Chapter Twenty Eight

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, just to let you all know before you complain about the length of this chapter, it isn't very long since I wanted to update a new chapter as soon as possible. The comments for chapter 27 were amazing and I'm glad that everyone's enjoying the story so far. I hope you enjoy this chapter and please comment what you think, as well as vote. In case you haven't noticed, TNTCE has over 300,000 reads. This is seriously insane and I want to thank you all for reading, words can't explain how appreciative I am of every single person who reads. I hope you enjoy!

Lot's of love, Chelcia. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kayla: 24 weeks pregnant

“It’s been so good to see you,” Kasha squeezes me. She holds me at arm’s length and tilts her head to the side, examining me as she says, “You seem much more, I don’t know … happier, your eyes are literally glowing. Pregnancy and Mr. Gorgeous obviously seems to agree with you,” Kasha smiles, before drawing me into another hug.

We hug our final goodbye and as soon as she leaves, I can’t help but feeling strangely homesick. I’ve missed her, and I’ve missed our girl talk. It’s fun and relaxing and it reminds me that even though I’m going to be a mother, I’m still young. My ankles are slightly swollen after strolling around the mall arm in arm with Kasha for hours, spending a small fortune on things for the baby. I take out a white baby grow from one of the bags and smile, tracing my fingers along the soft material. It’s so small; it’s unbelievable to think that he’s going to be small enough to fit into all of these newborn clothes. 

My thoughts are disrupted by a sudden knock at the door, sounding more like a thud as the sound pounds across the room. I frown; who could that be? I stroll towards the door, still clutching the baby grow and call out, “Who is it?” I wait for a response but the person remains silent and I roll my eyes as I swing open the door. My heart leaps from out of my chest as standing right in front of me, with an unnerving blank expression on her face, is Rosie.

I blink repeatedly at her as my mind goes into overdrive. What is she doing here? What does she want? A creeping cold fear grips my heart as she narrows her eyes at me, but I can’t read her expression. She tilts her head to one side, examining my life drawn face as if I’m an exhibit in a freak show. Her lips then curl up into a smug smile, but her face remains impassive as she crosses her arms, showing me that she means business. She’s wearing skin tight, navy blue jeans with a black crop top, showing a small amount of her stomach and navel. A silver chain rests against her collar bone and she’s wearing high heeled, black pumps.

“Rosie,” my voice is small but steady, despite the fact that my heart is beating at a minimum of a thousand beats per minute. Why does this woman freak me out so much? She might be an envious bitch, but she couldn’t possibly hurt me. “What do you want?” I spit, surprised at my tone, my increasing anger palpable in my voice as it now consumes my fear.

She clears her throat and stands upright, but her increase in status doesn’t faze me. “I need to talk to you,” she finally speaks as her face sets into an angry and determined expression, her piercing dark brown eyes locked into mine, filled with loathing.

I purse my lips, “Do you know?” I mutter, my voice sardonic. I don’t want to talk to her, in fact, opening the door to her has automatically altered my mood. But maybe this talk might sort things out between us, although there’s nothing that needs to be sorted out since I’ve done nothing wrong. She simply needs to leave Damion alone and get the hell out of our relationship.  “You’ve got five minutes,” I state, stepping back and allowing her inside.