Chapter Five

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, here's chapter five. I hope you like it and I'm sorry for any mistakes because this chapter hasn't been edited. 

Chelcia xx

Twitter - @TNTCE Please follow for important updates!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Damion

I stand in front of my large mirror hanging on the wall, gliding my fingers through my hair, ruffling and flipping it as I try to set it right. I straighten out my black shirt, desperately trying to remove any creases that the iron didn't seem to find. I suck at ironing; I’m pretty surprised that my shirt didn’t burn this time.

Urgh, why am I feeling so nervous? I’m never nervous. I take one more glance at myself in the mirror and then make my way to the living room. As I’m walking, I have a quick look around at the place. The wooden floorboards are shining in the sunlight, the furniture is glistening clean and that weird smell that usually floats around in the air has disappeared. This is  the tidiest that I’ve ever seen my apartment; if only my mom could see it right now, then maybe she’d stop complaining. But I really do want to impress Kayla and show her that this is the right place for her and the baby to live. 

I throw myself down on my large blue sofa and relax my body as I sink inside. My phone begins to ring in my back pocket and I take it out, expecting it to be Kayla, but it’s Rosie. I gaze at the picture of her smiling in her caller I.D. This is one of my favourite pictures of her, she looks so happy and she’s being herself for once, and not the vain, arrogant, self centred person that she’s become. I let out a sigh then press the answer button. “Well hello handsome,” she flirtatiously says.

“Hey Rosie,” I say, letting out a sigh.

“How’s my baby been? I’ve been missing you so much lately,” she says.

I lean back against the sofa then wince as I mumble, “I’ve missed you too.”

“We should have dinner tonight and catch up,” she says cheerfully.

“No, I’m sorry I can’t,” I say as I peer at my watch.

“You’re not still upset about what happened are you? That’s in the past and I’m so in the future right now,” she states.

“No it’s not that, it’s just that some things have come up lately and well...”

“Oh... Okay, I understand, you’ve found someone else,” she says sadly.

“N-n-no it’s not that,” I stutter. “It’s just that tonight’s not a good night. Why don’t we meet up another time?”

She pauses, and then brightly replies, “Okay. Well text me later babes.”

“Um okay...” I immediately hang up the phone, not even waiting for her to say goodbye. 

Why do girls have to be so stressful? I know that I can’t keep avoiding Rosie; she’s going to somehow find me. If I don’t meet up with her soon, I know she’s going to arrive half naked at my door.

There’s suddenly a soft knock at the door and I automatically know that it’s Kayla. She has this way of softly knocking the door; she knocks as if there’s a baby sleeping peacefully inside. I stand up and take a deep breath as I rub my hands together, suddenly beginning to feel all nervous again. “Get a grip man; this is only a girl,” I tell myself.