Chapter Fourty

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everyone!

Chapter 40 is finally here! Thank you for being so patient with me and understanding why it took me so long to update. Thank you for getting TNTCE to 1.5 million reads which is insane! And just thank you for the constant love and support of this story! I could continue thanking you all but I know how much you want to read this chapter!

Please comment once you have finished reading to let me know if you enjoyed the chapter, disliked it, if you have any questions or queries or just to voice your opinion! I love hearing what you guys think! I hope I've done this chapter justice and it's worth the wait! Don't forget to help promote the story on other social media platforms and to your friends and family! I will also be updating you all about the published version at a later date. Finally, if you enjoy this chapter then please don't forget to VOTE!

**Disclaimer** - I have never given birth and I am not a professional in the field, so please excuse me if there are any inaccuracies in relation to Kayla's labor. Everything that I have written has been based on research and personal accounts so I tried to be as accurate as possible!  If you have given birth before, I would love to hear your feedback especially! 

Enjoy!

Love Chelcia xx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"O-okay, hold on there, I'm coming," Damion says, and his voice sounds uneasy.

"Please hurry," I say, trying to catch my breath, but the line is dead.

As I place my phone down on the dining table, a pain similar to a period pain, but much more intense, lances through my lower stomach, causing me to gasp as I hold on to the edge of the dining table with one hand and my belly with the other. What's happening to me? I thought period pains were bad but this is... this is just ah! These most definitely are not Braxton Hicks, they feel different; this is the real thing, I can just sense that the baby's on his way.

I've been feeling mild pains since yesterday evening and then they worsened during the night and I could barely sleep. This morning I could still feel them but they were irregular and bearable, and no way near as painful as they are now, so I didn't think that I needed to mention them to Damion, in fact I was hoping they would go away. I close my eyes until the pain subsides before exhaling, and I'm suddenly reminded of the important need to breathe.

Opening my eyes in relief, I take a deep breath as I stand up straight and circle my belly with my hand. Taking my time, I slowly walk towards the great windows and stare out at the landscape. Where is he? Trust Damion to be with Rosie when I need him the most. I roll my eyes and turn around; I guess some things don't change after all.

I begin to pace the room, stopping every now and again to examine the photos on the wall, to wipe the dust off the top of the TV with my index winger, to adjust the flowers in the vase on the centre of the table, and the most menial of the things in order to keep myself busy. It's been about three minutes since my last contraction and my mind wanders to whether I'm even prepared to go into labor and a multitude of questions bombard my brain. What if there's something missing from the baby's hospital bag or mine? They should be on the floor beside the wardrobe; I'll go and check them right now. Did Damion pack one? I bet he didn't, he doesn't understand why he needs one and I roll my eyes as I recall our conversation.

Right, let me go and check whether all of the bags are correctly packed, I wouldn't want to – ahh! It's as if someone has their arms around me and is squeezing my stomach, whipping the breath out of my lungs and causing a pain to shoot down my thighs and across my back. I brace against the wall for support and tears cloud my vision. I want it to stop already. The pain's too much. Where the hell is Damion? I suddenly feel alone in the large and empty apartment and like a lost little girl, I want my Mom.