to know her and you couldn't be happier to see your family getting along with your girlfriend. Dessert is soon finished and it's time for your girlfriend to head back home.

"I'll walk you out."

You stand with her, following her back to the front door to leave the loud chorus of goodbye's and wishes for her to come back.

"Thank you for inviting me. Your family was lovely."

You give her an 'are you serious' look, making her laugh.

"Okay, they were lovely on the second half. I told you they were just being overprotective. It's sweet. Don't worry. They didn't scare me off."

You let out a sigh of relief.

"I was a little scared for a second."

She rolls her eyes and looks behind you to see if they were looking through the window. When she doesn't find anyone, she leans in to kiss you softly.

"Don't be. I don't scare easily.

X

Back inside, you can't help but roll your eyes when they all pretend like they weren't looking out the window.

"You're not so subtle."

"We just want to make sure that she treats you well."

"Well as you saw. She does."

Stef nods.

"We didn't scare her off, did we."

"Fortunately for you mom, you didn't."

"Good, we like her."

You smile and give your moms a hug.

"Good, because I like her too."