Chapter 25: goodbye to a world

Y/n's pov

Me and Umbra were facing what once was The Lotus. She had become her old sentient self named Natah

 She had become her old sentient self named Natah

Umbra: Lotus... Is that you...?
Hunhow: false, elder Umbra. That... Is my daughter Natah.

Natah stares menacingly at us three.

Hunhow: she... Is... The true core...

Light blue spots start to glow on her

Natah: silence...

She then fired a ton of beams at Hunhow. Umbra quickly grabs me and flies me away from the blast. Hunhow was destroyed.

Natah: i am the sentient queen. Natah. I am the one who will bring the war to its conclusion in the favor of the sentients.

Umbra and I landed on the ground.

Umbra: Lotus! This is unlike you! You were supposed to help the tenno, not try to destroy us!
Natah: my need to help your kind has faded from my memory. As such... I Will eliminate you for having no value to me.

Natah then charged a single spot and fired a light speed beam at me and Umbra

Y/n: woah!

I was fast enough to dodge the projectile. However... The beam had pierced Umbra's chest. He collapsed back.

Death Scene - legend of dragoon plays

Y/n: UMBRA!!!

I then ran Quickly to Umbra and held him

Y/n: Umbra! Please don't die!
Umbra: Young Y/n... I can't... Go on...
Y/n: don't say that!

I try to drag him back but he stops me.

Umbra: Y/n... Listen... The conclusion of this war... Is now... Dependent on you...
Y/n: but how... How can i take on something that large...?!
Umbra: please... For the sake of the tenno and the galaxy itself... Remind her...
Y/n: remind...?
Umbra: remind Natah... Who she once was... The motherly figure to all tenno...
Y/n: The Lotus...
Umbra: yes... Take... My archwing and my blade...

Umbra handed my his katana and his archwing attached to me.

Umbra: the fate... Of the galaxy is now... In... Your... Hands...

Umbra then went limp, confirming he has passed.

Y/n: Umbra!!!

There was nothing but silence. I look at his katana. I then clench it tightly

Y/n: Umbra... Your death won't be in vain!

Y/n learned Radial Howl! (Much like Excalibur's Radial javelin but with dark energy and the ability to nullify sentient adaptability)