Chapter Twenty-Two

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I really hope you enjoy chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it. Please vote and comment what you think! 

Chelcia xx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kayla: 24 weeks pregnant

“Uncle Damion!” a high pitched voice calls. Our heads turn to the swarm of people at the airports exit who are waiting for their long missed family members. A small girl runs through the crowd and towards Damion, her yellow dress flowing below her knees, showing her slim tanned legs.

Her flowing golden locks, mirroring the sun’s rays are plaited into two, swinging below her shoulder. Damion lets go of his suitcase, crouching down and opening his arms as the five year old girl runs into them, squealing as she wraps her small arms around him.

“Maddie!” Damion exclaims as he squeezes the young girl, hugging her tightly as he brightly smiles, “I’ve missed you,” he says.

“I’ve missed you more than you’ve missed me,” she giggles.

He stands up and turns to me, “Maddie, this is my girlfriend Kayla,” he explains.

She beams up at me and waves, “Hello Kayla,” before saying, “You’re really pretty.”

I smile, “Well thank you Maddie,” I say, “That’s a really pretty dress you have on there.” She grins as she looks down at her floral, yellow summer dress before doing a twirl to show off her princess like dress.

“Where’s your mom?” Damion asks.

Maddie points behind us and we both turn around to see a blonde woman walking towards us; resembling Maddie’s striking features and Damion’s vivid sapphire blue eyes. She grins, revealing her pearly white teeth as she extends her arms and embraces Damion. 

Her side parted, short, golden hair hangs at her chin, assorted with different shades of blonde. She’s wearing a light, nude lip balm as she hardly needs to wear makeup due to naturally flawless looks. She’s wearing blue jeans and a simple, orange t-shirt.  

Damion introduces his sister Emma, who brightly smiles and hugs me, welcoming me to Ohio before offering to take me suitcase. As we’re exiting the airport, Maddie lets go off Damion’s hand and skips towards me, smiling before taking hold of my hand and leading me towards the car.

“You can sit next to me in the car if  you like,” she smiles, revealing her piercing dimples, “It’s not a very long journey,” she continues, “We go past a couple of houses and down a long, long road,” she explains as she shows me the directions with her hands, “And then we’re at grandma’s house.”

I chuckle, smiling at the intelligent five year old girl before saying, “You really do know your way around town.” She proudly nods as we wait at the car for the two siblings who are slowly walking behind, laughing amongst themselves.

Fifteen minutes later, after a fairly short car journey from the airport, we finally arrive to Damion’s mother’s house. My mouth falls in astonishment as my eyes lay on the grand, white, three storied house. The park sized lawn is bedded with freshly cut grass, sprinkled with dazzling flowers. A large tree stands tall, where an old, wooden tree house is buried beneath the towering leaves.

Damion takes my hand as we walk up the stoned pathway, the noise of our suitcases chattering against the ground beneath us. “Is this your house?” I whisper to Damion, still surprised at the extravagant house.