High School 2.0

"Now don't forget your assignment is due in exactly one month from today! Class dismissed."

I hurry out of my seat, jogging down the steps and maneuvering my way through everyone. When I'm finally out of the building I take a right and start running. Running from Haley, the school, and my problems, but I don't get too far. I managed to get to the corner until I bumped into someone causing their books and papers to go everywhere.

"Shit! I'm so sorry!" I yell picking up papers and a book off the ground before getting up.

"No no, it's my fault. Are you alright?"

"Yeah I'm-" I turn around to see a tall guy, books in his arms, looking at me worryingly, "I'm alright. I'm so sorry for that"

The boy laughs taking back his books and papers, "It's alright, beautiful. Why are you in such a hurry?"

I looked down at the ground then back at him, "I uh- couldn't wait to leave class, so I stormed out" I smile

"Oh its that bad?!" he laughs, "I'm Dominic Taylor, and you are?" he says putting out his hand for me to shake.

"Um... Miriangely... just Miriangely." I shake his hand and he gives me a look, but then smiles.

"Nice to mee-"

"Miry!!"

I turn around and see Haley running towards us, scared and worried. Once she's finally closer she lets out a deep breath before saying, "Jay- Jay wants to see you" She looks at me then at Dominic who's next to me, "Oh. Oh I'm sorry! I'm Haley and you are?"

"Dominic- Dominic can you give us a second?"

"Yeah yeah no problem" He steps back and I pull Haley away.

"What does Jay want? I'm going to see Blake"

"Blake's with Jay, uh, he said something about... what's his name... Nash! Nash wants to talk to you"

"Oh so Jay doesn't want to talk to me, Nash does. Oh okay" I walk back over to Dominic, "It was great to meet you, but we have to run"

"Wait... can I have your number?" He says scratching the back of his neck, "Or is it too early?" He laughs slightly

"I uh... here write it down, do you have a-" Haley hands me a pen and I hand it to Dominic and he writes his number down on my hand, "I'll text you when I get a new phone, got to go, bye!"

"Nice to meet you!" Haley yells

"You too! Don't run into people!"

"Please tell me you have your car! I'm not planning on running to our dorm just to speak to Nash!" I yell and just as I finished saying that she pulls my arm and we come to a rough stop.

"Do you really think I would come all this way without my car!? Like seriously do you even know me?"

I just stand there- for two reasons. One, I'm out of breath God knows that I don't do sports let alone run. And two, Jay was in the passenger seat. Haley starts making her way to the driver seat until she sees me not moving.

"Well? Are you going to get in or not?"

"I think I can use some exercise" I nod and turn around

"Miriangely, stop acting like a child and get in the damn car"

I bite my tongue and close my eyes, counting to ten in my head. When I'm done with that I turn around slowly and get in the backseat with Blake.

"Hey sweetie" he mutters