Chapter 3: Starting a mission.

3rd person pov

Y/n awoke from a nap. He looked around and remembered that he was now allied with the Tenno. He tiredly got up and went outside his room.

Y/n: (in head) I wonder what i can do here...

The masked thief walked around the dojo. He was then stopped by Umbra.

Umbra: ah, young one. Right on time.
Y/n: is there something you need?
Umbra: indeed.

Umbra led Y/n into a large room with a hologram of the solar system. The masked thief stared at the hologram, filled with interest.

Y/n: so this is... The origin system, right?
Umbra: correct. We have brought you here because you will be needed to do a mission for us.
Y/n: ...
Umbra: you needn't worry. You've been assigned a partner.

One of the doors opened to reveal the partner Umbra spoke of.

???: is this the kid you's talking about.
Umbra: yes. He will assist you for the mission.
Mesa: well howdy partner. Name's Mesa, the gunslinger warframe.

Y/n shook hands with the warframe. Her grip was very tight.

Y/n: so what's the mission?
Mesa: we gotta stop that varmint, Vor.
Y/n: Vor...?
Umbra: he's a captain working for the Grineer. Your task is to find and terminate him.
Y/n: seems like a good idea.
Mesa: then lets go!

Mesa grabbed the masked thief's hand and ran at full speed to her orbiter.

Y/n: h-hey...! Wait...!

After being dragged, the masked thief and his warframe partner finally traveled to a Grineer battleship. Inside were a lot of Grineer troops.

Y/n: i think we're better off if we sneak.
Mesa: where's the fun in that?

Mesa pulled out her regulators and opened fire on the Grineer soldiers.

Troop: Tenno!
Y/n: damnit...

Y/n's stealthy approach was ruined. He pulled out his dagger and pistol.

Mesa: that's more like it!
Y/n: (in head) crazy woman...

The two fought there way through grineer forces. They finally found their target.

 They finally found their target

Vor: so... The child has returned.
Y/n: i'm no child. I'm a kid.
Vor: why fight against us? The origin system will soon belong to the queens!
Y/n: not if i take it over first.

More grineer soldiers showed up behind Y/n and Mesa.

Mesa: partner, i'll take care of these hooligans. You take care of the captain.

The masked thief gave a nod to the gunslinger warframe. She pointed towards the enemy cyborgs.

Mesa: i'm feelin' trigger happy... Let's dance boys!

As Mesa got rid of grineer forces, Y/n was face to face with Captain Vor.

Hot wind blowing - metal gear rising revengance plays

Vor used the strange gold key to teleport behind Y/n and tried to cut him with a machete. Y/n quickly dodged the attack and drew his dagger.

Vor: hold still, insect!

Y/n slashed the Grineer captain repeatedly, leaving a lot of markings on his armor.

Y/n: (in head) game over...
Vor: i'm not done...!

Vor brandished a strange golden key and his wounds recovered.

Y/n: (in head) what the...?

Vor teleported in front of the masked thief and tried to shoot him with his gun. Y/n quickly moved the captain's gun away from him and pointed his own towards Vor's chest. Despite unloading the whole clip into the captain, he healed himself again.

Vor: do you not see? It is futile to try to destroy me!

The masked thief pointed his gun towards Vor again.

Vor: what? You still plan on keeping this up?

But then Y/n pointed his gun towards the sky and fired. Vor looked up, which gave Y/n the opportunity to snatch the gold key from his hands.

Vor: you little...!
Y/n: (in head) looking for this?

Y/n poured dark energy into his dagger and turned it into a shadow sword. He rushed towards Vor and slashed him repeatedly. The captain couldn't support his weight anymore with his injuries.

Vor: i've failed you... My queens...

Vor fell into a hole with water and was submerged. Y/n looked at the key.

Y/n: (in head) What's this...?
Mesa: i see ya got the key, partner.

The masked thief turned to see his warframe partner in one piece.

Y/n: thank the stars you're alright. What is this?
Mesa: that there is a key to the void. The origin of our power.

Mesa approached Y/n and patted his back.

Mesa: ya did good for a kid.
Y/n: thanks... I guess.
Mesa: drinks are on me tonight.
Y/n: (in head) how the hell are you supposed to drink...?

After Y/n left his calling card, the two went back to the dojo. Y/n saw that everyone seemed concerned.

Y/n: what's wrong.
Rhink: this... Is for you...

It was a message from an unkown person.

The death of Captain Vor... Your actions have consequences...

Y/n: what... Is this...?
Rhino: we don't know who sent this. But whoever it was, it would appear that they were watching you from afar.

The masked thief started to wonder who sent this anonymous letter.
Fate would decide if their paths shall cross...

I apologize for my long hiatus. I haven't really been thinking about story. I'll do my best to try to not make chapters a month long wait. Emphasis on try.