Chapter Twenty-Three

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, here's chapter 23 and I hope you like it. It's in Damion's point of view, which we haven't had in a while. This is a short chapter for a reason but I hope it's not too short and you like it nonetheless.

Thank you for reading and thank you for the support. Oh yeah, and thanks for the great feedback on chapter 22, it was amazing! Please vote and please comment because I really like to know what you think and I love your feeback. Enjoy!

Chelcia xx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Damion

I lay in the large, king sized bed alone, waiting for Kayla to return from the bathroom. I flicker through the channels with the remote, trying to find a late night movie to watch. My eyes divert from the TV and towards Kayla as she walks through the door in a short, white, silky, night dress, through which her rounded stomach is visible and her slightly tan, lean legs on show.

All of her makeup has been removed, her face looking natural and nourished as she cutely smiles at me, revealing her faint cheek dimples. I grin as she closes the door behind her and walks towards me, climbing up on to the bed and snuggling underneath the sheets next to me. My body shivers as she wraps her cold arm around my naked chest, resting her head on the pillow beside me.

The room fills with a warm silence, only the sound of the television filling the room. After minutes of silence, Kayla says, "Your mom showed me a picture of your dad today, you really look like him."

The mention of his name leads me to briefly freeze, before letting out a sigh and smiling at her, "I get that a lot," whilst driving my fingers through my uncombed hair, "That's why I look nothing like my mom."

"Did you share a close relationship with him?" she asks, her eyes deepening with concern as she sits upright. I pause, considering how to reply. I've never really mentioned anything about my father to Kayla, not because I don't want to, but because I'm not the best person at sharing my feelings.

"Kind of," I explain, "When he was well, I pretty much hated him. He was a Chief Financial Officer and he wanted me to follow through in his footsteps, but I didn't care his stupid job even though it paid the big bucks. I just wanted to play ball and live the easy life like what most teenage guys wanted." Kayla nods as I continue, "But when I was eighteen, he was diagnosed with prostate cancer and it was too late to remove it."

My head leans against the headboard as I close my eyes, deeply sighing. "It tore our family apart. We could all see him deteriorating but my mom carried this huge smile and pretended that everything was okay, when we all knew it wasn't," I pause, "But, when I found out that he was dying, I was by his bedside every single day. We learnt more about each other in a year than we did in our whole entire lives." I pause, a lump forming in my throat as I desperately try to hold back the tears, not wanting to cry in front of my girlfriend. "The following year he died," I finish.

My eyes reopen to see Kayla gazing at me, glistening tears hovering in her eyes, before falling following her blink. "Don't cry," I smile, wiping a fallen tear that's declining down her cheek.

"I'm sorry," she says, wiping her dampened face with the corner of the white sheets.

"It's okay," I say, "Look it's not your fault and at least you know a bit about him now." She nods, "Now let's going to sleep because tomorrow's going to be a busy day thanks to my mom."

Kayla sadly smiles, turning her bedside lamp off as she says, "Yeah, I guess so."

I turn of the television and my lamp, eradicating all light inside of the room. I wrap my arm around her, drawing her closer to me. Her balloon shaped stomach rests on my chest, the warmth mingling against my skin. She gently kisses me lips before saying, "Goodnight."

"Goodnight." I smile, pausing as I make out her features in the dark, her eyes closing as she twitches her nose and swipes a strand of hair from out of her face, getting ready to fall asleep.

While gazing at her, my lips faintly open and to my surprise the three unexpected words, "I love you," escape in a small sound, no louder than a whisper. My eyes widen in disbelief, my mouth then closing shut. Did I just say that? My mind races into recall, trying to make clear whether I actually said that I loved her.

The last time I ever said I love you was to Rosie, in fact, that was my first time to ever say it to a girl. Girls would always tell me that they love me but I would just reply, "I know," and grin before kissing them.

Questions start to fire through my head as I question whether I love Kayla or not. Now that I've said it, there's no turning back and the last thing I want to do is break her heart. But did she even hear me? Hopefully not. Kayla's eyes are fixed shut, all the muscles in her body at rest, only her chest slightly rising with every intake of air.

Whenever I'm not around Kayla, I can't stop thinking about her. An uncontrollable smile appears on my face just at the thought of her. But when I'm around her, I literally can't keep my eyes from off of her. She has the most gorgeous smile, and when she smiles, her grey eyes light up. My mind begins to overload with thoughts of her, leading me to let out a small groan and drive my fingers through my hair.

What the hell is happening to me, I've never felt like this way about anyone before and I feel like I'm slowly losing my mind. I don't know whether it's the lack of sex or something else, but I think I'm falling in love with Kayla, let's just hope I don't break her heart.