Chapter Twenty-Four

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Takes a deep breath* Well hello guys, long time no see. Well firstly, I'm so sorry for taking months to upload this chapter. I've been so busy and I went through the worst writers block at times, but i've finally finished this chapter. So, here you go and I'm really nervous about this chapter because everyone's so excited to read it and i'm scared in case i've let you down and it's not up to your expectations. However, I do hope you like and please do comment your opinion and give me feedback and of course, please vote! Thank you for reading and for the support of The Night That Changed Everything and it's gotten nearly 150,000 reads so thank you all so much! 

Chelcia xx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kayla: 24 weeks pregnant

I stand up, glancing in the mirror at my outfit. The below the knee, burgundy midi maternity dress stretches beautifully over my bump with an opulent, floral, lace overview. I lean closer towards the mirror, wiping the outline of my mouth, removing a faint smudge from my deep burgundy lipstick. My hand clutches onto my stomach before gently rubbing my pregnant belly in circular motions, a small smile appearing on my face as my baby’s small feet tapper on the wall of my stomach saying hello.

My mind flashes into recall, questions firing through my mind, trying to recollect what happened last night, did Damion confess that he loves me? I’m sure that I heard him say it but I was too speechless to reply. So I simply pretended to be asleep, hoping that he wouldn’t hear the thudding beats of my racing heart. Or was this all a dream?

A smile spreads across my face, my cheeks reddening at the thought of Damion loving me. I literally can’t help but smile every time I think of him. Only one person has ever confessed to loving me, which I loved too, and that was Derek.

I love the way that Damion always calls me beautiful, even when I don’t feel it. The way that he’s always holding onto me, whether he’s holding my hand or with his arm around my waist.  I love the way that he looks at me when he thinks I’m not aware, just simply gazing with a dreamy smile. And then he’s always making me laugh, whether he’s acting like a complete douche or just being really silly. I’m falling in love with him.

Footsteps sound in the near distant, gradually becoming louder as they make their way towards the room. The person briefly knocks, pauses and then stretches open the door. My attention diverts to the door as the male figure enters. Damion smiles, his eyebrows rising as his eyes lock into mine. He quietly closes the door behind him and makes his way towards me, his eyebrows still raised as he bites the corner of his lip in a somewhat seductive way.

“You look gorgeous,” he mumbles as he locks his arms around my waist, his chest placed against my balloon shaped stomach. “If you weren’t pregnant and we weren’t in my mother’s house,” he smirks, bringing his head closer as he rests his forehead against mine, “I would so do you right now,” he whispers.

“I’m sure being in your mom’s house has never stopped you before,” I tease, my flirtatious eyes piercing into his.

He lets out a laugh and then closes the gap between our lips by pressing his lips against mine, tightly locking onto them for a moment, before allowing his tongue to enter my mouth, our lips beginning to move simultaneously together. A minute later, the pace increases, leading me to slightly stumble backwards and against the wall as Damion deepens the kiss.

A swing of emotions flood through my body as he cups my face into his hand, his tongue driving through my mouth and my hands exploring his back. Biting his lip, I lightly pull away. Between breathy moans, I ask, “What’s gotten into you all of a sudden, have you been drinking already?”