Chapter Twenty

• Dedicated to My best friend Natalie <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Firstly, sorry for taking a while to upload this, I've been very busy. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter and thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote and comment and notify me of any errors if you find any!

Chelcia xx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kayla: 21 weeks pregnant

The sun gently glimmers, slowly hiding away beneath the arousing stars and into the night. I continue my journey from my first pregnancy class, a warm smile looming on my face as it’s a relief to be surrounded by pregnant women who are going through the exact same thing as me.

As I’m strolling through the silent streets, I hear faint footsteps in the distance. I turn around, only to see a pigeon pecking at a half eaten bread roll on the floor. I burrow my brows in confusion, I’m sure that there was somebody walking behind me? I shake my head and continue my journey home, retrieving my phone from my bag and reading my emails.

There is a fairly old lady sweeping away the dirt from outside of her store, preparing to close up as she silently hums to herself. I pause outside of the shop window, gazing inside at the various baby clothes and toys. “Those are cute,” I smile, pointing at the sky blue crocheted shoes on display.

She looks up at me and then to the shoes, “They are,” she smiles. She then looks at my stomach, “Are you expecting a little boy?” she asks.

I nod, smiling as I reply, “Yeah, I am. How much are they?”

“They’re fifteen dollars,” she explains, “Would you like them now?”

“It’s okay; I can see that you’re closing up now. I can come back tomorrow,” I say.

“Oh don’t worry sweetie,” she says, “Come on in.”

I follow her inside of the store, letting out an awe as my eye catches a knitted brown hat with two googly eyes on the front. “Do you make all of these?” I ask as I pick up the hat, running my fingers over the soft material.

She nods, “Apart from the toys, I get them shipped in,” she explains. As she’s retrieving the shoes from the back, I explore the store, looking at all of the different incredibly cute items.

She then returns, smiling as she says, “Here they are, I’ve only got one left and that’s size zero to three months.”

“That’s perfect,” I smile, retrieving twenty dollars from my purse.

She neatly wraps the shoes in blue tissue paper before tying it in a white bow and placing it in a bag. “Here you go darling, that’s fifteen dollars.”

I smile gratefully, “Thank you so much,” I say as I place the money in her hands.

“So how many months are you?” she asks as she cashes away the money, handing me back my change.

“Twenty one weeks today,” I smile.

“Well congratulations sweetie and please do stop by another time,” she says, smiling. I thank her and make my way outside, continuing my journey to Tara’s Café where Damion will be joining me for dinner.

Five minutes later, as I’m silently walking through the streets, I can’t help but feel the presence of someone lurking behind me. Suddenly, feeling rather frightened, I being to speed up, deciding not to look back. I hear the footsteps draw nearer and abruptly turn around, only to see no one there.