▪︎28▪︎

┌───── -ˋˏ ∵✰∴ ˎˊ- ─────┐

♬ ᴛᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴀ ᴡᴀʟᴋ - ᴛʀɪᴘᴘɪᴇ ʀᴇᴅᴅ ♬

⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ 0:20 ─〇───── 2:01
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀     ⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

└───── -ˋˏ ∵✰∴ ˎˊ- ─────┘

✎Kairi's pov✎

"where did keith go?" my mom asks mattia, who was the only one left standing in the hallway.

"he had to answer a call, he's out on your porch." he answers picking at one of his nails. he only does that when he's agitated.

"excuse us for one minute." i tell my mom, grabbing mattia's wrist so he follows me to the bathroom. i shut the door behind us.

"why di-" before he could finish his question, i interrupt him. "hey, just look at me, take deep breathes. i know you're angry." i say calmly as i can. mattia has a tendency of blowing up when he gets angry, that's a reason why i hate arguing with him.

i cup his face with my hands and he wraps his arms around my waist. "i'm fucking pissed." he mumbles as he leans into my hand.

"i know you are." i reply soothingly. he looks away from me, i can tell he's still livid. "how about this?" i say hugging him tightly, maybe this'll calm him down.

"thanks." i hear him whisper in my ear. i let go of the hug and look up at him. "you ready?" i ask him with a soft smile.

✎Mattia's pov✎

i look at kairi's soft smile. shouldn't i be the one consoling him? i know this situation has to be shitty for him.

"hello? anyone home?" i hear kai ask as he pokes my forehead. i nod my head in response.

i wish that hug lasted longer..

we make our way to the dinning room, where only mrs. consentino and keith sat. "kairi's father was planning to take out maiya for dinner so i thought that this was the perfect opportunity." she says gesturing for us to come over and sit.

i take the seat next to keith so kai doesn't have to.

"so, let's discuss this issue here." his mom begins. all of a sudden her whole demeanor changes.

"i didn't invite you over for the reasons i mentioned earlier, whoops." she says. what is she doing? i can see a little flicker of anger in her eyes.

i look over to both kairi and keith and they're just as confused as i am.

"i wanted to talk to you about the possible charges i could press against you." she continues, "i can tell you're scared, right? did you think that i was that dense? tch tch what a shame." she says giving the biggest 'i want to fuck you up' smile.

"oh by the way, does your dear mother now about what you've done? i bet she doesn't. it happens that i found her on facebook, she's only a few messages away." she states, still smiling at the boy.

man, kairi's mom did not come to play.

i look back over to keith to see his reaction to what she's saying. the color in his face is drained, almost as if he's seen a ghost.

"now here are your options," she continues, "you can leave, never associate with my two boys here ever again. or, only if you're up for it, harass one of them again and accept the many charges coming your way." she offers giving that very same smile from earlier.

✎Kairi's pov✎

i had no idea my mom had this kind of fire in her. i'm so relieved. god, i love this woman.

keith hastily gets up and hurries out of the house. i hear his car start up and drive away. he really just left like that.

"now, eat before your dinner gets cold. i'm going to have a glass of victory wine." she says getting up from the dinner table and she walks into the kitchen.

mattia looks at me and stiffles a small giggle.

"i didn't know your mom was that intimidating." he says as he eats. how the fuck can he slurp spaghetti noodles like that? i've always had some trouble with it.

"stop being to messy, you have sauce on your nose." i nag him as he flips me off.

god he's such a child.

•they've finished dinner•

we put up our dishes and went upstairs to my room. "are you gonna stay the night?" i ask mattia as we both sit on my bed.

"of course, stupid." he says ruffling my hair.

it's hard to keep my eyes open, pasta has a tendency of making me sleepy. "i'm so tired." i say rubbing my eyes hoping to clear the fogginess from my vision.

"then let's get ready for bed." he says taking off his shirt, so do i. sleeping shirtless is so much more comfortable.

i get under my blanket as mattia goes to turn off my lights.

he gets under the blanket. "are you cold?" he asks me and i nod my head. wait, it's pitch black, he can't see me. "yeah." i answer sleepily.

i feel his arms wrap around my waist to pull me closer. i bury my face in his chest and get cozy.

right before i can fall asleep, i hear a loud noise. "did you just fart?" i ask, laughing quietly. "yes." he replies shortly. "it's okay, release your demons." i say jokingly.

sooner or later i fall asleep listening to his steady heartbeat.

───── -ˋˏ ∵✰∴ ˎˊ- ─────

⚠ ️READ IMPORTANT!! ⚠️

hello , i think there might be 1 or 2 more chapters left for this story. when i finish this book , would y'all be interested if i made another mairi book ??  comment if you would want that please 🥺

extra ;

~07/27/20

~07/27/20

───── -ˋˏ ∵✰∴ ˎˊ- ─────

RACE SCORES 🚗💨 (iykyk)

simpforale ; 4
simpformattiapolibio ; 6