chapter 17: arena games

Y/n's pov

I woke up from yet another nap. I gave a yawn and stretched before getting out of bed. I checked my phone for the time and saw that i was given a text by someone named Kela De Thayme

You right there! I've heard about your skill. You show off! Come face the real challenge in my arena! Don't be a coward and face us!

Y/n: another grineer threat apparently...

I then heard a knock at my door and opened it to see another warframe

Y/n: hello. Who are you?
Grendel: mah name's Grendel, lad! (Yes he has a Scottish accent) I'm the devouring warframe!
Y/n: devour...?

He laughed and slapped his stomach

Grendel i eat whatever i can get mah hands on, lad! What are ye up to?

I showed him the message on my phone.

Y/n: I'm being challenged by someone named Kela De Thayme
Grendel: that woman be a sadistic grineer higher up who always puts people against her executioners. I'll help ya out. Mah stomach's been feelin a little empty!

Grendel led me to his orbiter and we went to Sedna. We continued infiltrating the Grineer base until we found ourselves in a strange room

Y/n: the air here disturbs me...
Grendel: tha scent of food would be much more comforting.

We then felt the ground shake a bit.

Y/n: what the...?

The platform we were on was actually an elevator. The ceiling opened up as me and Grendel were being lifted by the elevator. We eventually found ourselves in an arena of sorts.

Kela De Thayme: welcome... To my arena!

We turned to see the Grineer in charge of the arena.

Grendel: so yer the one causin mayhem. Unlucky you, I'm gonna eat yeh!
Kela De Thayme: save your breath fatty, it might be your last!

Grendel slapped his stomach and laughed before pulling out his clubs.

Grendel: thanks for the compliment.
Y/n: this might get ridiculous...
Kela De Thayme: executioners, now!

Hot wind blowing - metal gear rising revengeance

A door opened and several grineer soldier ran at us with melee weapons. Grendel jumped in and striked them with his clubs before opening the mouth on his stomach.

Grendel: get in mah belly!

While i slashed at the grineer, i couldn't help but look at Grendel gobbling his enemies through his stomach.

Grendel: I'm bigger than all of yeh, I'm higher in the food chain!
Y/n: this looks familiar...
Kela De Thayme: executioners! If you don't execute them, you'll be the executed!

She sent out more of her executioners at us. I quickly jumped up and floated a bit.

Y/n: Eiga!

Several dark orbs appear behind me before i point my arm and stretch my palm at the enemy, causimg the dark orbs to rain on the enemy.

Grendel: you've got style, lad!

Suddenly rockets came at us. We quickly dodged. Kela De Thayme finally jumped down to face us.

Kela De Thayme: you two must feel honored to take me on! I control the stage, i call the shots around here!
Y/n: (in head) big talk...

She shot rockets directly at Grendel. He opened the mouth on his stomach and ate them

Grendel: not good enough for mah stomach.

He spat the rockets back Kela causing her to recoil.

Kela De Thayme: eat this. Orbital strike!

Suddenly targets appear around us and high speed projectiles rained on us. One sent me flying towards Kela

Kela De Thayme: what the-?!

I slashed her with my dagger making her recoil again. She kicked me back into the arena. Rollers started to attack me and Grendel.

Grendel: i hope they're tasty.

I stabbed the rollers and kicked them at Grendel. He ate them before spitting them and Kela.

Kela De Thayme: not like this...! You two...! Join me...! I can give you as many as you want to kill...!
Grendel: i think she's offerin me a free buffet!
Y/n: I don't fight to kill people...

I lunged at Kela with my dagger.

Y/n: i fight to protect people!

I slashed Kela leaving a fatal wound on her. She staggered before falling.

Music stops

Grendel: with victory comes a feast!
Y/n: yeah, no... I'm not hungry.

And so another grineer higher up was defeated. Back at the dojo Grendel ate a lot of food while i layed in bed waiting for tomorrow.

To be continued