Dead Before Death

- Jay's POV -

"Is King here?"

"No."

"I mean so much to him." She says sarcastically looking up at the television.

"He loves you." I forcefully say, "He told me to stay with you, but he wants another chance. He wasn't thinking straight."

She closes her eyes, "I love him too."

"I'm glad you do."

- Miry's POV -

I turn around quickly to see King standing by the door. I gulp, slowly moving my eyes away from King to Jayson. Jay gets up, kissing my forehead and nodding at King. "I'll be outside if you need me."

"Jay." I whisper looking up at him with pleading eyes, "Don't" I mouth. He gives me a small smile and walks out the room leaving me alone with King. I look down at my arms, "I thought you were leaving."

"You thought wrong."

"Okay, you said you were leaving."

King walks slowly toward me, sitting down at the edge of the bed. He takes my hand slowly in his, and I don't refuse even though I should. We stay quiet for awhile, him making small circles on my hand, "I didn't mean for them to attack you, you know that right?"

"I know." A lot has happened since I started being with King, and I'm starting to think I made the worse mistake in my life, leaving Jay.

I stare at the television that's on the other side of the room, not actually caring on what's going on. Not wanting to talk to King, and not wanting to watch tv, I close my eyes and try to sleep. I know he's upset with himself, but he should be, it's his fault after all, right?

"You're a handful."

I open my eyes quickly to give King a dirty look, "Excuse me?"

"You heard. I'm here trying to apologize and you're ignoring me like-"

"You left me." I snap, "You left, not me. You're the one that wanted me to be back with Jay because you couldn't stand me."

"That's not fucking true!" King says jumping off the bed, "You know I had to leave you! If you stayed with me would've been dead."

"Like this is any better?" I softly say finally looking into his eyes, "Hav-Have you been crying?"

"No." he whispers looking down at the floor, "Why would I?"

"Stop acting like a tough guy! This is ridiculous."

"Fine! Yes I was fucking crying who cares?"

"Just get out." I close my eyes and I know if he doesn't leave soon I'll break down in front of him. "Please. Go."

"Babe."

"We're not meant to be, okay? We're completely opposite. None of this should've happen, this was a mistake. You were a mistake."

"No we're not, I'm not, you're just saying that. Come on, you know we're perfect together." he begs taking my hand again, "Please don't make me go, I love you. I promise you I'll never leave you ever again. Please."

"I've been on a death list for years." I finally let myself break into pieces, "Since the day I met him I was on his list. I've been on my own death list for longer than that. I'm in Keaton's death list, the guy from England, the guy that tried to kill me last night, everyone wants me dead... and so do I."

I have to make sure I protect the ones I love. I have to make sure I kill myself before they lay hands on anyone else I love. That's a promise I'm willing to keep if it means everyone else is safe.