Chapter 15: danger at the dojo

Y/n's pov

I was just walking around the dojo. Things got pretty boring since Tori wasn't here to annoy me. I continued walking until i found myself in a ring. I saw Umbra watching tenno fight each other.

Y/n: what's going on?
Umbra: we must all hone our skills. The best way to do so is to fight one another. If you want, you're free to fight any of us if we're feeling it.
Y/n: can i go against you?

Suddenly every tenno stopped and looked at me.

Umbra: sorry. I can't.
Y/n: oh... Ok...

I started to walk back but felt Umbra grab my shoulder.

Umbra: can't resist that is.

Everyone then gathered to watch me fight Umbra. We stepped in the ring and were apart from each other. Umbra held his sheathed katana.

Umbra: do not hold back on me, Y/n.
Y/n: i won't...

Red sun - metal gear rising revengeance plays

In a flash Umbra was in front of me and quickly unseathed his katana on me. I took quick action and countered it with my dagger. Umbra then back flipped and seathed his katana again. (Iaijutsu).

Y/n: (in head) of course the chief's the strongest...

I poured dark magic into my dagger and created a dark sword. Me and Umbra rushed at each other. Umbra swiftly unsheathed his katana and struck my dark sword. We stared at each other while we were locked.

Y/n: something wrong, gramps?
Umbra: don't underestimate age, young one.

Umbra knocked me off guard and was about to strike me. I let myself fall and kicked his katana out of his hands before jumping for it and grabbing it. I pointed his katana at him.

Y/n: sorry gramps... But time for a retirement.

Umbra chuckled at me.

Umbra: then i guess i should show you something special...

The tenno watching us gasped for an unknown reason. Umbra put his hands together and summoned a yellow sword made of light.

Umbra: behold... Exalted Umbra Blade!

I gripped Umbra's katana tightly. He fired sword beams at me. I quickly deflected the the waves before i leaped at Umbra.

Y/n: now we end this!
Umbra: i don't think so... Radial Howl!

Umbra then jabbed his sword into the ground releasing a wave of energy at me. He then repeatedly slashed me with his sword before kicking me into a wall.

Music stops

Umbra: you've still a long way to go...

I looked up and saw Loki.

Loki: yo man, you alright?
Y/n: yeah... I'm fine...

Loki gave me a hand and helped me get up.

Y/n: thanks...
Loki: no prob, but i gotta say you've got guts. Most tenno don't stand up to Umbra. He's the chief and may be old, but he's still up and kicking especially against those sentients. You should take a rest.
Y/n: I'll say...

Later at night

I got up and explored the empty dojo. Most tenno were already asleep. I eventually found myself in the ring were i fought Umbra.