Downhill

"It's Rachel... she's- she's not okay Miry."

"What do you mean she's not okay? Is she sick? I could get her medicine I'm going out any-"

"Miry, no. She's cutting again..."

"She hasn't cut in some years... please tell me this is a joke."

"No Miry. And- and I'm going to take her back to therapy. I'm sorry."

"What?! No!" I pull him into the dining room, "Did you go crazy? You can't. You just can't!"

"Miry" he sighs, "Then you talk to her."

"Oh I will." I say, "Where is she?"

"Outside, crying."

I nod and run outside and sit next to her, wrapping my arm around her, "Hey XO" I whisper.

"Miry I-"

"Shh, listen here, you know I hate you for this and yeah we're mad at each other, but we're sisters remember? Also best friends, and my XO" I smirk

"Yes m'am" she laughs a bit, "And you're my CO, but I'm really sorry."

"Shh, I'm not done. I need you to promise me you won't cut anymore."

"Miry, you just don't understand-"

"Then make me understand. Let us help you because we know what you've gone through. We've been there for you through thick and thin- I've been there for years and I'm not going to throw that away because of a fight, you understand?"

"Yes, but Miry... I think I'm going to break up with Nash."

"What?!" I yell jumping up, "What the hell are you talking about Rachel!"

"I just can't be with him. I can't- I'm going to make him suffer and I don't want that. I love him, but I need to be on my own for a while... I'm going to leave Miry... I'm going to take a break from college, from Nash, and from everyone. Only my mom is going to know where I'm going. I'm sorry, but I just can't."

Just as she finish saying that a car pulls up in my driveway.

"You're lying. Please- stop."

"Tell Nash I love him, okay? I love all of you. Goodbye Miry." She gets up, hugs me tightly- her makeup got all ruined and when I look at her my heart breaks. She lets go and smiles weakly at me, and runs down the stairs and jumps in the car without looking back.

"You can't just leave. You can't leave him." I lower myself down to the ground and start bawling, "You can't leave me. Why are you leaving me?"

A few minutes passed and I get up from where I was, and I wipe away my tears. I look into my purse and find a notepad and I leave a note for Nash and Jay, and stick it on the door.

"I'm sorry." I whisper. I hurry to my car and take my phone out and text Marcus, "Marcus I'll be at the airport in an hour I got held back. We're not coming to my house, so be prepared to go on a little trip. See you soon."

I close my eyes and start planning how everything is going to go. I pull out of my driveway and start my way to the airport.

**

"Are you sure about this?" Marcus says holding my hand

"It's just for two days Ray. Then we're going back home; I need a break."

"You trust this guy?"

I nod, "I trust you're going to protect me if anything happens, and you're sleeping with me."