Chapter 16: infectious

3rd person pov

Y/n roamed the halls of the dojo. Tori was trusted enough to go on her own missions without having Y/n by her side. Y/n kept roaming the halls of the dojo until he was stopped by another warframe

 Y/n kept roaming the halls of the dojo until he was stopped by another warframe

Y/n: is there something you need?
Trinity: yes. I am Trinity, the medical warframe. I need your help on a mission.
Y/n: what is it?
Trinity: Alad V... Is back...

The two of you can hear Valkyr yelling from her room.

Valkyr: SON OF A BITCH!!!

Trinity took the young thief to the mission room.

Y/n: how could Alad V come back?

The medical warframe injected something into Y/n's neck

Y/n: ow... What was that for?
Trinity: Alad V came back with the help of a dangerous virus called the infestation. It can alter a person mentally and physically in horrifying ways.
Y/n: flood much?
Trinity: what?
Y/n: nothing. So what was the injection for?
Trinity: this will prevent you from becoming infected.
Y/n: what about you?
Trinity: the orokin built the infestation and infused it into warframes thus making us unable to become infected. Don't worry. If you get hurt, I'll heal you!

Her bright attitude reminded her of someone back home.

Y/n: thanks Compa- i mean Trinity.

Trinity then lead the youth to her orbiter. They then went to the planet Sedna. The planet was just sprawling with the vile disease consuming all. Y/n and Trinity walked through inflected mass

Y/n: this is just the worst.
Trinity: watch out for what this disease spawns.

Suddenly a shriek was heard by the two. A lot of bipedal and quadrupedal monstrosities attacked the thief and warframe. Trinity pulled out her smg while Y/n pulled out his pistol.

Trinity: here they come!

Y/n and Trinity fired at the infested monsters before they could come close. A lot of them fell as their bodies were pierced by the bullets. The masked thief grabbed the medic's hand.

Y/n: let's go!

Y/n ran with Trinity and led her to a room before closing it shut.

Y/n: it won't be long before they bust in.

Trinity noticed a slash on Y/n's arm

Trinity: oh my, you're hurt...!
Y/n: it's nothing.
Trinity: don't say that!

Trinity quickly patched up Y/n's arm. She really acted a lot like Compa to the point of worrying for small wounds. She eventually finished.

Trinity: you can always count on me!
Y/n: thanks. I guess. Let's move

Y/n then received a call on his phone

Alad V: h-hello...
Y/n: Alad?!

Alad V had infections all over his face.

Alad V: don't you see...? This is a new way of life...! I don't want money anymore... I wish to live for eternity...! We promise...
Trinity: the infestation has burned itself into his mind... It'd be best if we just killed him

Suddenly the door was starting to break and infested were trying to make their way in. Y/n and Trinity had their guns at the ready and fired upon the infested. They then ran into another large room full of the infested mass and heard a creepy chuckle.

Alad V: need i show you the path...? This... Is... Immortality...!
Y/n: no. It's ugly.

Alad V pulled out an infested rifle and got ready.

Alad V: join... Us...!

I'm my own master now - metal gear rising reveangace plays

Alad V shot is infested rifle on Y/n and trinity. The two dodged out the way but were now surrounded by more of the infestation. The two quickly killed the monsters while dodging shots fired by Alad V

Alad V: don't you see...? Death is birth...!

Y/n jumped back and slashed at Alad V with his dagger but it wasn't enough since the infection gave him more resistance. Alad V hit the masked thief with his device causing a small explosion, knocking Y/n back. Trinity then jumped in and pulled out her sword and quickly slashed at Alad V creating a small wound.

Trinity: Zero, now!

Y/n ran towards Alad V and jabbed his hand into the wound before blowing him up with a dark explosion.

Music stops

Trinity: we finally got rid of him
Y/n: looks like Valkyr won't stay angry again.

More infested started to make their way into the room. The masked thief and medic warframe quickly ran towards the orbiter and boosted away from the infested planet. They got rid of a nightmare that would never return.

To be continued