Chapter 5: Taking Venus back

3rd person pov

The masked thief, Y/n rushed back to the site and went down the elevator. He ran to Eudico and talked to her.

Eudico: ever since Solaris United fell, all i ever focused on was making Nef happy. I thought it would keep everyone safe...
Y/n: ...
Eudico: look. You don't have to fight for us anymore. You can leave and never come back.
Y/n: ...No...

Eudico looked at Y/n with surprise.

Eudico: why...?
Y/n: this... Is my fight now...
Eudico: sparky... I knew we could trust you.

Eudico handed the masked thief a bomb.

Eudico: this is Biz's k-bomb. Use it.
Y/n: Yes!

Y/n rushed towards the elevator and walked out. Outside he saw a lot of armed crewmen and Moa. The masked thief drew his dagger.

Y/n: que the epic music!

Y/n rushed towards the corpus troops while deflecting their plasma shots with his dagger and slashing them after getting close. He suddenly received a call on his phone.

Vox: we are the used, the mutilated, the indebted. We are Solaris United and this Thief is our messenger. Hello, Nef....
Nef Anyo: that voice... I killed it. I don't believe in ghosts...!
Vox: halt the modifications and recognize how important our work is. These are our demands...
Y/n: i demand money.
Nef Anyo: never...

The masked thief continued to fight off the crewmen. Suddenly a large spider robot appeared.

Nef Anyo: the profit taker orb will take care of the little thieving pest

Eudico: Zero, you need to get out!

The masked thief pointed his dagger to the spider robot.

Y/n: i'm taking it down.
Eudico: are you out of your mucking mind?!
Y/n: yes.

Y/n dashed towards the profit taker orb and started to slash one of the legs. The robot tried to kick Y/n away, but he dodged quickly. He continued to slash at the robot's leg.

Nef Anyo: do you think a thief like you can really-

Y/n slashed once more and sliced off a large chunk of the robot's leg.

Nef Anyo: h-how...? The profit taker is indestructible...

The masked thief went under the robot. It tried to fire at him with the underside turret. Y/n got under the turret and fired several dark energy orbs at it until the turret fell off.

Nef Anyo: th-this is impossible...! There is no way a mere thief can destroy something as powerful as the profit taker...!

The profit taker orb tried to crush the masked thief with its mass. It created a large explosion of snow.

Nef Anyo: there we go...

Suddenly rumbling was heard underground.

Nef Anyo: it can't be...!

A massive explosion of dark energy caused the profit taker to fall on its back. Y/n poured dark energy into his dagger and made it a dark sword. He dashed towards the underside of the robot and was inside of the profit taker.

Y/n: time to go out with a bang!

The masked thief armed the k-bomb and left the robot. A massive explosion was released by the destroyed robot.

Eudico: now that that's done, try to hack the coolant tower.

Y/n hacked into the coolant tower and drew his dagger after more crewmen arrived.

Nef Anyo: what the? I've lost control of the coolant tower!
Vox: you never had control. This property is Solaris United's
Nef Anyo: i'll send in another squad to get rid of the thieving pest!

Y/n continued slashing the enemy while shooting at them.

Nef Anyo: you'll destroy Fortuna!
Vox: we know that poverty is worse than death to men like you!
Y/n: stop modifying and acknowledge how important their work is! I also demand some money.

The coolant tower was on the brink of shutting down.

Nef Anyo: men... J-just... Just give them what they want...!
Eudico: that's all we need.

The coolant tower returned to normal.

Y/n: looks like that's the end of that.

Music stops

Y/n returned back to Fortuna to see everyone again.

Eudico: thanks to you, Solaris United is back together. We will always remember this. You're one of us now.

Eudico shook hands with the masked thief.

Eudico: and we all lift together.

Eudico led Y/n somewhere.

Thursby: hey, Zero!
Y/n: Thursby?
Thursby: got a new name. Legs will sell you pet moas now.
Eudico: they still modified him, but he's still the same old Thursby.
Thursby: stop by anytime you'd like.

The masked thief waved goodbye to the workers he saved. He was approached by a crewman with a large case.

Crewman: th-this is... For you... S-sir.

Y/n looked inside to see a lot of credits (money). He kicked the crewman in the groin.

Crewman: y-you're... W-welcome...

Y/n called the dojo on his phone.

Y/n: Umbra. The investigation is complete. I've had to save the whole worksite.
Umbra: well done. Return to the dojo and we will see what happens from there.

The masked thief nodded and deployed his archwing before flying up towards the stars.

Y/n: (in head) those were some good folks i saved...